Pages:
Author

Topic: How many people are using Bitcoin debit card? - page 9. (Read 10611 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I have a btc debit card, never used it though, because the price are so high!! I have friends who like the concept but I just can't afford it.  Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Bit-x
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Any bitcoin debit card that i can pay with in any store?

All of them. That's what they're for, though, whisper it, it's still cheaper to pay with your regular card.

Even if you want to spend the bitcoins you earned by other means, like sell of goods and signature campaigns?

I think it is cheaper and faster than withdraw your bitcoins, get the money out of bank, then go to the store with cash. Specially if you want to use some bigger amount.

True indeed. It makes sense if you're spending bits and bobs. If I was cashing out a large amount to spend I'd still do it the old fashioned way. Those percentages can add up.
Activity: 521
Merit: 500

All of them. That's what they're for, though, whisper it, it's still cheaper to pay with your regular card.

Even if you want to spend the bitcoins you earned by other means, like sell of goods and signature campaigns?

I think it is cheaper and faster than withdraw your bitcoins, get the money out of bank, then go to the store with cash. Specially if you want to use some bigger amount.
legendary
Welt Am Draht

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
Activity: 154
I have friends using bitplastic and xapo, however their use is much less, more flashy. The card is pretty simple but I don't fund much future of them right now but a couple years later. What pisses me odd is that bitplastic still markets their debit cards saying they are the only ones offering bitcoin debit cards but they are so wrong.

I double checked. They say they are the ONLY bitcoin debit card providers, which is false marketing and they can easily be sued by their rivals  Tongue The use of such debit cards will be low because of common use of bitcoin is also comparatively low.

This shit doesn't even matter, because nobody is going to use these cards. What'd be the point then? It will defeat the whole purpose of bitcoins. You have your own access to it and with the widespread acceptance of bitcoin, payment will be super easy too. Why use the atm card then?
Activity: 350
The fees are often vast and their continuing existence is pretty tenuous. It wouldn't take much for them to be shut down. If I really needed to spend I'd just sell normally if I can't spend them directly.

Instead of using another service with high fees, we should rather aim to create or develop a service with direct payment and zero fee system, which is what will empower bitcoin. It can be a huge SP for bitcoin and might create more space for market. The profit source might change but motive too.
Activity: 294
I have friends using bitplastic and xapo, however their use is much less, more flashy. The card is pretty simple but I don't fund much future of them right now but a couple years later. What pisses me odd is that bitplastic still markets their debit cards saying they are the only ones offering bitcoin debit cards but they are so wrong.

I double checked. They say they are the ONLY bitcoin debit card providers, which is false marketing and they can easily be sued by their rivals  Tongue The use of such debit cards will be low because of common use of bitcoin is also comparatively low.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
I recently used XAPO debit card in Norway which belonged to my uncle.
unfortunately in india we have no such cards leaving BIT-X.

Are there many shops accepting BTC debit card in Norway?

Most of them are mastercards so you can use them anywhere that's accepted. That's a lot of places.

this is a bit ironic, when we all know that mastercard is against bitcoin, yet they are the most prominent in its propaganda  Cheesy

and it is strange that visa isn't involved with bitcoin at all, there are some visa cards that utilize bitcoin? i do not recognize any...
Activity: 252
Look My eyes

Most of them are mastercards so you can use them anywhere that's accepted. That's a lot of places.

bitcoin debitcard basicly use mastercard service, if a merchand accept mastercard he can accept debit bitcoin too ?
legendary
Welt Am Draht

Activity: 133

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
so far not used yet.
Activity: 168
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114639/approved-bitcoin-debit-cards-hot-up-as-market-matures
Anyone has used BTC debit card?
Mind share your feelings about it?
I haven't used it yet, my country has not still implemented Bitcoin debit card, I would really prefer carrying Bitcoin debit card with me, if they offer some additional features like free airport lounge while waiting time that would be really awesome, looking forward more updates regards to bitcoin debit cards.
Activity: 133
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114639/approved-bitcoin-debit-cards-hot-up-as-market-matures

I think 7 from 10 people (bitcoin user) will interesting to use debitcard bitcoin
1% fee is enough for it also use api coindesk is better than api his changer (like huobi)

Would you mind telling me why do you think api coindesk is better than huobi?

Thank you very much! Wink
Activity: 644
Merit: 509

I think 7 from 10 people (bitcoin user) will interesting to use debitcard bitcoin
1% fee is enough for it also use api coindesk is better than api his changer (like huobi)
Activity: 322
I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!
I personally do not use the bitcoin cards  , and not even know people who use it . Too many costs associated with these cards , it is more ' convenient sell bitcoins and charge fiat in a prepaid card....just my opinion...
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
~ScapeGoat~
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Never really thought of using a card, I have seem a few floating around, BIT-X have one as mentioned, there are costs to using these cards and also restrictions so I would prefer to just not use them although I do understand that it can be useful for everyday purchases.

What kind of restrictions? Would you mind share a few examples?

1 of them is that they not ship to all country, another one it that you need to verify your identity(ID and residence proof) above 500 per day
Pages:
Jump to: