Pages:
Author

Topic: How to avoid ICO scam. - page 12. (Read 23619 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 0
September 02, 2018, 05:08:13 PM
I think we just need to be careful and be selective because there are lot of ico that are scam and I think the whitepaper and ico rating from rating sites enough is not enough
Activity: 868
Merit: 108
August 26, 2018, 10:31:22 AM
There are many scam ICO scattered in the world so the big problem is how to avoid scam project to avoid wasting your time. The I think if you want to avoid many scam ICOs now is you need to know how to determine which project is good or not, and what is the best way to choose good project and has the big possibility to be successful project someday. In my own understanding those question is hard to answer because most of the time we can say those ICOs  are scam after the project end.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
August 26, 2018, 10:14:13 AM
First of all, you should study the presence of a detailed Whitepaper, a real project team, a detailed road map, sane implemented ideas. If the project has a working prototype, or it is developed on the basis of the existing platform, it has a well-known and proven partners and advisors. If so, then you should already consider investing in it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
August 26, 2018, 10:01:05 AM
now there are many ico available and it's very difficult to identify them, is ico promising or a scam? all can be manipulated, look so real and very perfect, so many people are deceived. for now I keep away from ICO and focus on other investments.
Activity: 437
Merit: 12
August 26, 2018, 09:47:09 AM
I think the topic like this has often been discussed. Even there are several threads posted similar topics, you can check, look and read here:
How to avoid ICO Scam, Future of ICO (Initial Coin Offering)➡https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-avoid-ico-scam-future-of-ico-initial-coin-offering-2287869

Avoid Being Scammed Again➡https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avoid-being-scammed-again-3196383

How to known a Scam ICO➡https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-known-a-scam-ico-2916240

Keep these things in mind when you are into crypto world➡https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/keep-these-things-in-mind-when-you-are-into-crypto-world-3136517
Activity: 153
August 26, 2018, 09:30:35 AM
It is difficult to determine a good ICO project or a scam, and so far there is no most effective way to identify it. To reduce the risk that must be done is to read the white paper in full, examine the development team from their experiences and their real activities on social media.
Activity: 88
August 26, 2018, 09:18:48 AM
That is true there are many ICO scam this 2018 . Much better if you stick with Project that has legitimate Advisor , team members and partnership . One of the best ICO im investing with is Gemstra a well known social selling platform . With a solid team members and advisors with over 75 years of experience in the consumer industry ! One of the best feature of this platform of its Gamification & rewards where brands and merchant can reward sellers for outstanding achievements and engagements actions within the Astra Ecosystem !
Activity: 35
August 26, 2018, 09:06:31 AM
You should def read their whitepaper carefully, double  check their vision and dev team and also their partnerships, which are very important! If you know an ICO expert ask him for his opinion, they should know the market quite well and are probably able to judge the quality better than you.
Activity: 640
Merit: 100
August 22, 2018, 07:07:13 AM
If you want to avoid Scam projects and ICOs you need to learn how to analyze the project, it's idea, team, advisors, product, and other information. Once you will get pro in this - you will choose only best projects.
Activity: 260
Merit: 10
August 22, 2018, 03:35:45 AM
Apparently, ICO investors continue to fall prey to innumerable ICO scam. The effect of this is very devastating on investors perception of crypto-project ICOs.
While it appears there is no apparent solution to address the current scam associated with ICO in the crypto space. I propose that we help each other in finding out the best ways to identify and separate genuine ICO from fake ones....
Share your view and help a friend from falling prey to ICO scam. Let help build a healthy crypto environment. Fight the scam now.
Better try to research first before investing in a certain ICO so that you will have prior knowledge on what is legit and how to deal when a certain problem comes. Try to consult some professionals because they have more experience regards in this kind of business.As of now there is a lot of people only wants to invest in a certain ICO without any research and that is their weakness.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
August 22, 2018, 03:14:53 AM
Apparently, ICO investors continue to fall prey to innumerable ICO scam. The effect of this is very devastating on investors perception of crypto-project ICOs.
While it appears there is no apparent solution to address the current scam associated with ICO in the crypto space. I propose that we help each other in finding out the best ways to identify and separate genuine ICO from fake ones....
Share your view and help a friend from falling prey to ICO scam. Let help build a healthy crypto environment. Fight the scam now.
I have been involved in a number of fraudulent projects and I realized something. I think we should not be involved in lending projects. These are projects with a probability of up to 90%. Beside that, you should choose the project of the reputable managers, it will help you avoid the fraudulent projects.
Basically lending project is a useless idea because so many times lending project become a scam project. The blockchain is focused to change the economic system and it makes sense to avoid any project that will not have any relationship with the economic system. Health care and many more.
Activity: 464
August 22, 2018, 03:00:34 AM
I have been involved in a number of fraudulent projects and I realized something. I think we should not be involved in lending projects. These are projects with a probability of up to 90%. Beside that, you should choose the project of the reputable managers, it will help you avoid the fraudulent projects.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
August 22, 2018, 02:58:18 AM
I think the best course of action will be knowing about the ICO. Research about the team behind the ICO, their previous experience or projects.Don't invest into something you don't know. Gaining knowledge is a must and if we are not convinced or in doubt with the ICO, better not to invest. Even crypto experts are being scammed by ICO so its all about luck now and who's willing to take the risk.
Activity: 238
August 22, 2018, 02:46:17 AM
Now the time has come for continuous fraud in crypto. Everyone wants to collect millions and do nothing. It is very difficult to identify good projects, unless you are personally personally familiar with the developers.
Activity: 28
August 22, 2018, 02:17:13 AM
For the moment, ICO's scams exist. There is no one-and-one way to avoid being cheated. As investors, they must take the time to do the relevant project goals and visions and their feasibility in the encryption space before investing. The development team and Other companies that they work with conduct background checks, and invest carefully to better avoid scams.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
August 13, 2018, 06:59:52 AM
The best way that I have found to avoid scam icos is to look at the team behind it. The projects that have team members that are very transparent with what they are doing and what they are working on are always the best ones to put your money into. Then there are the ones that have a really viable product that can be used by people, those are the good icos to put your money in.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
August 11, 2018, 01:12:50 PM

Well that's what "some" of the people do here. You need to go to this (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0)-Scam Accusastions and you will see some of our members finding on a potential scam. And if you can find one, you can post it there as well so that it can give fair warnings to all of us. Just follow the SCAM format there, and I'm sure that a lot of members will be happy.
Activity: 67
August 11, 2018, 01:04:07 PM
It is hard to answer your question. For me, till now still no an accurate formula to avoid scam. Scammer becomes smarter recently. But you can use your experience and make own research to know it. Don't believe in ICO with lack and unclear information.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
August 11, 2018, 12:57:53 PM
The best way to avoid scams is to not invest in any ICO. Any ICO can be a scam. If you are interested in investing in ICOs but are afraid of fraud, then you need to have basic experience to be able to identify them. Check out the ICO reviews at reputable rating sites. Search dev team and investors are real or fake ...
Activity: 49
August 11, 2018, 12:54:17 PM
It can be said that it is very difficult to avoid ICO scams. Those so-called rating websites, from the media or foundations, all serve the interests in this unregulated world. So the best way to avoid it effectively is to have enough experience yourself.
Pages:
Jump to: