Pages:
Author

Topic: How to avoid ICO scam. - page 7. (Read 23619 times)

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
January 16, 2019, 10:52:14 AM
Determining which ICO are legit and scam in reality it's hard to find out. We know scammer are smart and we need to be smarter too if we want to see our money is safe or not getting scam by the ICO scam.  If you really want to avoud scam ICO you shoukd not invest but you will not earn more money but your money is safe. You need to choose what do you think is better.
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
January 16, 2019, 10:46:37 AM
The more we try to avoid these scam projects, the more the scammers try to device ways of evading being detected and using several methods to make investors feel they are real.
I have thought that if the team of the different ICOs can be made to report to a trusted body, perhaps SEC or any other trusted one, before starting ICO. I believe scammers will be afraid of their devices.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 104
January 16, 2019, 10:40:32 AM
Personally, I'm still very hard to avoid the scam ICO. They are like the other projects, so clear and ensuring. however, they will suddenly disappear at the certain time and gone without news.
The scammers in this day is very careful, they prepare their website, concept, and a;so whitepaper so perfectly. Sometimes, there are also the telegram community with thousand members in the group and active.
Indeed, even at the very beginning of the development of the ico market, it was very easy to deceive the investor’s company, because such news did not know how to pay attention and how to analyze the information in order to have good results. Nevertheless, in 2016 almost every ico company brought good profits. And today it is used by scammers.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
Gistcoin
January 16, 2019, 09:31:50 AM
Personally, I'm still very hard to avoid the scam ICO. They are like the other projects, so clear and ensuring. however, they will suddenly disappear at the certain time and gone without news.
The scammers in this day is very careful, they prepare their website, concept, and a;so whitepaper so perfectly. Sometimes, there are also the telegram community with thousand members in the group and active.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 335
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
January 16, 2019, 09:18:36 AM
To avoid scam ICO , should be check all social links and ico ranking sites  and also should check their smart contract on github and should check in ehterscan is this verified or not and also check bitcointalk thread .
check the progress update in github could be analize how far the projects developeted and how serious developers team build the project.and i think you advice pretty good to do.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
January 16, 2019, 09:15:51 AM
the way that we can avoid a scam project is by conducting a good analysis of all matters relating to the ICO Project. some supporting documents, teams and advisors are the main things to analyze
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
January 16, 2019, 09:11:40 AM
Apparently, ICO investors continue to fall prey to innumerable ICO scam. The effect of this is very devastating on investors perception of crypto-project ICOs.
While it appears there is no apparent solution to address the current scam associated with ICO in the crypto space. I propose that we help each other in finding out the best ways to identify and separate genuine ICO from fake ones....
Share your view and help a friend from falling prey to ICO scam. Let help build a healthy crypto environment. Fight the scam now.

The more you read and research about the project, the more you will know its authenticity. There are many factors to check if a project is legit or a scam. So, if you want to avoid being scammed, know as much as possible about the project. Checking its feasibility through their website or whitepaper, the people running it and their credibility, the community supporting it and their means of supporting investors will give you an idea if it is a scam.
Activity: 1382
Merit: 105
January 16, 2019, 09:06:01 AM
To avoid scam ICO , should be check all social links and ico ranking sites  and also should check their smart contract on github and should check in ehterscan is this verified or not and also check bitcointalk thread .
Activity: 434
Merit: 1
January 16, 2019, 07:40:54 AM
In order to minimize interactions with fraudulent ICOs, a detailed analysis is necessary!
Activity: 335
Merit: 10
January 16, 2019, 04:00:02 AM
This problem can be said to be very simple or very difficult. When you give up ICO's investment, the problem becomes simple. But if you continue to choose to invest in ICO, this is very complicated because the IQ of the scammer is usually higher than the average person.
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
January 16, 2019, 03:53:02 AM
In my opinion you can totally avoid participating in scam ICO by not joining anymore in any ICOs. I think this is the only and the best answer not to experience fake/scam ICO. Very risky and serious decision to be made. The minimal damage is more acceptable than collateral damage.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
January 16, 2019, 03:43:17 AM
share about ICO scam into a nice thing to do. but still, there must be a clear basis for this and with a definite deepening as well so that the results can be right. When can give good information like this is certainly at least will be able to reduce the scam is hard to know or sometimes helps a lot of people who have difficulty in choosing.
10c
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
January 15, 2019, 04:45:36 PM
Looking for ICO with working product can save lots of time instead of checking whitepaper line by line. Investors are not stupid people with big pockets and it is not easy as in old days to scam others. There are tools for measuring the rate of ICOs before investing like ICO comparison sites.
Now there are practically no new projects that already have a working product. as a rule now all  projects are empty
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
January 15, 2019, 04:26:39 PM
Looking for ICO with working product can save lots of time instead of checking whitepaper line by line. Investors are not stupid people with big pockets and it is not easy as in old days to scam others. There are tools for measuring the rate of ICOs before investing like ICO comparison sites.
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
January 15, 2019, 04:13:24 PM
The basic things one need to do is to check the antecedent of the team behind the project you want to invest in.This will help you to know the profession they are into before managing the project. The question is,does the purpose of the project tally with their profession?The reason is,one can only give out what he has or what is in him.We have seen some project managers raised $15 million,but they failed to deliver a working product that will attract investors.
You should also check the white paper and as well observe how they respond to constructive questions on their various social media outfit,you will have the overview of their capacity.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 292
www.cd3d.app
January 15, 2019, 04:00:19 PM
Invest a lot of time in researching these projects and trying to understand if all of them are legit. It is not so easy, but after several researches, you would be able to detect a scam ICO every time simply by reading its whitepaper.

Only a constant analysis of many projects will help you hone your skills to the maximum, this is one of the key skills that will help you when choosing the next project.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
January 15, 2019, 03:59:11 PM
To be save from scam I recommend the following few steps,
 1.check the project history, go through the white paper.
Take note of the pre-handled projects, how successful are they.
2. Take note of the team. How successful they have been and which project have they handled.
3. Check their prospectus how valid it is.
Activity: 798
Merit: 14
January 15, 2019, 03:49:21 PM
It's really hard to tell which is scam at the onset of ICOs although some are so glaring one can easily spot it. I would suggest people stop investing in ideas on written down in a whitepaper. At least a viable project should have an MVP, a real office with known team members should they decide to go rogue, they can easily be caught by the government.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
January 15, 2019, 03:45:36 PM
Apparently, ICO investors continue to fall prey to innumerable ICO scam. The effect of this is very devastating on investors perception of crypto-project ICOs.
While it appears there is no apparent solution to address the current scam associated with ICO in the crypto space. I propose that we help each other in finding out the best ways to identify and separate genuine ICO from fake ones....
Share your view and help a friend from falling prey to ICO scam. Let help build a healthy crypto environment. Fight the scam now.

Nowadays, its too hard to say if the ico is legit or not. Because in my experience even they most often gave a good updates to their community in most ico on which I had encountered was ended up still into bad result if it is not paused ico project, there will an extension something like that. Which will only frustration to anyone whether investors or bounty participants.  
Activity: 910
Merit: 505
January 15, 2019, 03:27:31 PM
There are two types of scams, before and after .after is the most less expected.during ico, before investing make sure to check team members details and do some research about team background and you can also check its ANN post regularly to keep an eye on project activity.and in order to avoid after scam i.e scam after few months after ico,you can only trust on your research and try to invest in project which has famous person or known person as team or advisor.
Pages:
Jump to: