Pages:
Author

Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children - page 93. (Read 118019 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Why do we have to explain bitcoin to children? Does anyone explain to you the fundamentals of money when you were a child? All they need to know and only concern is how to spend it. That is the only thing you need to teach them. If they mature and wanted to learn the fundamentals of bitcoin, they'll learn it on their own.

This is actually a pretty good point. Unless there is a good reason, you really don't have to lol
Activity: 33
I've found that even after explaining at a simple level, many people still tend to not take it seriously.  They look at it as some online monopoly money.  Yet, they all know and value systems like Paypal.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
Why do we have to explain bitcoin to children? Does anyone explain to you the fundamentals of money when you were a child? All they need to know and only concern is how to spend it. That is the only thing you need to teach them. If they mature and wanted to learn the fundamentals of bitcoin, they'll learn it on their own.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Explaining to teenagers isn't hard at all, a large number of current BTC users are within that range as teenagers are mostly well versed in technology and willing to accept the risky nature of investing in bitcoin, explaining bitcoin to one of them isn't hard. However a child is very different, even the principles of cash aren't apparent enough to them, let alone something like bitcoins.
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
For children's bit difficult to explain and there is no need to explain about bitcoin let them enjoy their childhood it's the precious time in human life. And serious note teenager has to understand value of bitcoin explaining to them based on their interest show them how to earn bitcoin by giving services based on their skill set
For children it is difficult to make them understand the term bitcoin then teenagers. but it does not mean children don’t have any concern with it. Now a day parents use to buy things according to the choice of their children and it will be easy for them to use it in future.

We can help the links and informing them now to use and hold bitcoin safely children can use it to buy games and video games etc in this way they will learn how to use bitcoin and they will get to know how easy it is.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
You need to teach them while you are working on Bitcoin, first of all, just explain the benefit using online system payment. Tell them bitcoin is the most popular nowadays, explain everything bit by bit over a long period of time so that it becomes easier for them to take in their brain. Ask them out to buy something using bitcoin payment, that will encourage them make, earn, and learn bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
Don't explain, give and let them find out by themselves. People were doing similar projects in the past.
You giveaway a certain amount of Bitcoins to strangers in the street. If they want to claim they have to install a wallet and add a private key by themselves. It will require them to do some research, but the effort will be rewarded.

Wow.. This "people" surely have a lot of time to waste. You don't just ask people around to install this and that and most of them probably have something better to do. Unless you live in a place where everyone's broke but have smartphones, then this is a bad idea. Approaching strangers and asking them to do something is always a bad idea. Since we're in the digital world, they would think that you're scamming them or taking something from them or you're putting virus on their phone simply because everyone questions those that give something to people out of the blue.

I think it's probably only going to work in a first world country where a good percentage of people are open minded and actually have heard about bitcoin but simply don't use it.

Yes it was being done in first world countries. Several projects in NA and some in the EU.
This one is a good example, a treasure hunt in San Francisco.
https://99bitcoins.com/sf-hidden-bitcoin-san-francisco/

I wasn't thinking about third world countries. We want to make young people try it out and making such a treasure hunt is not very expensive for long time bitcoiners and can do wonders in terms of advertising.
legendary
Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000
Don't explain, give and let them find out by themselves. People were doing similar projects in the past.
You giveaway a certain amount of Bitcoins to strangers in the street. If they want to claim they have to install a wallet and add a private key by themselves. It will require them to do some research, but the effort will be rewarded.
Just give them a hint. If they are interested they will make a way and earn it by themselves. It is a lost of time if we encourage them or we push them even though they are not interested anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

Wow.. This "people" surely have a lot of time to waste. You don't just ask people around to install this and that and most of them probably have something better to do. Unless you live in a place where everyone's broke but have smartphones, then this is a bad idea. Approaching strangers and asking them to do something is always a bad idea. Since we're in the digital world, they would think that you're scamming them or taking something from them or you're putting virus on their phone simply because everyone questions those that give something to people out of the blue.

I think it's probably only going to work in a first world country where a good percentage of people are open minded and actually have heard about bitcoin but simply don't use it.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
Activity: 36
I think the best way to teach something like bitcoin to a less-experienced person is to try to tie it back to things that they know.

Hash ~= fingerprint
Digital signature ~= signature on paper
Blockchain ~= Whiteboard with no eraser

Things like that make it a little easier to grasp as a whole
Activity: 549
Merit: 500
Maybe if we explain about what bitcoin, teens will be difficult to understand? The way I explain it is to get them to work on bitcoin pay and after that they will understand about bitcoin  Smiley
Activity: 713
Merit: 501
Well in schools can open a subject about digital money or internet computation whatever you may call it, to explain the advances of tecnology in this matter.

In some prestigious school, especially in the school of arts and sciences, there's a lot of seminars about the internet and cryptocurrencies is one of the seminar there (I know because my friend told me). Well if only all the schools can afford to have a seminar on the trending and new technology then we wouldnt be behind on whats happening to us. School is one of the most trusted by society when in terms to education so i think they won't laugh at btc and might even have an interest on it.

Your school doesn't have to be prestige in order to have such seminars. After all, a seminar only needs a speaker and maybe a projector for presentation. I don't really know why people associate bitcoins and other computer stuffs to rich people when in fact everyone can learn it and we can all use it. Anyway, you can start changing your situation by being the change yourself. The next time your school has some "computer fair" or some other activities where someone can speak, then be the speaker and talk about cryptocurrencies. We can't really blame people for not having to notice cryptocurrencies because everyone's pre-occupied about something.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
Hard To explain Easy to complain , Teenagers nowadays .. You need patience to explain With Them because Of what they think now . explain what's good on using Bitcoin .

I thinking explaining it with examples will be good. Make it simple and clean like how you will explain of usd to your children. Its same as any money what you need is a way to get your information transferred to the next generation.
I agree with you if they like they will hear the words you say. However, to persuade them you need perseverance and talent to persuade them to listen to you

yah, it is not hard to explain to teenagers unless you have a plenty knowledge about bitcoin. Here in philippines, this kind of activity is too interesting to us so it's easier for me to explain them how does it works because in the first place they are interested in earning bitcoin. Some of teenagers need some money for entertainments and other miscellaneous in school because we want to be independent on earning money. I dont like to ask always for money to my parents because especially high amounts of money.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
i have many experience inexplaining bitcoin to teenagers since im a teenager too. Its not hard to explain to them because we have the same level of knowledge. First i always explain what's the meaning of bitcoin and how did it start. Then, i always say that there are different types of gaining bitcoin is through mining. mining consume a lot of electricity and a need a high specs computer. Therefore, i dont recommend mining to them because we can't have a computer with a high specs in our age. Next one is faucets, previously i always recommend using faucets like clicking captchas and ads but it is hard to earn bitcoin. It consumes 5-6 hrs of your time and yet the btc you earn is small. Faucets always give a small amount of satoshi, 100,000,000 satoshi is equal to btc then how come we can earn high satoshis in a faucet. Third, the investment but we have no money at all to invest so disregard that. the last one i recommend is to join campaign like this because we have a friend that can earn many btc in just 1 week so we are motivated to rank up in this forum.
Activity: 116
Merit: 101
I don't think it's difficult to explain to teenagers.
It's hard to explain to the elders, the first thing they think the cryptocurrency is a scam.  Sad
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
The new generations are practically born with the ability to scroll and swipe on devices, I think they are more likely to catch on to the concept of blockchain technology and the greatness of Bitcoin than us.  They might teach us a thing or two.   

The new generation thanks to modern technologies has the ability to develop faster in terms of additional earnings and they can even teach us something. They very early begin to navigate the Internet space and they are easier to perceive all this information.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
I dont think its hard to explain BTC to teenagers.
Of course you shouldnt start explaining how signing a message and generating Blocks with Hash Functions work.
But the general Structure of Bitcoin is not that hard to explain.
Its probably even easier than explaining BTC to older generations who don't even know how a PC really works.

Blockchain as a big Ledger -> Transactions containing Input/Output -> BTC's created as "digitally signed Coins"

The most of it is pretty simple.

Activity: 994
Merit: 544
Well in schools can open a subject about digital money or internet computation whatever you may call it, to explain the advances of tecnology in this matter.

In some prestigious school, especially in the school of arts and sciences, there's a lot of seminars about the internet and cryptocurrencies is one of the seminar there (I know because my friend told me). Well if only all the schools can afford to have a seminar on the trending and new technology then we wouldnt be behind on whats happening to us. School is one of the most trusted by society when in terms to education so i think they won't laugh at btc and might even have an interest on it.

Really?  Wow that is cool.  School is thre foundation of everyone's knowledge.  So if the school would discuss about current trends and what is happening now about technology then maybe everyone will know about bitcoin.  I think it is relevant right now to discuss bitcoin because it is a breakthrough in technology, programs, and financial aspect.
Activity: 648
Merit: 502

Pages:
Jump to: