Pages:
Author

Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children - page 90. (Read 118019 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
It is not easy to introduce bitcoin in adolescent children because they only need a definite proof of bitcoin if the bitcoin can be made real money, But most of their mindset can not think wider because they just want instant certainty without having to understand it first.

The thing is: is it necessary for the people to understand how bitcoin and the blockchain works? If this is the case, then bitcoin is doomed. You cant expect mass adoption if the tech needs to be understood.

The internet. Almost everybody uses it. But does everybody understand how the insides of the internet and the world wide web works? Definitely only a very small minority does understand it. My point is, bitcoin needs to be simple as possible for us to achieve mass adoption. And we are slowly attaining this due to newbie-friendly apps like Xapo, Copay, bitpay, purse.io, and the like.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
Nothing is hard in this kids in this worlds current generation they all have good minds and understanding and they can easily fall and focus on to something if they can benefit into it,its not hard for them to learn what we are doing
Activity: 713
Merit: 501
Simply tell them that bitcoin is money. Bitcoin functions just like any other money out there. Bitcoin wallet acts just like a wallet. A bitcoin address tells its use by its own name. It's not that hard to understand bitcoin until you start touching technical stuffs. Kids don't have to understand that at all. They just have to know basic stuffs like no one knows who you are and where you are when you used bitcoin for payment. There will be no details about whereabouts/whatabouts and he can change his identity whenever he wants.

You can also get to teach him about the network of bitcoin which is decentralized. You can tell him that people from different places are supporting the network of bitcoins. There's no huge network and then people just connect to it. Bitcoin has no "heart" when it comes to the network. It might have a "heart" but it will be multiple just like the nodes. And when you try to take them down, there will be new people supporting bitcoin's network again. For kids: bitcoin is like a monster that have multiple hearts and when you destroy one heart, it will just regenerate like nothing happened.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
Well, For me the first thing that I would tell them is they have to make a bitcoin wallet first so that their bitcoin would store their. Then  I would tell them next what is bitcoin, where to use it, what is it's purpose, how to use it, and so on. Then I would guide them in earning bitcoin, like on how to join in signature campaign in this forum and other earnings, even microearning in bitcoin faucets.
That could be the first one. Tell them what they need to do first so that they can know how does bitcoin works. Then tell them different aspect of bitcoin so that they can be aware on it. And lastly tell them that they can earn money on it. They can help their family and also they can buy all the things that they needed too.
Activity: 546
Merit: 101
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Explain in general what's bictoin and like a what's bitcoin, tell it without having to directly detail how to get it, hunting, mining and so on. Simple first, let they knowing it more detail once their curiosity increases and try to asking again about that.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252

I believe that in order for teenagers or children to learn bitcoin, you must let them see the bitcoin even its environment with some basic explanations like what is bitcoin, how or what do we do in bitcoin, what are the benefits we get by spending time on bitcoin. Then give some examples, then let them explore let them experience it. Because me, I learn through experience that is why for me "EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER".
Its really hard for me to understand all when someone explains me about something but when I got some experience about it, I fully understand it.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
I believe that it is too early for children to explain such difficult earnings opportunities, and it will be more interesting for teenagers and modern youth itself can more quickly understand this issue.
yes that is really too early to learn about how make money from bitcoin, because most of the people still earning money from bitcoin and not using it for shopping as currency therefore children still do not need to learn about bitcoin but when people start using it as currency then they should start learning about bitcoin.
Yes I agree this really will be too early to learn about. In my opinion there is a specific age limit when you need to step into practical life and struggle to earn money before this time if someone wants to teach a kid to how to earn I think the concerned person will be snatching the childhood from the kids, which is not really appreciated at least by me.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I believe that it is too early for children to explain such difficult earnings opportunities, and it will be more interesting for teenagers and modern youth itself can more quickly understand this issue.
yes that is really too early to learn about how make money from bitcoin, because most of the people still earning money from bitcoin and not using it for shopping as currency therefore children still do not need to learn about bitcoin but when people start using it as currency then they should start learning about bitcoin.
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
Why should explain to children? It's enough just to say that this is one kind of money. And teen sit on the Internet more than adults, so if they want to know, Google will be the first who they will ask.

Because bitcoin is something that even a layman can earn. I'm just about to graduate college and looking back, there's shit ton of things that the teachers taught us but we never get to actually use in real life. One famous example is algebra and trigonometric stuffs. Never in my life have I used even the simple (a-b) * (a+b) = a^2 - b^2, and I'm pretty sure that I'll never use them at all.

Those are just trivial stuffs. To actually have all those trigonometry stuffs make money for you, you'd have to acquire high level skill like engineering wherein precise measures are needed. Bitcoin, on the other hand, doesn't require those complicated stuffs. You can literally make bitcoins just from luck. You can invest randomly in trading and then be lucky that the price of that coin has increased.

Kids have to learn about bitcoins not because they are going to use it on their career but rather it's an alternative way of making money. Others use it as a Plan B in case their day job goes South but end up going all-in on bitcoins because it pays more and consumes less time.
Activity: 648
Merit: 502
Well in schools can open a subject about digital money or internet computation whatever you may call it, to explain the advances of tecnology in this matter.

In some prestigious school, especially in the school of arts and sciences, there's a lot of seminars about the internet and cryptocurrencies is one of the seminar there (I know because my friend told me). Well if only all the schools can afford to have a seminar on the trending and new technology then we wouldnt be behind on whats happening to us. School is one of the most trusted by society when in terms to education so i think they won't laugh at btc and might even have an interest on it.

Really?  Wow that is cool.  School is thre foundation of everyone's knowledge.  So if the school would discuss about current trends and what is happening now about technology then maybe everyone will know about bitcoin.  I think it is relevant right now to discuss bitcoin because it is a breakthrough in technology, programs, and financial aspect.

Yup he's studying multimedia arts there and he told me about BTC about 4 years ago but we're not really that serious in BTC that time. But he did told me that it might be the future of cryptocurrencies. Seminars like this help the young minds to have the decision for itself when the seminar is done. Another things is that school is one of the basis of knowledge so there will be a big percentage that in 100 students that have attended the seminar almost 70% of the students believe about Bitcoin because it came from the school itself and they won't have that negativity thoughts about it unlike when a random stranger just talk to you about cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 952
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
actually it is not easy to teach some children about bitcoins, you know that you cannot put all the details about bitcoins in their faces because you know they are actually so young, but we can teach them how the bitcoin works just simply how it works first. how to save money how to hoard some money for their future of course that's it.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 264
It is not easy to introduce bitcoin in adolescent children because they only need a definite proof of bitcoin if the bitcoin can be made real money, But most of their mindset can not think wider because they just want instant certainty without having to understand it first.
Activity: 294
Merit: 102
Just ex
The best way to explain it is as using a 'game currency' reference but tie it to the value and possibility that Gold has. Tell them its the same concept but with greater potential as its intentions are to be the world's next banking system rather than the best online game currency.
It´s a good way but they should be aware of the important of it and to know very well that is money even they dont see it has a value.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
LuckyToken – Join ICO!!!
Why should explain to children? It's enough just to say that this is one kind of money. And teen sit on the Internet more than adults, so if they want to know, Google will be the first who they will ask.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
The best way to explain it is as using a 'game currency' reference but tie it to the value and possibility that Gold has. Tell them its the same concept but with greater potential as its intentions are to be the world's next banking system rather than the best online game currency.
copper member
Activity: 672
Merit: 270
If I were to explain that to children or a teenager, Bitcoin is digital currency I would say that it is a crypto currency. One should have a Bitcoin wallet for them to keep their Bitcoins. Bitcoins are like online money with a different conversion, but the conversion is like a dollar to different currency. This means, it is a cash but a virtual one. The exchange is online and you can convert it to cash when you use a proper site and establishment. However, it will be different case in denomination or value as it is converted. I will also tell that they can earn by either joining a free site or investing it to grow.
If i will teach them the first thing that i will say to them is they can have many money the can buy the foods for their family and they can buy all thing things that they want in that case they will now be interested in bitcoin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
If I were to explain that to children or a teenager, Bitcoin is digital currency I would say that it is a crypto currency. One should have a Bitcoin wallet for them to keep their Bitcoins. Bitcoins are like online money with a different conversion, but the conversion is like a dollar to different currency. This means, it is a cash but a virtual one. The exchange is online and you can convert it to cash when you use a proper site and establishment. However, it will be different case in denomination or value as it is converted. I will also tell that they can earn by either joining a free site or investing it to grow.
legendary
Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000
I think it not a good idea to explain bitcoins on children because it is to early and their mind may not still understand what is bitcoin but in a teenager you can explain it by making them to read some article about it or what is bitcoin and also explain the basics of bitcoin like the types of wallet so they know how to store bitcoin safely if they interested in earning bitcoins.
I think youre wrong. Teaching them how to earn now is good, because at the young age they will be easily know how to earn money on by themselved and they will know how to manage time and money. Just tell them that this could be good for their future and might help them for their future too.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
In the period of youth is the stage of research and learn everything. I don't think that this is too difficult for them, of course is not to teach the young children.Compared to the older ones, they receptive much more.You just need to explain some of the information needed, make them enjoy with them. This is quite easy to, when there is a profit they would be interested in them now.

I wish I knew bitcoin before.  You are really correct when you say that being youth was the time of adventure and curiosity.  And all were easy to answer thanks to our technology.  They will be interested more if they know that they csn earn through this.  They will also enjoy it if they will visibly see what are yhe benefits of earning bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: