Pages:
Author

Topic: How to find a promising ICO? - page 6. (Read 839 times)

Activity: 235
Merit: 10
March 21, 2018, 11:49:15 AM
There are several things you must look at. First of all, read the whitepaper, take a look at the developers team, try to find them on Linked In or Rocketreach. Secondly, check if their coin is listed on some exchange. Also look the description and ratings of a project on icobench and icostats.
Activity: 868
Merit: 100
March 21, 2018, 11:37:59 AM
Well lot of ICO are released everyday and this is very important we understand what they are envisioning and what is their goal. In many cases they come out with lot of Hype and Marketing however once they are over 40% into their sale target things either slow down or start to fall off the bat. So it is very important we do our due diligence before investing our hard earned money.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
March 21, 2018, 11:19:46 AM
I'd suggest looking for website that give reviews and scores about those ICOs. Keep in mind tho that most youtubers promote ICOs because they are being paid to do that, so pay attention.
Activity: 364
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
March 21, 2018, 11:18:05 AM
How to find a promising ICO?

You need to go to many search sources, different tables, different ICO sites, and self assess the main criteria such as: The level of popularity, the team and the idea of the project
Activity: 350
Merit: 36
March 21, 2018, 11:16:00 AM
i prefer to evaluate them on some form of the following. Note to newbies: also always be careful to follow instructions clearly, including whether they accept btc or just eth, and not to send eth/btc from an exchange etc.

Hype:
twitter users
reddit posts
telegram members
discord members
responsiveness/truthfulness of moderators in these channels

Fundamentals:   
Availability of MVP
Team strength (number of experts in the field; linkedin profiles)   
Whitepaper originality/technicality/clarity   
Independent reviews   
Partnerships with corporates/academia   
Use-case strength   
Clarity of roadmap

Others:   
Existing Competition (other coins in the same space? how established are they)   
Regulation Risk (does it have security characteristics?)   
Hardcap (is it asking for too much money for its use case?)
Share of tokens distributed (are the founders/team keeping too much for themselves, escrow?)
Activity: 630
March 21, 2018, 11:15:26 AM
I would have said all over the internet,  but we all know the giant in that space are becoming hostile to cryptocurrency. I think primarily, your  sure place to find community that support legit ICO is BTT. And based on popularity of a project,  you can do your research  to find quality ICO!
Activity: 59
March 21, 2018, 11:12:53 AM
Use the ranking websites, but do not rely on them to much.

1) Look at their website, how professional does it look like ?
2) Read the white-paper, and actually try to understand what are they doing and what's their goals.
3) Check out the team, see who they are and what they do
4) research the industry they work in
5) Forums !!! but don't rely too much as well

Always read people's opinions and don't forget to make your own at the end
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
March 21, 2018, 11:00:51 AM
This is kind of common question lot of people ask. The answer to the question as per my understanding is, "you cannot". The only thing you can do is find an ICO which we can expect to be successful in future. There are some ICOs, which looked very promising, but yet failed. Anyway, you can look into their scope, team, documentation, board of advisers, ICO value and the technology they are going to use. One important thing above all is their popularity in the community because a project can have all these fancy things but if it is not popular, the chance of it to be successful goes down.
Activity: 269
Merit: 12
we're Radio, online!
March 21, 2018, 10:55:59 AM
you can search on topicolist.com on the latest ico, and the  you can manually search and check the listed ico which one is the most promising of them all, basically you need to search and investigate by your own so that you can assure to your self thatyour investing on the right ico and avoid blaming anyone when the time comes.
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
March 21, 2018, 10:55:36 AM
Search for them through reputable ICO review sites. read the information about that ICO. read the white paper. roadmap. And see if the ICO has a real product or not. It is important to see if there is a large community when joining the ICO or not.
Activity: 132
March 21, 2018, 10:50:25 AM

Follow these rules:-

1.reads whitepaper

2.Do you own research

3. join bounty campaigns
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
March 21, 2018, 10:42:05 AM
I think you need read whitepapers if its possible yep its not so easy but if you choose any from many then anyway read whipaper think youself if is it possible what they say.
Activity: 48
March 21, 2018, 10:39:40 AM

just have to ask the guys who know are ICO, I can tell you a couple of options friendly to give: 1) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bounty-mcflyaero-2353360 2)https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2869607.0
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
March 21, 2018, 10:23:04 AM
For you to find a promising ICO, find the reviews of other people regarding the ICO you are choosing. Find the feedbacks so that you'll have an idea whether the ICO is good or not. Do not forget to study their whitepaper and check every details of their ICO if it is legit or not.
Activity: 4
March 21, 2018, 10:09:37 AM
I used to check the ratings in the Spreadsheet of ICO Analytics: https://t.me/ico_analytic
But definitely you should do your own research before making any contribution.
Activity: 294
Merit: 36
March 21, 2018, 07:27:29 AM
Icobench is a great website to find ICOs, but they are often listed after the preliminary funding rounds have begun, meaning you miss out on the best bonus/discounts. The absolute best way is to manually keep checking the latest announcement threads, read through the whitepapers and identify whether the ICO has as much potential as they claim. Take a look at the team behind it, and examine their roadmap. If it is feasible, and the team and plan look strong, then it's likely to succeed.

Good website mate, promoting aside, I also use that as one of my basis for selecting good ICOs. Although I don't totally base it there, but it gives you a good background and indicator of how the community sees the ICO and the possibilities that could happen to it based on some opinions from seasoned users; however, I still have my own criteria in selecting the better ICOs. First off, I check the concept and the product, if its new and or an improvement from its predecessors, then I really would give it a thought because people tend to support and gravitate more on those new ideas compared to the old ones.
Activity: 148
March 21, 2018, 07:26:23 AM
First, you need to study all the documents, the biography of the team members, read the reviews of experts and so on. I can say from my own experience that you should not trust the majority of rating sites, there are very many who give high ratings by taking money.
In finding a promising ICO you need to research in a bounty campaign. They have many promising ICO that are good and they are also scam. Read their whitepaper and search what project their doing. Joining on their telegram they have many link there about their ICO and also you can ask question about their ICO.
Activity: 182
Merit: 22
March 21, 2018, 07:20:11 AM
The answer to this question is highly relative to the interest of the researcher as well as the usability at the location where the ICO is to be implemented at. Nevertheless, there are general key indicators that a lot of people look at to help in analysing whether an ICO has a good potential or not. Some of these are as follows:

Community interaction - how big is the community it aims to cater, and how receptive the community are to the project.
Soft/Hardcap and how realistic is their financial plan.
Existence or absence of a minimum viable product or prototype.
Cost of token during presale and main crowdsale
Credibility of the founding team
Activity: 224
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
March 21, 2018, 07:14:44 AM

From my experience, the first thing that I would see is their ICO rating.
You can check it on this site: 1) https://icobench.com/ 2) https://icoguide.com/en 3) https://cryptodiffer.com/
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
March 21, 2018, 07:08:39 AM

In order to find a promising ICO’s and new projects to invest in, you must join bounty campaigns here on forum, read blogs, join telegram groups that sort ICO’s for investing.

Then, once you know which and how many ICO’s are launching recently, do research about them by reading their whitepaper, joining telegram group of ICO, checking team background, check their partnerships, etc and then choose among them. By doing all these checking, one can detect a good ICO to invest in.
Pages:
Jump to: