Pages:
Author

Topic: How to get Bitcoin Cash from many wallet/software/services with Coinomi - page 5. (Read 21574 times)

legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
I am using Electrum wallet with 2FA. i tried to sweep the private key with Coinomi and come up with nothing. the address starts with 3xxxxxxxxxx. is this the reason that Coinomi doesn't work? anyone has the same problem. please someone can advise.

I get the BCC from Blockchain.info using BTC.com BCC wallet, people from blockchain.info can use the to claim BCC and dont need to find their private key.
Bad news is only support blockchain.info or mycelium.
"https://blog.btc.com/how-to-recover-your-trapped-bitcoin-cash-from-other-wallets-24b929543f26"

I used that very process with BTC.com, and imported my 12 words seed from my blockchain.info wallet, and after I input the 12-word seed, and clicked on next, I received a dialogue box that said, "searching for positive balance, this could take a few minutes" and then soon thereafter I received another dialogue box that said  "no positive balance found."
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
I am using Electrum wallet with 2FA. i tried to sweep the private key with Coinomi and come up with nothing. the address starts with 3xxxxxxxxxx. is this the reason that Coinomi doesn't work? anyone has the same problem. please someone can advise.

I get the BCC from Blockchain.info using BTC.com BCC wallet, people from blockchain.info can use the to claim BCC and dont need to find their private key.
Bad news is only support blockchain.info or mycelium.
"https://blog.btc.com/how-to-recover-your-trapped-bitcoin-cash-from-other-wallets-24b929543f26"
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Tip for Mycelium users or anyone that needs to use the Bip39 standalone tool

- Mycelium
1) Download and execute this: https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39/blob/master/bip39-standalone.html (Right click and Save as...)
2) On "BIP39 Mnemonic" space you have to insert the seed of your wallet, the 12 words.
3) You will get the list of your addresses and their private keys.
4) By going with the cursor on a private key, the page will show the qrcode. Sweep it with Coinomi

Within the mycelium app and many other wallets there is a way to see your unspent outputs.
Within mycelium this is under the accounts > ... >show unspent outputs.

When you bring up the derived addresses in the bip39 page.  Get it to show many addresses (I did 500).  Then search the page for the public keys from the unspent output list and only sweep the private keys related to that.  That way you don't have to sweep every key to find out if there is a balance.

This saves considerable amount of time.  For some reason I had few that didn't show up even with 500 keys.  Not sure why.
Activity: 4
Great information. Very helpful.

I am hoping you can help some more  Wink

I am trying to import from Multibit classic.  I have exported the private key but when I try to sweep it in Coinomi I get the following error.  What are my options?

"The transaction is bigger than what the network allows, try sending a different amount"
I suspect this is due to this wallet having lots of transacitons (was used for mining).  My other multibit classic wallets imported fine.

Thanks,
NJ

legendary
Flat e do you know any bch wallet for iphone wich can import a private key from a paperwallet?
No, don't know a thing about ios, seems breadwallet is working on a bch wallet for ios. Coinomi, for android, does a good job sweeping paper wallets.

Can you use Coinomi for inputting 12 word seed from blockchain.info backup of wallet?
Activity: 50
ok i have solved my problem
it was a question of private key format
the private key extract from blockchain.info is a compressed key format
i have use bitaddress.org to convert in "standard" private key format
then import it in electroncash !
and its works ! i have claim my bcc ! Smiley
good luck !

Hello Guy !
I need some help ! )
I have a BTC adress with BTC inside BEFORE the fork
I have moved my BTC AFTER the fork to another adress
Now i try to claim my BCC from my original adress
I have test adress  to Blockdozer : they contain BCC
I have created a BCC wallet with Coinomi android app
but when i try to sweeped my adress with my private key , invariablely they say : no fund on this adress

I don t know what i need to try  !

Thanks to take time for me !

Edouard23

How many addresses' private keys have you tried, I found coins at several addresses down the row. And some addresses are never found even if I load 500 of them with the option below the addresses/priv.key lines.
Do not use sites like these, there's plenty warnings going on using that site, even offline pages doing this should be used with small amounts first, and maybe even only small mounts at all.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Thank you for this tutorial. This would be very helpful I admit I still having a hardtime understanding this process.
Activity: 6
ok i have solved my problem
it was a question of private key format
the private key extract from blockchain.info is a compressed key format
i have use bitaddress.org to convert in "standard" private key format
then import it in electroncash !
and its works ! i have claim my bcc ! Smiley
good luck !

Hello Guy !
I need some help ! )
I have a BTC adress with BTC inside BEFORE the fork
I have moved my BTC AFTER the fork to another adress
Now i try to claim my BCC from my original adress
I have test adress  to Blockdozer : they contain BCC
I have created a BCC wallet with Coinomi android app
but when i try to sweeped my adress with my private key , invariablely they say : no fund on this adress

I don t know what i need to try  !

Thanks to take time for me !

Edouard23

How many addresses' private keys have you tried, I found coins at several addresses down the row. And some addresses are never found even if I load 500 of them with the option below the addresses/priv.key lines.
Activity: 53
I'm using openssl win32. I type command then it asks for encryption password . Doesn't seem to enter any text after this. Hit enter and get bad decrypt :crypto\evp\evp_enc.c.:535:

I have sent my wallet backup through WiFi direct from phone to laptop .

Any ideas anyone
Activity: 53
legendary
Electroncash worked perfect for me, the only wallet that found my "missing" address that the stand-alone priv. key retriever never produced, even if I loaded 1000 addresses. So move your btc elsewhere and:
In electroncash: file-new/restore, pick a name-next, standard wallet-next, "I already have a seed"-next, enter seed words- under option check bip39, next etc.

O.k.  Maybe I will try this.

Remember I have 57 address in total and 24 addresses that have bitcoins on them (actually 25 now), and I will move all of the BTC from each of the 25 addresses (possibly to my ledger nano s), then after I am completely comfortable that the ledger nano s is showing all the bitcoins (maybe 6-10 confirmations), then I will create the electron cash wallet and enter in my blockchain.info wallet 12 word seed into that BCH wallet, and see if the BCH show up on there. 

That might be the easiest and quickest solution to attempt to access these mysterious BCH, and likely safe (to see the BCH that should be present on 23 of those addresses - 23 of the addresses had bitcoin on them on august 1 at the time of the forkening). 

I am juggling a few things, and I will report back once I do this.. might take me a day or so (unless I change my mind in the chickening out process... hahahahaha).
Electroncash worked perfect for me, the only wallet that found my "missing" address that the stand-alone priv. key retriever never produced, even if I loaded 1000 addresses. So move your btc elsewhere and:
In electroncash: file-new/restore, pick a name-next, standard wallet-next, "I already have a seed"-next, enter seed words- under option check bip39, next etc.
legendary
Flat e do you know any bch wallet for iphone wich can import a private key from a paperwallet?
No, don't know a thing about ios, seems breadwallet is working on a bch wallet for ios. Coinomi, for windows, does a good job sweeping paper wallets.

Currently, I am attempting to use the breadwallet for IOS.

I had bought a ledger nano s, and I was going to use that to split my coins from my blockchain.info wallet, after reseeding the blockchain.info wallet to the ledger nano s.

For some reason the ledger nano s only showed 11 addresses out of my 57 blockchain.info addresses, so after I wrote to blockchain.info and ledger support, I was NOT able to resolve the issue. Ledger support did not even respond to my message.  Thus, I decided to try the breadwallet based on having had read the above post.

So, initially after I installed the breadwallet (version 0.6.9 which was just released yesterday) onto my iphone and input the 12 blockchain.info seed words, it is taking a real long time to sync.  It has been more than an hour, and it has only synced 55%  I am afraid to touch the Iphone during this process.. So I will see in another hour, perhaps, whether it shows all of my blockchain.info bitcoin addresses and whether I can split the coins from the bread wallet. 

Apparently, the new feature in today's release of the breadwallet was some kind of ability to split or to send BCH (still in the process of confirming)

Further, at the same time, I thought that the long sync times of the breadwallet could be helping me to troubleshoot the issue with the ledger nano s.  Therefore, I decided to erase my ledger nano s, and to attempt to sync it again.  I had been thinking that I might have done something to cut off the ledger nano s in the middle of the synchronization process and that could have been the reason why it only showed 11 out of 57 of my bitcoin addresses... O.k... as I was typing this message the ledger nano s completed syncing (a second time), and it did not show me any additional bitcoin addresses on the second attempt.  Whoo hoo, 60% synced on the breadwallet, now.

hmmm let me know if you succeed with breadwallet Smiley

Seems as if I am fucked with each thing that I try in which I am trying to save myself from exporting private keys into any of these possible BCH wallets (I wasn't considering coinomi because I don't have an android)

The bread wallet seems cool as hell, but it did not show my 57 BTC addresses from my reseeded blockchain.info wallet.

It took the breadwallet about 5 hours to sync in total, so I thought that I was going to be in luck, and I was getting excited to see all my 57 blockchain.info wallet addresses... but didn't happen.

So I am thinking that my next option is to get the Trezor, since the blockchain.info support rep said that he had used the trezor to gain access to his blockchain coins. maybe I should follow up with blockchain.info again? 

I am just trying to avoid exporting my private keys into one of those BCH wallets (and I am not sure how to do that, either - when we talk about private keys, are we talking about the 12 recovery words that blockchain.info is using or is there another way?  Of course, I would want to transfer my BTC out of those addresses first), but I might have to consider that as a possibility, if these other options are not getting me anywhere.  I have some difficulties believing that one of the BCH wallets is going to recognize all 57 bitcoin addresses, if I cannot get some of these more established wallets to recognize  - call me a skeptic. 

Maybe I am making this too complicated in my quest for easy options?   Cry Cry
No, don't know a thing about ios, seems breadwallet is working on a bch wallet for ios. Coinomi, for windows, does a good job sweeping paper wallets.

On the coinomi website i can only find an android version. Where do i find the windows version?
My bad, they are still working on it.... https://coinomi.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/29000009709-is-there-a-desktop-version-of-coinomi-
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

I had bought a ledger nano s, and I was going to use that to split my coins from my blockchain.info wallet, after reseeding the blockchain.info wallet to the ledger nano s.

For some reason the ledger nano s only showed 11 addresses out of my 57 blockchain.info addresses, so after I wrote to blockchain.info and ledger support, I was NOT able to resolve the issue. Ledger support did not even respond to my message.  Thus, I decided to try the breadwallet based on having had read the above post.

So, initially after I installed the breadwallet (version 0.6.9 which was just released yesterday) onto my iphone and input the 12 blockchain.info seed words, it is taking a real long time to sync.  It has been more than an hour, and it has only synced 55%  I am afraid to touch the Iphone during this process.. So I will see in another hour, perhaps, whether it shows all of my blockchain.info bitcoin addresses and whether I can split the coins from the bread wallet. 

Apparently, the new feature in today's release of the breadwallet was some kind of ability to split or to send BCH (still in the process of confirming)

Further, at the same time, I thought that the long sync times of the breadwallet could be helping me to troubleshoot the issue with the ledger nano s.  Therefore, I decided to erase my ledger nano s, and to attempt to sync it again.  I had been thinking that I might have done something to cut off the ledger nano s in the middle of the synchronization process and that could have been the reason why it only showed 11 out of 57 of my bitcoin addresses... O.k... as I was typing this message the ledger nano s completed syncing (a second time), and it did not show me any additional bitcoin addresses on the second attempt.  Whoo hoo, 60% synced on the breadwallet, now.

hmmm let me know if you succeed with breadwallet Smiley
Activity: 837
Sweep is not available on mobile app of electrum, I still download the portable version in windows in able to get the private key out from my wallet seed. But this thread is great, I'm having problem on what BCH wallet to used since there are many malicious wallet on the web, I never imagine that coinomi wallet will be helpful for claiming BCH. Thumbs up to OP.  Grin
legendary

Activity: 574

On the coinomi website i can only find an android version. Where do i find the windows version?
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
I've added a little update with on Bitcoin Wallet (Android)
No, don't know a thing about ios, seems breadwallet is working on a bch wallet for ios. Coinomi, for android, does a good job sweeping paper wallets.
Pages:
Jump to: