Pages:
Author

Topic: How to get Bitcoin Cash from many wallet/software/services with Coinomi - page 8. (Read 21574 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
did all step with my electrum address & follow adding step from coinomi medium that i should fill the derivation path with M/44H/0H/0H
and the result is "The private keys does not contain any funds" (of course i have no btc on my electrum now)

they got my private key now
i can't claim my BCH now?  Cry

On the addresses tab, expand Receiving, and then expand Used. The addresses under the Used tab will have some Tx number associated with it. Use those addresses to view the private key. I was having trouble with Coinomi and Electrum, but then I realized I was trying to sweep addresses that haven't been used.
Activity: 4
I have some bitcoin in blockchain wallet, I mean I transfer from  a wallet address to the wallet itself, So the addresses don't have bitcoin into in, where they have? because of that wehn I scan the code it not bitcoin there, so I can't transfer to coinmi
Activity: 50
You have to download it, right click -> Save as ...

Don't use other websites, they can take your money.
I did, it gives me a html page, the download a page full of html code.. Huh
Activity: 31
Have BCH in Coinomi, but it wont let me send them off it to my ledger.  Getting an error "Bch is currently unavailable"  Undecided

Any suggestions?
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
You have to download it, right click -> Save as ...

Don't use other websites, they can take your money.
Thanks, but I just get a page full of plain txt, is this page doing the same?

EDIT deleted link for security reasons...Though so far my BCH are still in their place of origin  Cheesy
Activity: 462
Merit: 254
I am not sure, what is the result of this. Can we gain BCH multiple times instead of one time? If yes, who will pay for this? Or will we gain BCH that are not claimed?
staff
Thanks @HostFat for the list, if you or anyone else was able to get BCH from the android "Simple Bitcoin Wallet" -which  only gives a 12 word seed-, to Coinomi, please let me know.
Activity: 15
Hi. I have my BTCs in a paper wallet. I use iOS and Mac OS X. How can I claim my BCCs?
staff
@standards
If you want to avoid to download all the blockchain again, just use Coinomi.

@ZeroWithEverything
No. No issues.

@nekochan05
You should follow that I've wrote a not something else.

@bitscointalker
You should follow that I've wrote a not something else.

Try to give a look here:
https://coinomi.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/29000013507-bitcoin-cash-claims-identify-your-case
Activity: 22
1) Install Coinomi on your phone (it must be v1.7.2.3 or upper)
2) Add a Bitcoin Cash wallet on it
3) Go to balance, and click the upper right 3 dots.
4) Select "Sweep wallet"
5) Be ready to do it with qrcodes

HostFat: thanks for your kind explanation but I still want to be sure before proceeding.
I've added the BCH wallet in Coinomi but I can read:
"Important Information
Learn how to collect your (free) BitcoinCash coins"
so when I tap into this field I go to a page where I'm told:
"A pop-up dialogue will appear, asking if BitcoinCash should be added. Hit the “ADVANCED SETTINGS” button. If you clicked “Add” instead you need to delete your BitcoinCash wallet and add a new one. In the “Derivation Path” please enter: M/44H/0H/0H - Please note that the characters before “H” are zeroes and not O’s. You will see a greyed path with the same characters. This is just a sample, do NOT assume the path is already typed, please click on the line and start typing the complete text M/44H/0H/0H manually."
Now, just to know, I don't have to care about this message as long as I'm importing a private key from a wallet created before 1st of august?
Thanks again for your precious help.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
did all step with my electrum address & follow adding step from coinomi medium that i should fill the derivation path with M/44H/0H/0H
and the result is "The private keys does not contain any funds" (of course i have no btc on my electrum now)

they got my private key now
i can't claim my BCH now?  Cry

Activity: 3
You have to transfer your Bitcoin on a new wallet, again a new wallet not on a new address of the same wallet.
1) Install Coinomi on your phone (it must be v1.7.2.3 or upper)

Would there be any issues with transferring the bitcoins to a new Coinami wallet (from blockchain.info) before sweeping BCH with Conami?
Activity: 560
Merit: 261
I have bitcoin-qt installed in my pc and my btc is in it.
Does bitcoin-qt belong to Bitcoin Core?
Yes.
Thanks!
Another question: How do I install a new bitcoin-qt wallet in my pc since I already have one?
Do I have to install another kind of wallet and download all the blocks again?
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin

Example: -datadir=
I am not sure if I get it.
Do you mean I should install another kind of wallet and set the date using -datadir=?
Would u please elaborate it?
staff
Yes.

Another question: How do I install a new bitcoin-qt wallet in my pc since I already have one?
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin

Example: -datadir=
Activity: 560
Merit: 261
@DLS123
Yes.
Your Electrum wallet and the ledger wallet are two different wallet, so no, you don't need to create an entire new wallet.

staff
@DLS123
Yes.
Your Electrum wallet and the ledger wallet are two different wallet, so no, you don't need to create an entire new wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
Wouldn't it be safer to move BTC to another wallet first, as instructed by Electrum?
Any chance that after moving BCH something get mixed up and we loose BTC?

First of all you have to move all your BTC to another wallet (not another address of the same wallet)... wait several confirmations and after this you can do these things in order to claim your BCH.
Activity: 31
To clarify, do I have to make an entirely NEW wallet, or can I send my BTC  FROM electrum to my ledger  in an existing wallet, then sweep my Electrum private keys with coinomi?  I mean the main objective is to just not do it in the same wallet, with same private keys right?
Pages:
Jump to: