Pages:
Author

Topic: How to get rid of emotions when trading - page 2. (Read 3922 times)

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101
October 12, 2018, 08:15:53 AM
Life is full of trials, disappointments and losses. Life is full of adventure, happiness, comfort and wonder. We can all choose how we handle the challenges and losses. We can make the changes we seek.
this is all the logic we have to instill in our minds when we trading, because when we trade all possibilities are always there, ranging from losses to profits, keep learning and don't be satisfied too quickly I feel very needed to get rid our emotions when trading.
Activity: 1337
Merit: 154
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
October 12, 2018, 07:25:44 AM

1 with good preparation
2 with checklists
3 with process orientation
4 with active emotional detachment

I think it is as simple as " be prepared " including what you've mentioned. Also consider all the possible things that may like to happen. Example earning big profit or losing your money especially when it is first time in trading. In that case, whatever happened we expect it so we become not so emtional.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
October 12, 2018, 05:56:54 AM
One thing I recognize about money is  that,  money is highly emotional wreck!  Money make people to become irrationally and make not well thought decision.  Emotional detachment from trading will require practise and any new habit can be learnt with good practice!
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
The Exchange for EOS Community
October 12, 2018, 03:54:55 AM
Indeed, to learn to control their emotions, it is necessary to make some effort and develop resistance and calm.
Patience, calm are two factors that determine the success of a trader, and the third factor is the need for large capital or idle capital. So you can win and earn profits from the cryptographic market.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
The Intelligent Retail Currency
October 11, 2018, 07:14:08 PM
I think about the goal that needs to be solved at the moment. I turn off all personal and solve the cold reason the question.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
October 11, 2018, 07:41:12 AM

I do agree with the points you are making, but still it is hard to deal with emotions when trading, honestly you have chill more, and not risk everything.
Activity: 551
Merit: 100
October 11, 2018, 07:25:48 AM
Indeed, to learn to control their emotions, it is necessary to make some effort and develop resistance and calm.
Activity: 798
Merit: 258
October 10, 2018, 06:44:11 PM
Perhaps we get rid of our emotions it is already a part of human nature. But we can manage it in a proper way I think, because most of the time we are easily to controlled our emotions if there problems comes into our lives which we didn't expect that to be happen. Same goes with trading, we may know that there is increasing and decreasing value happens but decreasing rapidly is the one reason we didn't expect were sometimes it leads us into a feelings of getting panic which is supposed to be happen, so the better things to do is we must practice self control to our feelings.
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
October 05, 2018, 07:08:47 AM
absolutely true, I agree with your statement, trading is full of risks and if we do not have good knowledge we will lose, the most important thing in trading is to be able to control emotions well, keep calm and not be lured by the talk of others who sometimes do not right, believe in yourself, learn and find information about good trading
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
October 05, 2018, 05:09:41 AM
Quickly get rid of emotions will not work, so try to keep track of your every emotion and and understand why you are experiencing it and what it can lead to. Try to be aware of your every feeling.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
October 05, 2018, 03:21:27 AM
Ensure that before trading emotions we are controlled because indeed for now if we cannot control emotions at the beginning and in a bad condition it will end badly when you trade and in my opinion it is better now to practice first

Yes, we have to control our emotions otherwise we have to face problems in the market because sometimes market situations will not be accurate and we need to control our patients because we cannot able to sell them for loos. It is good to hold them until the market starts recovering.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
October 04, 2018, 11:56:37 AM
Ensure that before trading emotions we are controlled because indeed for now if we cannot control emotions at the beginning and in a bad condition it will end badly when you trade and in my opinion it is better now to practice first
Activity: 392
Merit: 21
October 04, 2018, 09:45:42 AM
As a crypto user , we can't managed ourselves to get rid of it. Everyone should start off paper trading which would at least give yourself a try of what something new, it is whether you can actually handle it or not, even then there's nothing, it would be not so easy to convince yourself when in reality with real money you don't want to lose.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 673
October 04, 2018, 08:52:56 AM
Even those things won't eliminate emotions for 100% but they probably may have a positive effect, thank you for these tips.
This is something very closely associated to the human nature and majority of the people who gets emotional are the ones with low knowledge. In my opinion, the concept of just business cycle is enough to keep the emotions out of the business. This endorse the recovery of the market after if falls.

So if an investor knows about this phenomenon, he would never panic or get emotional. This is a very important thing to survive in the market and avoid loss in the same time.

Panic occurs when someone invest in some coins or in a ICOs without knowing it in the first place. So they dont know why the value of it will drop or high. And when its deeply decreases it value all of a sudden, they started to panic selling.
There is no exemption, even those experience in crypto also panic when the price fall down very hard.
I think this year when we are down to the current price, many have already dump their coins for a loss thinking they need to cut loss rather than
die when the boat will totally sink.
copper member
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
FinanceX Exchange
October 04, 2018, 04:52:23 AM
I totally with you about the preparation thing because only if you are ready you will be not effected by these emotion very often. Knowledge and health are the key to be a successful trader.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
October 04, 2018, 04:31:04 AM
Even those things won't eliminate emotions for 100% but they probably may have a positive effect, thank you for these tips.
This is something very closely associated to the human nature and majority of the people who gets emotional are the ones with low knowledge. In my opinion, the concept of just business cycle is enough to keep the emotions out of the business. This endorse the recovery of the market after if falls.

So if an investor knows about this phenomenon, he would never panic or get emotional. This is a very important thing to survive in the market and avoid loss in the same time.

Panic occurs when someone invest in some coins or in a ICOs without knowing it in the first place. So they dont know why the value of it will drop or high. And when its deeply decreases it value all of a sudden, they started to panic selling.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
October 04, 2018, 04:08:47 AM

Activity: 139
Merit: 5
October 04, 2018, 02:58:52 AM
the way to get rid of emotions when trading is by trading with the long-term, if we use trade with the short-term, we will certainly be emotional, because looking for profits in short-term trading is very difficult, if using long-term trading will have a lot of profit
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
October 04, 2018, 02:31:42 AM
In my opinion when you trade, you must determine and lose. You have to practice with the familiar feeling when the market down and feel it. Acceptance may be lost but sometimes successful. Little see the fortune and forget a time after that rascal.
I have two advised for the people following which, they will not regret about loosing due to emotional decisions. The first is of course the long term investment. This is the only way you can reduce the probability of loosing money when the market falls or whatever happens. Secondly do not expect quick returns.

The market is of course slow and so you should be in terms of cashing. If you do not expect the quick returns, you would not have to worry about the fall and hence would not make emotional decisions.
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
October 01, 2018, 10:37:54 AM
I think it better to control your emotion during trading than to get to get of it. Emotion will always be there and no one can detach from it. Learn to manage your emotions first before going to trade and learn also on disciplining yourself. Prepare your mind for any eventuality in your trading, accept whatever the result and learn from it. Every loss is a part of a learning process that will eventually make you wiser in your next trade.
You will not be able to get rid of emotions until you lose a large sum of money for the first time. When you first go through this - the next time you will not be so restless.
Pages:
Jump to: