Pages:
Author

Topic: How to handle tough times in cryptocurrency? - page 6. (Read 3182 times)

Activity: 524
Merit: 258
September 18, 2018, 11:24:17 AM
Most of the time I understand what was happening on this so it doesn't affect me emotionally since I didn't invest too much on this because I'm working on in airdrops and bounties. It is really sad what was happening on the market and in the industry of cryptocurrency but it is very natural for me since like hard cash it inflates and changes its value once the volume of supply was too many.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
We are indeed the tough times of trading or investment in cryptocurrency. After the ATH of Bitcoin last year, we are now at the stalemate at 10K USD mark for almost 2 weeks and no sign of going up. I was thinking to hold for as long as I can since I believe in crypto.

If you’re at the losing position what is the best thing to do?

There are three options, to buy, to sell and to hold, selling by far is the worst option you will lose money and you will never get your money back, buying is the best since it allows you to get bitcoin for a very cheap price but at the same time it is the most risky, holding is the easiest because you have to do nothing but it is also the most difficult to do because you need to hold for years if you want to recover your money.
Holding wont really be the easiest and among these 3 options you do mentioned aren't too simple for you to make but the most easiest or nearly thing that you will make is on selling your tokens yet this do involve emotions which selling your coins the most probable thing that you would done. Buying- If you can still afford to risk inspite of the negative you are seeing on your port then its your choice. Holding- the most hard part yet emotions would be your main enemy.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
We are indeed the tough times of trading or investment in cryptocurrency. After the ATH of Bitcoin last year, we are now at the stalemate at 10K USD mark for almost 2 weeks and no sign of going up. I was thinking to hold for as long as I can since I believe in crypto.

There are three options, to buy, to sell and to hold, selling by far is the worst option you will lose money and you will never get your money back, buying is the best since it allows you to get bitcoin for a very cheap price but at the same time it is the most risky, holding is the easiest because you have to do nothing but it is also the most difficult to do because you need to hold for years if you want to recover your money.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
I always have stop loss at the entry price to prevent a bad situation but if there's a situation where i forget to set it and i'm sitting on some loses, i will see if the price will go down much more or not, if yes then i will just cut losses and find another trading opportunity rather than holding for a really long time. It's better to use your money to trade something else rather than waiting for the coin to move up again in a bear market.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Investing Crypto is a long term game and you cannot expect something to rise all the time. Long term, it is moving up but there will always be challenging times that you have to be prepared on. If you are confident with Your investment based on research and studying the market you will know what to do when tough times come .
Activity: 263
Merit: 100
I do have some underwater bags, there is nothing I can do about that. Proper risk management help. Shorting on bitmex might be profitable. Looking for lowcap GEMs is a good way to make a profit on the bear market too.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
You are asking whether to HODL or not to HODL. I believe that the entire decision depends on you alone. Dealing with cryptocurrency cash is not a new thing again but some seem not to have gotten use to it, though i don't blame them.No one will ever get use to loosing money knowing that your 10k just turned 1k within minutes. Losing is one thing but staring at it is another. So best thing is just walk away and stop staring at your money as it is losing value.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Learning how to control our emotions in trading would be a helpful step for us to handle tough times here in crypto world. Sometimes, panicking is just a reason why we think that we're lossing everything. We must deal with the changes that crypto might bring us. We should dance with the votality of crypto.
Activity: 41
Dont Panic Sell or Reinvest with enough reasons to sell your current investment for a good one.. that wont drop or is more stable.. which you never know ofcourse....
Yes we often face tough time in trading and it is important to handle it in a good way, otherwise it can affect our trading too much. To me I that one of the important strategy should be that we should stay calm in the market and should not get panic which be too much helpful in handling the tough time in trading.
Activity: 70
Merit: 6
Dont Panic Sell or Reinvest with enough reasons to sell your current investment for a good one.. that wont drop or is more stable.. which you never know ofcourse....
Merit: 2
I believe in BTC for now the price is no sign of an upward movement but it has become a natural thing considering every year the BTC pattern is always like that, waiting for good news and technology upgrades to lift prices and see the supply that will decrease every blockhalv
as long as BTC is useful then the BTC will stay alive, that's why I believe in BTC
Activity: 297

You just need to be constantly preaching to yourself that all the signs are showing our perspectives and possibilities of cryptocurrency to become something big in this world, so it is the matter of time and nothing more than that.
Activity: 72
Seems that traders are the only ones feeling this. Most holders still up x2 initial at least. Cool as a cucumber over thisa way.
I think that you can handle the dough time by ignoring that you  are trading some bitcoin, because the only way which let you successful in trading is to wait for the correct time for buying or selling to make profit. You need to wait for the price to increase when there is panic selling in the market.
Activity: 643
Merit: 264
Seems that traders are the only ones feeling this. Most holders still up x2 initial at least. Cool as a cucumber over thisa way.
Activity: 145
Merit: 16

I'm in crypto from 2013 and still not in hurry. You need patient and wait if you want to make profit and meanwhile, please read, learn about crypto as much as you can, that can be good only for your income. So.. patience is key to success.  But be ready to wait more than year for next real pump and till then... learn learn and be prepared.

Good luck Smiley
Activity: 263
I do have some underwater bags, there is nothing I can do about that. Proper risk management help. Shorting on bitmex might be profitable. Looking for lowcap GEMs is a good way to make a profit on the bear market too.
Activity: 154
This is the reason why we should follow the golden rule of investing what one can afford to lose. This is the best thing to do when making investments decisions. If you followed the rule, you won't be bothered if market is plummeting or not.

However, during this deep, you can decide to buy more so average your cost and have a better position on your holdings. This is just my opinion
Use signals and analysis to read the market flow. It's possible to predict changes in the market, and it's better to pull out your assets into fiat when the market is on a down trend, and buy back in when it's facing upwards?
Activity: 252
if we keep buying the coins at the lowest dip then we can book some profits regularly in these cryptocurrency markets that is the best option to be safe
Activity: 882
Merit: 297

Handling your emotions and having a brave and strong belief that the market would recover soon is a helpful thing because through it, we would be able to make right decisions and we'll learn to wait for the right time. Patience is still the best key or a way for us to earn better.
Patience and coolness will help you to handle tough times. If you want to earn money you will have to bear tough situation of the market. Be optimistic about the bright future of bitcoin. The price will increase and you will earn money. But if you dishearten and think that you cannot survive in worst situations then you will definitely lose all your money.

What you said is the true secret of trading , patience is the main key of success in trading. If you are day trader then you have watch the market full time till your trade is not finished and in that situations mostly if don't keep patience then you can make loss.
Pages:
Jump to: