Pages:
Author

Topic: How to know when to sell? - page 16. (Read 3934 times)

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
January 12, 2018, 02:34:35 PM
Know the latest news about the coin you want to trade.
Most pumps and dumps are caused by events that are either positive or negative for the coin.
Examples of events that cause changes in price: Exchange shutting down, countries banning ICO, meeting announcements.
Then you need to predict what effect it will have on the price.
Crypto markets are high to predict and they can really bring about what is not expected. News has always helped most of the times but it is not every time you will always have news at your finger tip and most times you have to make decisions based on the activities on the charts and some expected outcomes. It is also better to find a market one understands very well before trying to trade the market.
To know about time that when to sell bitcoin it’s very important to check the price of bitcoin because it’s the only way to know about when to sell and I’m also going to check the price of bitcoin every day because when I keep bitcoin hold so I’m going to check the price of bitcoin every day because it’s very important if anyone want to earn from bitcoin in a fast way so it’s very important to know about price.
Selling must be done during high price value we alreafy know about that if we  really gain on the presend time we must sale it already and there no used of waiting for a long time if we already gain on that present time around.we are looking for profit and i tjink it is just the same thing if we are going to wait the time is really being said that is really important in trading also with patience but i believe that we are all looking for the profit and if we can gain it already in the present time i yhink theres no need of waiting for a long time.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
January 12, 2018, 02:02:59 PM
Know the latest news about the coin you want to trade.
Most pumps and dumps are caused by events that are either positive or negative for the coin.
Examples of events that cause changes in price: Exchange shutting down, countries banning ICO, meeting announcements.
Then you need to predict what effect it will have on the price.
Crypto markets are high to predict and they can really bring about what is not expected. News has always helped most of the times but it is not every time you will always have news at your finger tip and most times you have to make decisions based on the activities on the charts and some expected outcomes. It is also better to find a market one understands very well before trying to trade the market.
To know about time that when to sell bitcoin it’s very important to check the price of bitcoin because it’s the only way to know about when to sell and I’m also going to check the price of bitcoin every day because when I keep bitcoin hold so I’m going to check the price of bitcoin every day because it’s very important if anyone want to earn from bitcoin in a fast way so it’s very important to know about price.
Activity: 224
Merit: 28
January 12, 2018, 09:18:03 AM
Like the saying goes : you can not hit the target you can not see. The first thing you do when buying in on coin is to set the price you are selling or buying more. If you go into any coin hoping for whatever, it is sure whatever is what you are going to get.

Nicely said!
January 12, 2018, 09:15:23 AM
As for me, I just set my desired amount that when the price reached it, I will immediately sell.

Agree!
Always know your exit point before entering a trade.
Activity: 182
Merit: 102
January 11, 2018, 02:06:19 PM
You should know what is your target or what amount you aim to have when you buy your coins. Be patient and don't panic sell when you see the price is droping because it is just temporary because you will incur a loss. If you think that you will earn your desire profit when you sell your coin then do it.
Activity: 518
January 11, 2018, 01:12:46 PM
Like the saying goes : you can not hit the target you can not see. The first thing you do when buying in on coin is to set the price you are selling or buying more. If you go into any coin hoping for whatever, it is sure whatever is what you are going to get.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
January 11, 2018, 01:06:44 PM
As everyone will say that don't be too greedy or else you'll just loss instead of profiting.
So just sell when you at least profited like 20% - 50% and if you can see that the coin will continue to pump then just sell the half of it and monitor closely the market.
You must set up a profit margin before you decide trade so that when you attain that range you can then close the trade sometimes when you get a little greedy and try to get toomuch, you eventually end up losing almost all the profits you have accrued and even loss some money as well.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
January 11, 2018, 12:54:17 PM
As for me, I just set my desired amount that when the price reached it, I will immediately sell.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
January 11, 2018, 12:51:53 PM
To enter the position there are some simple strategies or scenarios that we can use with minimal risk, among others:

1. If the price touches the resistance level and fails to break the resistance level, we can take the Sell position with the price analysis likely to bounce back down again. Anticipation is if the price turns and closes above the resistance level. To know whether the price will bounce when touching resistance can be combined with a candlestick pattern or shape.

2. If the price touches the support level and fails to break the support level, we can assume that the price analysis will rise again and we can take Buy position. The risk limitation is if the price turns back and breaks the support level. To find out if the price will bounce back when touching support we can use a candlestick pattern or shape.

3. The third scenario is when the price breaks through the resistance (breakout). If the price breaks above the resistance we can take a Buy position, moreover there are fundamental news that support. For the restriction the risk is if the price goes back down and closes below the resistance.

4. The fourth scenario is when the price breaks the support (breakout). If the price breaks down support we can take a position Sell, especially if there is a fundamental news that supports. To the limit the risk is if the price goes back down and closes above support.

That's some way we can do to know when when we enter the position Buy or Sell in a simple way, namely only by utilizing support resistance without using technical indicators. In this simple way we can maximize the profit potential as well as minimize losses.

Always be disciplined with your trading plan and train your skills in determining support and resistance levels to hone your visual skills in reading charts.
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
“Blockchain Connection Framework”
January 11, 2018, 12:44:43 PM
If you are talking about the cryptocurrency market then it is hard to predict the market so you cannot accurately know when to sell and when to hold. This is not like the stock market that some traders based on candle sticks or should i say technical analysis. Bitcoin is different it is very volatile, more volatile than the stock market. What i mean by this is that you cannot just simply rely on the news, if there  is going to be bad news then price will fall just like in the stocks. What i can suggest is to just put a target price, say if bitcoin falls to X amount you will be buying and if it gets to this amount you will be selling otherwise you will just hold. You'll be making more profit by doing that. Patience gets rewarded my friend.

Well, I somehow agree. However, it's generally hard to predict what would happen in the the cryptocurrency market with fair certainty to actually use it as a guide to know when to sell or hold. I think the better way to actually guide you is your profit goal, if you want a big profit and you see that the profit you would get from getting rid of your holding at a certain would not be enough to satisfy you, then hold it by all means. It would depend on how much capital you've used to invest in it as well.
Activity: 185
January 11, 2018, 12:05:14 PM
The seller he/she that one keeping monitoring for the bitcoin price when waves so the good expect for low profit and buying again for next target aim less than first
Activity: 1148
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 11, 2018, 10:20:27 AM
As everyone will say that don't be too greedy or else you'll just loss instead of profiting.
So just sell when you at least profited like 20% - 50% and if you can see that the coin will continue to pump then just sell the half of it and monitor closely the market.
Activity: 770
Merit: 278
January 11, 2018, 10:16:46 AM
It all depends on our strategies, in my opinion, either short/long term have their own indicators to time the exit. Fibonacci retracement and trend based-fibonacci are prominent enough as an indicator to predict the pullback or trend reversal. I've seen a lot of traders used them you should check it on YouTube it really helps me a lot mate.
that's true but not all of this indicators will go and follow it still we are clueless if it will pump or dumo after we sell. A good well experienced trader also loss so practixe and practice.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 11, 2018, 10:14:44 AM
It all depends on our strategies, in my opinion, either short/long term have their own indicators to time the exit. Fibonacci retracement and trend based-fibonacci are prominent enough as an indicator to predict the pullback or trend reversal. I've seen a lot of traders used them you should check it on YouTube it really helps me a lot mate.
January 11, 2018, 09:58:13 AM
i will give you few advises what i do everyone has different set of mind do what you think is better.
1) Always try to buy at dips.
2) Once you bought any coin and after some times if you got more than 100 to 300% profit just take out your initial investment and play with your profit.
3) Always have a look around and do your own research while buying any crypto coin you should have to at least bid between low and high prices of 24 hour or may be more like a week.
Best of luck!

Agree!
I would also add... less is better! Meaning trading just a 1-3 coins at a time is far better than trading 12-40 coins.
Laser focus is better than diversification.

As I always said... Diversification is a "BAND-AID" against ignorance.
Activity: 114
Merit: 0
January 11, 2018, 09:41:59 AM
i will give you few advises what i do everyone has different set of mind do what you think is better.
1) Always try to buy at dips.
2) Once you bought any coin and after some times if you got more than 100 to 300% profit just take out your initial investment and play with your profit.
3) Always have a look around and do your own research while buying any crypto coin you should have to at least bid between low and high prices of 24 hour or may be more like a week.
Best of luck!
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
January 11, 2018, 09:33:46 AM
When the price is higher or below the moving average for longer than you're comfortable with, that's when you sell. That being said there are various strategies that can be used, e.g. Buy at statistically significant troughs, and sell at the peaks, buy when trade volume multiples in a particular direction by a certain percentage etc. Best thing to do is enable bollinger bands, look at the trends and try to identify where the market is going, this works best in the short term.
Activity: 168
Merit: 22
January 11, 2018, 09:31:40 AM
Keep monitoring for the movemens of the digital currency as you can,specially bitcoin and the altcoin etherium.This two is a good choice for holding and can be profitable when selled.When you observe a fall of the price of the coin its the right time to buy,get as much as you can and hold from the time being,wait for its price to get high the thats the right time to sell it.But as of now bitcoins value dont show of highing its running between 14k and 13k and vice versa.Etherium on the other hand is showing a good growth.Besides it up to your own strategy or plan if whats be the good way.
Activity: 280
January 11, 2018, 09:31:12 AM
Quote from: whalez link=topic=2398181.msg24520729#msg24520729date=1510591538
Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.

I've been in bitcoin for almost 8 months. I did a lot.of trading especially selling alts. I will not deny that I made mistakes selling because right after I sell the price goes so up high or if I hold its price goes down even more. It is very hard to predict when to sell your coin. We really need to analyse the market. I have friend he gained a big profit in trading. Looks like he is not sleeping just to analyse the market and find good coins. I have observe it takes time and willingness and despite of all mistakes we learn. We need to consider the supply of the coin the lowest order, consider the ICO price and many more.

Yes, analyzing the market cap will help you decide when is the time you'll going to sell it. Aside from setting a target price,  there are unexpected things that may happen. Even if you keep on holding your coin and waiting for it to reach your target price, it will not guarantee you that you'll earn huge profit. There are things that you'll be forced to sell it if its price may keep on decreasing, coz you'll end up losing your money if you won't do that. The key here is to keep on updated at its price in the market because it keeps on fluctuating every seconds. You'll lucky if you can timing its price is at its highest peak.

Sometimes try to use economic indicators what will help you predict possible buy and sell points for each crypto coin. This is a good aspect of the indicators, but never act with them solely.
Activity: 180
January 11, 2018, 09:19:47 AM
I believe that your satisfied with your profit and percentage then you can sell it. But if you hear the news or see in your analysis that there is 95% that it will increase then hold for few more days then sell it if your satified.
Pages:
Jump to: