Pages:
Author

Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding? - page 17. (Read 4505 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
January 11, 2018, 07:19:03 PM
I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

My first month in trading was same as how you describe it, My investments comes from the savings of me and my wife. At first Im really scared when the price of the coins goes down to the point where I sell it to minimize my lose, just like you did. I was afraid our hard earn saving will be gone like a bubble, but as the day past by, i did learn from my mistake and come to point where my total balance reach about  150% of our initial investment. So i withdraw our initial investment and the only remaining balance was left was the 50%. It was only half amount from the initial investment, but the good thing is, i DONT FEEL FEAR ANYMORE either the price of the coins go down and just wait for it to high up again (just make sure youre doing research in youre chosen coin), because the investment that im using now does now hold its sentimental value anymore. FEAR in trading is really a great barrier and greatly affect youre performance. Now my total balance is about 400% in our initial investment.
If you truly analyze and study coin that you invest seriously, it is worth it to lose some value for some time because you are not only investing but also wanting to companion. same project during its existence and development. I think that's what you should aim for.
I agree with you mate, that should we aim for, so that we have full of confidence if when to decide sell our coin or trade it. Believe in coin that we our currently hold is also important that we take a risk holding it for a long-term because we already knew about this coin that has more potential to rise.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
January 11, 2018, 07:06:16 PM
Hi, They cover themselves with defensive puts on the Chicago Board of Trade. 10% covers your investment in case of a collapse.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
January 11, 2018, 06:58:30 PM
you just have to get off the charts, stop looking at them every 5 minutes and trust
Activity: 129
January 11, 2018, 06:53:46 PM
I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

My first month in trading was same as how you describe it, My investments comes from the savings of me and my wife. At first Im really scared when the price of the coins goes down to the point where I sell it to minimize my lose, just like you did. I was afraid our hard earn saving will be gone like a bubble, but as the day past by, i did learn from my mistake and come to point where my total balance reach about  150% of our initial investment. So i withdraw our initial investment and the only remaining balance was left was the 50%. It was only half amount from the initial investment, but the good thing is, i DONT FEEL FEAR ANYMORE either the price of the coins go down and just wait for it to high up again (just make sure youre doing research in youre chosen coin), because the investment that im using now does now hold its sentimental value anymore. FEAR in trading is really a great barrier and greatly affect youre performance. Now my total balance is about 400% in our initial investment.
If you truly analyze and study coin that you invest seriously, it is worth it to lose some value for some time because you are not only investing but also wanting to companion. same project during its existence and development. I think that's what you should aim for.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
January 11, 2018, 06:03:50 PM
Well holding is just like saving maybe yo overcome fear of holding is quite different from investing saving is really nothing to be fear about because it has a big possibility that we  can earn through holding specially in bitcoin .maybe people who fear in holding had doesnt much experience on crypto curency and  maybe they dont have enoughf experience on it .
Exactly why we fear on holding, we are not taking too much risk on holding because as what you have said it's like saving our money and the more you hold the more chances we will get rich but still if you really in need it's your choice to spend it but spend wisely for we all know the more we hold the more itbecome profitable.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
January 11, 2018, 04:56:41 PM

You have to trust on your feelings that about you hold it has the potential to grow. Because it's like a gambling if you don't bet you will not win. You have to be brave in trading,, you will not succeed unless you try. As they say try and try until you get succeed. Thats a part of business to look for where you are effective. So that you will get your goal. You have to patiently wait for your turn to be a millionaire.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
January 11, 2018, 04:40:08 PM
Praticing everyday for few months you will pass the fear feeling. the fluctiation is a normal thing of the market. That will help you get money if you have skill.
over time, you will even be less bothered about the coin you got because it would have risen so much in price that anything that would get it back down to the value you bought it would not even be something that would likely be possible to happen.

Fluctuation is normal and the way the crypto market is, it is more like being in a stock market, some will do well, some will not but at the end of the day, you will get a huge benefit from them in the long run.
I had a fear of keeping Bitcoin when the price was still 6000 dollars for one Bitcoin. But when Bitcoin reached $ 20,000, I was both happy and surprised. I did not regret that you kept me in your wallet. But for today, after the next collapse I again start to worry, and whether it is necessary to me to buy and again to store. I think that Bitcoin will return to 20,000 dollars and my act will be correct.
As long as you are not trading and you do not have any idea how to follow trend or trade effectively, then you really do not have anything to worry about no matter what you hear. You will over time get used to the fact that people will say whatever they want to say, bitcoin will correct which is healthy and all you just have to do is to know that the last stop is actually now a strong support which gives you a guarantee that it would take something huge to ever break that again and before you know it, you are back testing new ATHs again.
Activity: 325
January 11, 2018, 11:14:49 AM
It is best not to look at prices when you are determined to keep for a long time. You should relax always think it does not exist because the more you care about, your fear will increase and impatient.
The fear of holding really makes our life suffer and is breaking our heart always if we do not take the risk in making our money profitable then it is our choice, just be reminded always that we are creating our own life so whatever we choose, we suffer or we will be succeeded.
Activity: 432
January 11, 2018, 10:44:44 AM
It is best not to look at prices when you are determined to keep for a long time. You should relax always think it does not exist because the more you care about, your fear will increase and impatient.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
January 11, 2018, 10:16:00 AM
This fear is same as many other ones. If you can look at the problem anything can be solved in no time.
If you look on this from some other angle you will see that even when we go to doctor to explain our fear we need to know what we are afraid and how to deal with it.

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
January 08, 2018, 02:12:43 AM

Probably because you are constantly seeing the price of the coin you are holding, one of which you should try not to think about the coin you hold and if you have more trust in the coin you will not be easy to sell it, it also happens to me by taking profit as soon as possible and then leave.
Activity: 70
January 08, 2018, 02:06:17 AM

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329
January 08, 2018, 12:52:54 AM
Some will say with good strategy other will say not to fear some will say sell now buy latter.

In any way if you hold some coins and you think its the right time then use it or just make sell of some amount and keep the rest its better like this. Maybe amount that you keep can be moved to another coin and hope for income. Patience is key in this if you can control yourself then it can be good for you at the end.
I agree with you . Patience is a decisive factor for you to be able to sell at a high price but it is difficult to achieve this because you will experience a lot of pain and anxiety because the price fluctuates constantly and this is really difficult.
Yes, the price fluctuates quite often and very few have the mind to accept the fact and lot simply switch to some other altcoins expecting bigger profit. Here few will be succeeding investing on the right thing, while the others end up losing the investment capital and tries to get back to bitcoin when the price has increased leaving the profit.
cause they may not able to watch for what may real happen if they may still holding their coins to gain a lot of profit for then they may not able also to take the risk of holding it for a long time for we all know how may good it is to have for that you may have the belief on that coin for you to have for it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
January 07, 2018, 11:58:50 PM
Use spare cash to invest,do not wanna earn quick money!
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
January 07, 2018, 04:45:39 PM
i have never hear of such fear, fear of holding? really? id fear losing on day trades but if you are holding you should not fear of this at all
It is not such a weird thing lets suppose you invested 200k when bitcoin was 20k so you have 10BTC at some point bitcoin went as low as 10k which means you lost half of your investment in a few days, will you not be afraid of keep holding? I suppose the answer is yes.
Activity: 286
Merit: 31
January 07, 2018, 04:58:49 AM
There always choices, as you consistent to your own choice. If you want to play you need to have opit target as how much % from capital financial. But if you hold it, draw it when you really need it.

I take your point above how to overcome the fear of holding such as consistent with decision, need have target in percentage so we can do it as a plan and not as greedy. I will add one more thing, confident with your choice is the way to overcome the fer too. How we can confident? Before making a decision, we need to do a research and make decision after every thing you want to buy is really best choice.
Activity: 91
Merit: 0
January 07, 2018, 04:15:41 AM
Forgetting the market is a good way to get rid of fear, but if you have all your funds sitting in Bitcoin, I'd bet you;ll be very uneasy and will actually even check often. The best way is to spread out your funds into different assets to minimize risk and to help you get a good night's sleep.
Activity: 242
January 07, 2018, 04:13:31 AM
For me Just forget about the market till new year ever and after you will have your gift in your wallet by the first of January in 2018.
Activity: 112
January 06, 2018, 08:11:18 PM
i have never hear of such fear, fear of holding? really? id fear losing on day trades but if you are holding you should not fear of this at all
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
January 06, 2018, 07:45:26 PM

One way is to simply cut the amount of times you check your investments, if you check them several times a day, change that to once a week, keep detailed notes, people most of the time sell on an impulse, so by tracking the price you will know where you stand and where you want to be.
Good technique, holding for long term requires you to be strong so you won't easily get panic, don't be too active in looking the value movement from time to time because that only shows you do not really trust it's future or you don't understand the price volatility.
Focus on the development and just leave the price as there are people who can manipulate but with real development price will definitely increase.
Pages:
Jump to: