Pages:
Author

Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding? - page 13. (Read 4505 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 12
January 27, 2018, 02:27:20 AM
The only way you have to deal is, when you invest in ICO, after listing the price of the coin may increase, so you can sell them in the market of what you invested and store the rest with you until you make more profit on your holdings.
Activity: 196
Merit: 22
Las Vegas
January 27, 2018, 02:02:35 AM
When I have been selling lately I make sure to keep around 25% of the tokens in case something amazing happens with them and I miss a buy back opportunity. I have fear of selling usually, not holding. I fear that I will sell and they will go to the moon when I do. I look at it like this: you can sell and then make money trading something else, then buy back in to whatever you want. The main idea is obviously to make as much money as possible so however you do it doesn't really matter.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
January 27, 2018, 01:45:01 AM
Learn more about the related stocks you are holding. Then know the latest news about it, in that case you may predict some fluctuations which will affect your coins/stocks.

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
January 27, 2018, 12:14:25 AM
Try to research first on any of cryptocurrency you want invest and find those coins that are good for holding. Choose the coins that has the potential to grow in the future. Bitcoin for example, reaches many all-time highs last year, projected to grow more this year and can possiby break its record highs last year. If you studied thoroughy the history of that coin and you knew that it has the potential to grow more then there is no reason to fear it.
Just put your time and effort to really study deeper, fear only comes when you are not sure what the project will turn to, but with enough knowledge
you will be able to overcome that fear, knowing that you are looking forward and positive that the project will rise and make many progress will give
you an idea to holding and wait to gain your desire profits, always take into consideration that risk are only for those who are not ready to see the
rise and fall so better to understand more.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
January 26, 2018, 11:23:50 PM
Try to research first on any of cryptocurrency you want invest and find those coins that are good for holding. Choose the coins that has the potential to grow in the future. Bitcoin for example, reaches many all-time highs last year, projected to grow more this year and can possiby break its record highs last year. If you studied thoroughy the history of that coin and you knew that it has the potential to grow more then there is no reason to fear it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
January 26, 2018, 09:46:16 PM
I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

Holding your asset before to make a decision in making trading or seling is not an easy task,because in a split of a second maybe you regrets the time that you not decide to sell your coins,its needs a wise and tight decision of your own judgement,so in order to overcome this fear of holding  we must put into our mind that not all times we must be right to our  decision making,so we take the outcomes  even in winning or lossing of profits because sometimes in trading investment is like a gamble.
Activity: 59
Merit: 3
January 26, 2018, 09:11:42 PM
If you want to hodl like a veteran, just do your own  research. If you're an investor (long term trader?) find out the fundamental value that your coin has. Does it fit any actual markets? Is it an advanced technological platform? Does the team stick to the roadmap. And so on. You should know what's planned and anytime you feel weak just check if everything that was planned is  there.

If you are "weak" at trading, don't blame yourself for selling too early. If you're making profits, you're good. And again, just plan the targets in advance. And sell gradually.
W12 – Blockchain protocol
January 26, 2018, 09:01:03 PM
In investing and trading your money in bitcoin and other crypto currencies, you need to set in your mind that you must hold your coin in order to become successful.
Activity: 179
January 26, 2018, 08:57:18 PM
I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?
They say that HODL is the key for us to become successful trader. I think it is true. I experienced to do HODL and earned big amount of money. Holding altcoin for a long time can help us to become rich.

I know holding is the key but its not always worth and successfull.
If you decide to hold unpromissing altcoin so you maybe will fall into a dangerous zone. So pick the right altcoin is also needed.
Activity: 121
January 26, 2018, 08:49:40 PM

I think that in order to overcome the fear of holding a coin, its worth decreasing as it is, it is very bad. You want to know how long you should hold or hold, so you need to constantly learn about what you are holding. Learn all about it knowing why it's rising and why it's falling, so you're comfortable and do not worry about anything. Do not run after the crowd to have your own opinion.
Good luck.
Activity: 89
Merit: 19
“Decentralized Transportation Economy”
January 26, 2018, 07:44:41 PM
the best way to over fear of holding is that practicing trading more and more. Besides, you also need to reseach carefully before investing in anycoin.
For me we can totally overcome the fear of holding if we will have a trust with our coins, for example when the value of bitcoin is we will dump it will make us fear because but right now it is the perpect time to buy more bitcoin to hold for long time.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
January 26, 2018, 07:14:35 PM
When you are holding a coin, try to control your emotions,because it is the main reason why we sell early, and for addition, make sure you are following that website of that coin, or their telegram to have some update to that coin, it is very important in trading
To overcome fear you should have the knowledge and the strong self in order to face it. And you should be aware of the status of bitcoin or your coin for you not to panic and think of what to do. Never panic sell. Make sure to calm yourself to avoid unnecessary emotions that will affect your decisions in a bad way.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 121
January 26, 2018, 05:33:41 PM

I often sell coins on the first day. But there are exceptions - KNC. I think this project promising so i hold the tokens for 4 months.
even at the beginning of its activity, I always gave you to me, too, the first one, not expecting it when the price rises. But to date I'm sure and already convinced that I almost lost half of what I would have if I kept my coins. So today I save all the coins that I will earn.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
A Trader & An Investor
January 26, 2018, 04:18:11 PM
Just buy into good projects. Don't buy into shitcoins if you can't handle the pump and dump. I think projects such as singular dtv, waves,  neo, decent have the right ingredients to be successful in the long run. Buy their tokens and tokens of projects like them. Buy. Hold. Forget.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
quarkchain.io
January 26, 2018, 03:39:02 PM

I often sell coins on the first day. But there are exceptions - KNC. I think this project promising so i hold the tokens for 4 months.
Activity: 625
Merit: 250
io.ezystayz.com
January 26, 2018, 12:01:58 PM
i think it depends on you, how much money do you want to earn, how much money are you ready to loss, and how good the coin you invest is. you can overcome the fear of holding
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
January 26, 2018, 09:31:46 AM
I don't think it's necessary to be stressed out when holding especially if you choose your investments wisely... Choose a volatile coin and go all in, you will definitely not sleep soundly at night...  Grin
January 26, 2018, 09:30:04 AM
I was also scared before in losing money in this thing we always lose money we need to remember before we will pursue this thing we need to know that we can always lose money any moment and we should not be afraid with that. What I can suggest with regards to your question is to just believe in the project! Seriously, no one knows what will happen to crypto in the next few years
Activity: 252
January 26, 2018, 09:28:53 AM
It's a make or break situation as mostly all of the current crypto projects are either in speculation or still in a very early stage of development. You should only be worried when you are holding a shitcoin. In fact, you should be more than worried and sell off immediately if you do not want to end up being a bag holder. As long as you know the coin you are holding has a good support and in the long run can give you great profit, then there is really nothing to worry about
Activity: 238
January 26, 2018, 09:28:23 AM
I guess that's a normal scenario specially this currency was a volatile one and we really can't avoid emotional struggles. But all I can advise particular on those who are new in trading is, they shouldn't mind those speculations behind and must focus on their goals for long term bitcoin investments. Some of the coins in the next few years would not be the same thing as they are today which is something to have a rest of mind, that looking back, every good coin, always end up getting huge.Some times back, I used to experience huge fear of holding, but with experience, when I understood that there is really no point being scared as the coins will still get pumped and rise back up
Pages:
Jump to: