Pages:
Author

Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding? - page 16. (Read 4505 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10
January 17, 2018, 10:33:41 AM
Profit will always be a profit even if sell it earlier. By trading you can learn a lot from experience. Try to hold some of your alts that has potential growth. You can earn a lot from them then you will end up making a lot of mistakes when you see the value rising to the top later in the future
Activity: 798
Merit: 502
January 17, 2018, 09:59:33 AM
All I do is think positive, because with positive thinking there will be no fear to hold and hold it. So the fear will disappear by itself when positive thinking.
Thinking posotive can really help us avoid selling our coins that on lose if we are investors. But if we are doing day trade then we should know how to cut loss and transfer to another coin that can give us profit.
Activity: 294
Merit: 36
January 17, 2018, 09:35:50 AM
I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

Hello squatz1,

Been there many times!! I am planning to start intra-day trading the crypto markets once I figure out a safe and reliable broker to use with MT4.

I understand the feeling. You take a take trade, making money, now should I exit, but what if it keep going, what if turn around on me, what about the next trade, i will feel like an idot if I miss this trade.

Questions:

1. What is your rule for profit taking?

2. Why is that your rule for profit taking? Do you have any statistically or proven evidence for this profit taking rule?

3. If you have evidence that taking profit early will overall keeping you making money consistently, why be upset when take profit? For example, if I had some type of proof from a back test or some guru trader saying "goodoboy, every trade you take 100 pts and you will make $40K in a year" i will definitely take 100 pts per trade.

You see what I mean. It's not about 1 or 2 trade, it's about consistently doing what's in your rule book for 1000 trades tha will earn you $XX,XXX per year. The rule book can be a gut feeling, dog whisper, paid service, etc. Your job is a trader is to be an unemotional money maker.

I hope that make sense.

Good read. I have subscribing to the trading discussion as of late because I myself want to try my hand in trading, since the usual way, which is ICOs, where I gain most of my holdings are not doing good right now. Although the cryptocurrency market is not in a good state due to the falling value of bitcoin and altcoins, I think trading is still a promising venture because of its active and hands-on aspect of trying to earn profit. With that said, I think holding is one key part of trading, and one should see it as a trade move; however, it involves a lot of patience since every move in the cryptocurrency market may end up in whack. However, it is part of the venture you delved in to. I think to remove the idea of holding in vain, one should set some time markers to check if the move of holding is actually going somewhere or not.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
January 17, 2018, 09:35:15 AM
How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

Whenever I receive some altcoin or a token, I sell 50% of it (for either Bitcoin or fiat cash) and keep the remainder for long-term storage. So far, this strategy has worked for me. It has helped me to maintain a healthy balance in BTC, and at the same time, I have profited out whenever an altcoin or token was pumped.
This is a less risk strategy, since you already ensure the half half and the possibility of loses will only bary in some time, and will not allow to lose it since will hold it till it pumped.
That is one good way to manage risk on your holdings. You take half of the profit most especially in tokens and put into more reliable coin you can trust and then leave the rest and HODL without bothering much what happens with it at the end. BTC is a good option, knowing that it is unstoppable and at least you have a guarantee of a steady increase without waking up one day to realize that your holding has turned shitty.
Activity: 266
January 17, 2018, 08:29:49 AM
All I do is think positive, because with positive thinking there will be no fear to hold and hold it. So the fear will disappear by itself when positive thinking.
Activity: 126
January 17, 2018, 06:37:48 AM
Why fear if you HODL good coins ? being fear about this can't help you on your financial needs. Holding is really and investing that you are taking risk for a brighter future and if you really HODL bitcoin then you probably nothing worry about because this is our future.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
January 17, 2018, 06:37:37 AM
First of all all potential altcoin and token will always rise as time passes.but sometimes trader think by gaining small profit they should sell now to gain profit from other coin ,it sometimes backfire as coin pump after few days after you sell it then you regret for selling.so it is up to trader to hold or gain short term profit.
That's sometimes in my thoughts, How about if I do sell right now since I earned almost 10 times of my coins then will going to buy some potential coins again. That was my always words in my self. Since trading is like buying and selling I believe that if you already satisfied in what price you want or it's already reach your goal price then sell it. Move on to the next coins since you get what you want that's my strategy. We are nit all the same we have different ways on how to become rich with this.
Activity: 196
January 17, 2018, 06:23:29 AM
First of all all potential altcoin and token will always rise as time passes.but sometimes trader think by gaining small profit they should sell now to gain profit from other coin ,it sometimes backfire as coin pump after few days after you sell it then you regret for selling.so it is up to trader to hold or gain short term profit.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
January 12, 2018, 04:23:30 PM

Whenever I receive some altcoin or a token, I sell 50% of it (for either Bitcoin or fiat cash) and keep the remainder for long-term storage. So far, this strategy has worked for me. It has helped me to maintain a healthy balance in BTC, and at the same time, I have profited out whenever an altcoin or token was pumped.
This is something I have always done as well for a while and at least with that you will have less worries with what you are holding, knowing that you have been able to make enough from it. Most times though for some coins with prospect, once I sell, I buy back at a low value and watch out for when it picks up again and that keeps making my holding even more in size until I am sure I am good to take out certain percentage of them into BTC or ETH.
Activity: 770
Merit: 278
January 12, 2018, 03:34:05 AM
In order not to feel fear for investment, you must initially buy reliable coins. First we need to study them very carefully to understand if the coin has prospects for growth. Then it remains only to wait and not pay attention to temporary falls. One way or another there will be growth and no reason for panic.
Another to add is to take a look for the coins that are not being pump or a blue chip coins that are atill new and not known to many people. There are alot of opportunities out there you don't need to chase those high coins just because of 'FOMO' and you te d to lose.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
January 12, 2018, 03:09:58 AM
well I also want to share a little story here, I also have the same experience with you when I sell it quickly, 2 months later the price is very high, of course I am very annoyed, in my heart said why I can be so stupid, but do not need in regret that already happened will not be in the reset.
better prepare myself for the next wave, now I have had some coins that I will hold for quite a long time.
advice from me if you find it hard not to see it every day, try to do something else like playing games, vacation, or lain.karena if you see it when the price up or down you will think to sell it for profit or avoid loss. that's advice from me hopefully help. Smiley Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
January 12, 2018, 02:33:24 AM
In order not to feel fear for investment, you must initially buy reliable coins. First we need to study them very carefully to understand if the coin has prospects for growth. Then it remains only to wait and not pay attention to temporary falls. One way or another there will be growth and no reason for panic.
Activity: 378
January 12, 2018, 01:21:31 AM
If you want to earn some money over money invested then the factor of risk is involved with this the fear can't be finished but it can be controlled to some extent like if we buy only one currency then the risk of loss will be high and if the factor of loss high the person feel fear in the market and if you buy more than one if fall comes in one then you may receive some advantage in the second so the fear of holding can be minimized.
Activity: 504
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
January 12, 2018, 12:12:02 AM
Try to see the reward of holding. Visualize it and create the condition and the environment yiu will be in when you get rewarded for holding your coin. Once you are able to see the result of holding and significant it will be to your finances and enefit you and people around you, You will able to convince yourself that you are doing the right thing!
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
January 12, 2018, 12:05:51 AM
Put an expect high price and shutdown your screen
Activity: 392
January 11, 2018, 10:54:25 PM
personally I divide my portfolio into 3-4 parts and decide which part is for my long term investment and which for daily trading and by doing this I overcome the fear of holding.
This seems to be good to have a separate amount for each and every form of holding and for the trading needs. This will get user an ability to earn even when there is lacking in the growth of specific assets. Another thing is that it gives a sustained earning, as well a profit for a future.

This is nice.  Your division  of investment  is really  great.  Your a nice one.  I admire you for that.  I also want to do the same way because of that technique your investment  becomes more safe and with a very low risk of lossing big.
Activity: 230
January 11, 2018, 08:43:30 PM
personally I divide my portfolio into 3-4 parts and decide which part is for my long term investment and which for daily trading and by doing this I overcome the fear of holding.
This seems to be good to have a separate amount for each and every form of holding and for the trading needs. This will get user an ability to earn even when there is lacking in the growth of specific assets. Another thing is that it gives a sustained earning, as well a profit for a future.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company
January 11, 2018, 08:23:37 PM
To be sure you don't sell off very early on just back up your wallet keys safely avoid monitoring how your currencies are performing.In fact just turn a blind eye to your portfolios and only come back probably once or twice a month to check on them if that is possible and im sure you will be fine.For me i have seen how crazy the cryptospace can be and so i don't really bother how my portfolios perform as i always know price recovery will occur.
Activity: 308
January 11, 2018, 07:30:00 PM
Activity: 238
January 11, 2018, 07:22:12 PM
Well, I would suggest just to forget about the holdings and go on with life as if you would not own your holdings. Checking prices every day while you are holding your positions anyways makes no sense, this is just emotional trouble and therefore I wouldnt do it if I wasnt able to control my emotions. Another thing is patience, its something that can be trained, and in this space its a really valuable attribute, so you should try to train your patience to stay on top of your games. This can be achieved by always remembering why you have invested in the first place and remembering your targets whenever your emotions are trying to interfere your plans of holding.
Pages:
Jump to: