Pages:
Author

Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding? - page 5. (Read 4505 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 129
March 27, 2018, 04:37:57 AM
Earn more than you spend i think you know the cause of your constant conscience whenever you spend money on something or deeply worried about what will happen on your trades so there is one only answer don't trade if you lack money trade only if you have an extra money. Another thing if you have more money or earned money i think the fear will decrease gradually.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
March 27, 2018, 04:17:47 AM
We can see from the history of bitcoin that its price has been growing.

If you bought bitcoins ten years ago and held them until now, then your wealth will soar hundreds of thousands of times!

So let's not panic about holding bitcoin. Bitcoin has been recognized by more and more people.
Activity: 806
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 27, 2018, 03:58:15 AM
It is really difficult to overcome fear especially when the amount is very high or very material to you. I did lost some of my value by this market but since this happened already many times in crypto so I can only hope for an early good recovery.
legendary
Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000
March 27, 2018, 03:56:45 AM
By keep on thinking and convincing myself that bitcoin will rise again.  It will not remain in red but will become green eventually.  Keeping myself in a very positive way to overcome my fear of loosing my investment.
Well of course you should set a positive feedback regarding the dumped state of value of bitcoin today. When you know what you're doing to your coin and you are trusting that someday bitcoin value will come to rise again and make it in green marks again that will truly help you to ease the fear of holding.
Activity: 99
Merit: 0
March 27, 2018, 03:13:19 AM
In the time between buying and selling, you can choose to forget him. I think this can overcome this fear, and I do it too.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
March 27, 2018, 02:17:30 AM
It depends upon the situation whereby, we can expect, but we cannot assure what will be happening after a day, month, or even a year in our bitcoin value. We should know when will be going to trade, or when will be the best value to convert on.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
March 27, 2018, 02:07:04 AM
I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

Depends on what coins you are holding. Does it have strong fundamental? If you hold bitcoin, ethereum, ripple or other top 10 in coinmarketcap.com you are good to hold for a long term.

To overcome your fear, you have to be able reading the market especially bitcoin. When bitcoin crashes, you should sell your coins as soon as possible to prevent bigger losses.
FRJ
Activity: 280
Merit: 15
The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer
March 27, 2018, 02:02:02 AM
I think you have to take some risks in the holdings, otherwise you will not be able to hold it because you have to work on keeping in mind that if you gain something, it will be risky and it will be risky. She is risky to overcome him, Those who can overcome your responsibility to achieve success,
Activity: 51
March 26, 2018, 08:23:02 PM
I don't consider myself a trader but an investor so I try to evaluate the business proposition of a proposed investment. 

A large part of this game is emotional instead of logical so its important to acknowledge that and develop a plan in advance. 

Before you make a trade put your thoughts on paper why it is a good investment and how long you plan to hold it to realize a gain. 

The only time I would do something contrary would be for some sort of adverse event like the team missed a project deadline or lost an important team member, etc. 

Also, make sure you aren't risking too much on a single trade which might make you make trades you might come to regret in the future.   
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 26, 2018, 08:00:19 PM
I need to set aside my investment and consider it as my forget money, leave it until the price goes up again and do some short trading,  to focus myself in other areas and forget about my long term investment.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 26, 2018, 07:52:13 PM
By keep on thinking and convincing myself that bitcoin will rise again.  It will not remain in red but will become green eventually.  Keeping myself in a very positive way to overcome my fear of loosing my investment.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
March 26, 2018, 05:15:01 PM
I think you should try and try until you succeed that is the key. The trading is for brave people who can overcome the fear in trading and make all negative into positive thought just to be like optimistic.
if someone has negative thoughts, then it's better to leave your activity for later, because this whole situation will have a very bad effect on trade. And in general it's better to take it as a rule, never with your bad mood not to start or not continue your activity.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
March 26, 2018, 03:48:16 PM
Simply forget about your coins. Stop to read any news related and stop to check the price daily or 2-3 times a day. You will have less stress and so less fear of your coins. Do it at least 1 month and you will see. 1 month is nothing in a life. After a month just do your usual stuff once a week, check the rate, read some news, ect, close everything and keep rolling the life.
Yes, the best way to overcome a fear of holding your coins is to forget about them, get busy doing something important like working on a campaign or working on your own personal project. I recommend checking your HODL coins in 2-3 weeks. Checking your coins 2-3 times a day will make you panic and that may lead you to sell at lost. For me, I basically HODL for an average of 6 months, if it works out fine and if it didn't I'll just wait for another 6 months.
Activity: 308
March 26, 2018, 10:59:07 AM
I think you should try and try until you succeed that is the key. The trading is for brave people who can overcome the fear in trading and make all negative into positive thought just to be like optimistic.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 268
Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited
March 26, 2018, 08:42:16 AM
Holding is risky too but for getting profit we should take this risk.Generally, I invest that amount which I can afford to lose.So, it's help me quite well to overcome my fears.I think holding bitcoin is less riskier than others so we should not worried more.
Activity: 6
March 26, 2018, 08:27:29 AM
I think there is no reason to fear. The best thing you can do is stop looking at the prices every half hour.
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
March 26, 2018, 08:26:49 AM
Simply forget about your coins. Stop to read any news related and stop to check the price daily or 2-3 times a day. You will have less stress and so less fear of your coins. Do it at least 1 month and you will see. 1 month is nothing in a life. After a month just do your usual stuff once a week, check the rate, read some news, ect, close everything and keep rolling the life.
I did it once and prove it was effective but only for two weeks cause I am still in the midst of curiosity of what is happening. For two weeks I am less stress, and when I get back I am in my neutral emotion and did not think to sell out of panic.
Activity: 77
March 26, 2018, 08:23:23 AM
Well if we keep on holding while that bitcoin of your's after all sort of selling it and convert to cash went out stagnant, then maybe it's a good choice to hold it while price is still have a good potential to rise higher. If we fear sometimes while we hold our btc assets, I guess that's a normal scenario specially this currency was a volatile one and we really can't avoid emotional struggles
Activity: 302
March 26, 2018, 08:21:26 AM
We should not be afraid with that because we can always win back our money it is up to us how we gonna win that back we just need to have a lot of source of income and do not stick in only one source of income. As at the time I read the article you then rate Bitcoin is falling quickly, making those investments as well as holding Bitcoin become confused, anxious not know whether to sell Bitcoin or holding and pending rate increase come back
Activity: 202
March 26, 2018, 08:21:09 AM
The feeling fear of holding the digital coins because we don't research about the digital coins before invested into them, we don't learning anything about the them, i suggest to learning about the digital coins analysis fundamental of digital coins before hold for long term investment, always use iddle money for holding the digital coins and never use loan money or the money will used
Pages:
Jump to: