Pages:
Author

Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding? - page 10. (Read 4505 times)

Activity: 413
Merit: 10
February 28, 2018, 12:51:48 AM
holding is great particularly in the event that we are holding bitcoin yet altcoin can be a smart thought to hold on the off chance that we can purchase at bring down cost. be that as it may, once in a while we are excessively covetous when we see the cost is increment quick and we are not offering since we need greater benefit. in the event that we do this, at that point I think our possibility will misfortune so we can not pitch to make benefit. yet, in the event that we would prefer not to be concerned for holding altcoin then I can recommend to you to offer it immediately if the cost is increment so you can recover your cash in addition to your benefit.
Activity: 286
Merit: 8
February 25, 2018, 03:19:38 AM
This is actually a problem: Your psychological price
So set goals, can be two stages , Reach one Sell part , like that
"Because your BTC purchase price is not 10 dollars"
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
February 25, 2018, 03:10:06 AM
I think the only way to overcome your fear of holding is if you don't check your portfolios every minute. That's what makes you cringe and makes you feel like you lose a lot of money already and would be better to just sell them to prevent more losses. Most of the people I know who have been hodling for 2 years now advised me to check your portfolio once in a while and not stare at them the whole day, and it did help because I was one of those person who keeps on checking if how much I have lost in a day.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
February 25, 2018, 01:23:35 AM
Just leave it be and do some other stuff, that's the way to just get on with it.

I've got daytime work and only checks on my portfolio every now and then.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
February 25, 2018, 01:19:13 AM
Simply forget about your coins. Stop to read any news related and stop to check the price daily or 2-3 times a day. You will have less stress and so less fear of your coins. Do it at least 1 month and you will see. 1 month is nothing in a life. After a month just do your usual stuff once a week, check the rate, read some news, ect, close everything and keep rolling the life.

Easy said than done especially if this is the only thing you do in life. I think the most practical way to minimize regret or fear on holdings are to maintain two accounts for cryptomarket; One for trading and also one for investing.

Investing or long term accounts will be maintained by continuously adding value overtime. This will protect you from fluctuation because you are doing the cost averaging by acquiring additional funds during bear market.

You will still maintain the trading account for you to reap the benefits of volatility, acquiring the coins at low price then sell at it high price. These two strategies I think will answer the OP's question.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 783
Burpaaa
February 24, 2018, 02:34:50 AM
There is no easy way. I am telling this out of my own experience. It is easy to hold on for 6 months or even 1 year. But what you will do, when the prices are constantly going down for more than three years? This is what happened to me. The BTC exchange rates were constantly going down from 2014 to 2016. Finally I gave up and sold a part of my coins in 2016.

Sad part is you hold it too long then  when you released it a bit lof a year again it just went boom too high like what its ATH by 2017, I might regret it but it was indeed hard to forsee what will happen in our coins. We just need to keep updated always.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
February 24, 2018, 01:53:23 AM
There is no easy way. I am telling this out of my own experience. It is easy to hold on for 6 months or even 1 year. But what you will do, when the prices are constantly going down for more than three years? This is what happened to me. The BTC exchange rates were constantly going down from 2014 to 2016. Finally I gave up and sold a part of my coins in 2016.
Activity: 48
February 24, 2018, 12:58:58 AM
Realize what you are holding and why, and don't always look back.
Activity: 58
Merit: 1
February 24, 2018, 12:54:33 AM
I overcome my fear of holding by ensuring that the coins that I purchase in the first place have very strong fundamentals (i.e solving a real problem, strong team, sound tokenomics etc). That way, even if the coin drops significantly due to significant price instability, I can be confident that it should increase in the long term as it generates more and more value which will convince more people to hold and use the token, which increases demand and the price.
Activity: 336
February 24, 2018, 12:52:46 AM
I think once you earned money in holding our investment you will overcome the fear that you have. It is normal since many people are starting to learn bitcoins and they should always take the risk to get money.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 19, 2018, 03:18:05 AM
always think that profit is profit small or big is that so we can control our greedyness and always be thankfull of what you get even it big or small.
I think we must think positive to overcome our fears because even if we loss it can't kill us in fact it will give as a lesson to continue life and in the near future we can receive a lot of experience which can make us stronger on facing any kind of situation that we can possibly face in our journey.

In simple way, always think that holding wont make us lose our money until we sell it at lower price. That's the positive we should think about holding coins and always stay at our own limit. Once we take above our own limit then the fear will be much more stronger.
MiF
Activity: 1400
Merit: 258
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
February 19, 2018, 02:46:53 AM
always think that profit is profit small or big is that so we can control our greedyness and always be thankfull of what you get even it big or small.
I think we must think positive to overcome our fears because even if we loss it can't kill us in fact it will give as a lesson to continue life and in the near future we can receive a lot of experience which can make us stronger on facing any kind of situation that we can possibly face in our journey.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 605
February 19, 2018, 01:26:42 AM
That's right, when you can be consistent in making profit that would give you a chance to earn big profit in the future.
Trading is a journey and you need to take a risk in order to take that journey, even it's hard but you continue to develop your skills you will end up successful.
Activity: 896
Merit: 253
February 19, 2018, 01:13:33 AM
Activity: 196
Merit: 16
February 18, 2018, 10:15:34 PM
holding is good especially if we are holding bitcoin but altcoin can be a good idea to hold if we can buy at lower price. but sometimes we are too greedy when we see the price is increase fast and we are not selling because we want bigger profit. if we do this, then i think our chance will loss so we can not sell to make profit. but if we don't want to be worried for holding altcoin then i can suggest to you to sell it right away if the price is increase so you can get your money back plus your profit.
Activity: 16
February 18, 2018, 05:16:35 PM
I follow 2 easy steps. First one, I only invest what I can afford to lose. I know it's sounds like a cliche but that's the truth. This way you'll not be scared that you lost your money.
The second one is buy and forget about your long term coins. Yes, you can profit more if sell at ATH and you buy at a lower price but it's a bit of a hassle. Is this the ATH? Should I sell? Everyone fight with this questions, so it's just a less of a headache.
Activity: 392
Merit: 24
February 18, 2018, 05:09:43 PM
I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?
IF the condition on exchange is very bed so I reduce my checking period to 1 or 2 days , thats all..
Activity: 590
Merit: 258
February 18, 2018, 04:20:23 PM
I think the best way to avoid the fear that you are feeling right now is to make yourself calm down.
You always make ways on how to prepare yourself in the possible loss in order to make a worthy strategy that will brings you to success of lots of incomes
Activity: 266
February 14, 2018, 05:01:56 PM
I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?
We can see the market is constantly changing and difficult to predict, so we have to train ourselves to be a resilient to not fall under the FOMO. We must always trust the project that we invest, if the project is good and potential in the future, have real application in life, the team is strong, the project is successful only It is sooner or later. So regardless of the project before investing, you have to find out thoroughly.
Activity: 308
February 14, 2018, 01:20:45 PM
In my own perspective the best way to overcome the fear of holding is remember the reason why are you doing that; from that way you can get some gout that you can continue on what are you doing right now.
Pages:
Jump to: