Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers - page 53. (Read 31437 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
The best thing you can do, that I do is simply keep connected to a computer that you only connect to the internet when you're going to send money. Of course it's also important that you've never done anything else with that computer.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

It depends on what type of wallet you are going to use. You should choose right wallet from hacking. There are a few types of wallets:
Online Wallets, Mobile Wallets, Desktop Wallets, Hardware Wallets, Paper Wallets

There is lot of different opinion from everyone, But I am using Coinbase wallet. Coinbase is a largest Bitcoin broker cum wallet, it is best place to store bitcoins in online. As of now they are support to exchange  Bitcoin, ethereum, bitcoin cash, lite coin. And also we can exchange cash by using coin base in 30+ countries. they are looking forward to add XRP.

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
Hackers have more sophisticated tactics. To protect my password I used many ways. But I am most assuredly kept in the hardware wallet. But I copied it in case of a bad case. Now I can totally feel secure about my account!
Activity: 23
If your are using MEW or Metamask, you need to add MetaCert too.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
If you use MEW, the best option for you will be to use the local version, because it's much safer, you can be hacked through fake DNS as it was before, so be careful, every day someone loses their money.
Activity: 115
The best way that you can protect your wallet from hackers is to make sure that you store your coins in a wallet which allows you to hold the private keys yourself, then you can store this private key and all other sensitive information in a place where hackers cannot get to them online because without your private key, they can't get your coins
Activity: 58
A large number hodlers consider that the only defense to face hackers is by means of in awareness and observation. We must understand more the procedures critical for currencies.
Activity: 84
While doing cryptocurrency, and it's a little more than a year, I use MEW and can not say anything negative about it. It seems not hacked and there were no problems .
Activity: 1246
Merit: 103
This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

Here's some ways to secure your wallet from hackers, don't leave the privatekey on the market that you visit. don't do anything that could harm you online, avoiding wifi that many visitors
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Do not make your wallet suspicious, store a lot of currency on one purse, do not transfer to your own other wallets, thereby tracking your paths. Can withdraw and store money in dollars and then again buy tokens \ currency...
Activity: 574
Merit: 260
I think in order to protect yourself from hacker attacks, you must keep your capital in different purses. Do not store large amounts in one purse.
Activity: 250
Merit: 105
The biggest danger for our wallet is ourselves. Hacking a wallet is almost impossible, if we are careful - we store keys offline, do not click extraneous links, do not go into the wallet from the search
The safety of our wallet was depend on us. They cant hack our wallet if we will be careful to our private keys. Do not give or put it anywhere. Yes, some links are virus so you better to be careful. Havkers will do anything just to get some wallet but they cant do that if you wont going to give them your private keys.
Activity: 124
yes I agree with you, not to make one between the address and private key, because as a bounty hunter when filling the registration form sometimes we make a small mistake copy and paste the private key, but it is the biggest mistake
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
Well if someone lands in crypto space, he should buy one hardware wallet it is not very costly. If he is holding coins in a very large amount then investing 80-90 Euros in hardware wallet shouldn't be a big deal. Or still, don't want to purchase then it is better to dedicate one offline PC fully purpose of crypto wallets & just go online when want to do any transaction, no other web surfing because mistakenly clicking on random links may lead to phishing websites, malware clipboard or auto installation of viruses in PC.
Activity: 83
Protecting my wallet from hackers by simple put my private keys in the safe place. And even my private keys are in my laptop I always compressed on winrar with password so hackers not easily hack it.
Keeping our private keys in laptop or desktop is not safe mate, if your system is safe with antivirus then it’s ok but still it’s not 100% safe. Write your keys in paper or take print out or store it in external hardware. To save your system from hackers you should install internet security.

I agree with you hackers nowadays are great when it comes to compromising some systems, your funds will be safe if you download some wallets that have security systems, and other safe procedures. or just simply right it on your notes for safe keeping.
Activity: 18
The majority users believe that the best safeguard against robbers is by means of in knowledge and practice. Just make sure you learn.
Activity: 75
Many people consider that the best security against hackers consists of know-how and learning. You need to learn the nuts and bolts critical for coins.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Well, I don't know if there is a way that can perfectly protect your waller. First thing to do is choosing key/password strong enought. That sounds pretty silly, but there still have lots of people with very simple passwords to hack.
Then, don't share your details with anyone.
These are the bases to protect your wallet
Activity: 107
Merit: 36
The good advice I think is never to give anyone privacy key or that year to your relatives. Because it is a trigger for hackers to pop up.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 186
Hey all got a question.  If you click on links like that are scammers, does automatically clicking on that link mean your wallets get hacked?  Or its only when you log in later and then it gets hacked because of keylogger?  I saw mcafee wrote a post or someone did where he posted on twitter a link for airdrop or something... that link was virus and then it was said if you clicked on that link, your wallet got emptied.  Some ppl said that happened.  So is this true or not?

The other thing is this.  Im sure lot of people here use something like keepass or lastpass to store their account and information right whether its email or banking or sites or maybe even your wallet phrases?  Now if a hacker hacks your computer, does that mean your keepass is automatically compromised because a hacker could see what is your password to log into your account?  But wouldn't they need access to your actual keepass file though?  Because if a hackers sees your email and password, well they can log into it sometimes but other times not because it would show different device or location etc right?
Pages:
Jump to: