Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers - page 54. (Read 31437 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 256
It is very important to protect your wallet from hackers.You have to take care of some basic things if you don't want someone to hack your wallet.Never ever login into fishing sites.By fishing sites I mean that sites which are similar to the original one but are made only to get your details so that they can hack your wallets.Never ever share the private key to your wallet with someone else.Many people while participating in bounties add their private key instead of their wallet address by mistake.So never commit such mistakes because by doing this you are giving a direct chance to someone to get into your wallet.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
People who cant afford a hardware wallet, the best thing they can do is to store there private keys on a piece of paper. Just take a print out on a paper of your paper wallet and dont store it anywhere online.

Not even on  a notepad file on your computer.

Now, other suggestions I can give is that if you are technically sound, move from windows to linux or mac, it reduces your chances of getting infected with a malware by a big margin.

Eventually, when you can go and buy a hardware wallet, its worth every penny.

Thanks for your opinion,I will technically apply it to myself since Im new here in crypto, protecting my wallet is the best thing to do to avoid the loss of funds and giving my device a secure passageway towards crypto. I made some wallets like myetherwallet and i saved my private key for security purposes.
Activity: 163
I just follow clear rules, that is, always go to walks on a proven link, always look at the block in the browser's line, and perform only a secure login!
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
The most important thing to learn is that you need to be very careful, because it is very often the person who is the most important vulnerability, this has already been proved very much in different situations. So just be more careful.
Activity: 714
Merit: 16
This is really an eye opener because on this forum there has been serious alarms on wallet being hacked. But for people like us who are just into the business and for now can't get the hardware wallet, the only thing I know that is often the advice is not to joke with one's private key because this is the easiest way of your wallet being hacked.
Activity: 588
Merit: 106
The biggest danger for our wallet is ourselves. Hacking a wallet is almost impossible, if we are careful - we store keys offline, do not click extraneous links, do not go into the wallet from the search
Activity: 181
People who cant afford a hardware wallet, the best thing they can do is to store there private keys on a piece of paper. Just take a print out on a paper of your paper wallet and dont store it anywhere online.

Not even on  a notepad file on your computer.

Now, other suggestions I can give is that if you are technically sound, move from windows to linux or mac, it reduces your chances of getting infected with a malware by a big margin.

Eventually, when you can go and buy a hardware wallet, its worth every penny.

Yes, Paper wallet is safe & good for use for without spending money on hardware wallet. But you have to store it in offline.
More details can be found here, https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Paper_wallet
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Protecting my wallet from hackers by simple put my private keys in the safe place. And even my private keys are in my laptop I always compressed on winrar with password so hackers not easily hack it.
Keeping our private keys in laptop or desktop is not safe mate, if your system is safe with antivirus then it’s ok but still it’s not 100% safe. Write your keys in paper or take print out or store it in external hardware. To save your system from hackers you should install internet security.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Creative & digital marketing agency
This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
Hello guy,
Firstly, you should not click to suspicious links on website, your email... If you click to the suspicious links, you may lose your private key. And also use the trust antivirus to protect your computer!
Secondly, You should write your private key on paper and storage it! I think storage on the cloude service is not safe and dont share with anyone.
Thirdly, you should use the trust virtual key board to open the wallet!
And more...
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
idap.io
to be honest, I do not know exactly how to keep it. I obviously use a secure and cautious internet connection, do not use public network and always delete search history
Activity: 238
I'm using Metamask for my ether add,so far I haven't experienced getting hacked and I use different wallet address if I want to join a bounty or trade my token in etherdelta or idex.I also have a different trading accounts secured with 2fa .And the important part is that I keep my private key and password somewhere safe,not on my laptop of cellphone.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
Always be careful with the sites your going into and logging accounts make sure they are legit and the web address is original. Be aware of new scams by reading here in the forum.
Activity: 350
Merit: 105
Protecting my wallet from hackers by simple put my private keys in the safe place. And even my private keys are in my laptop I always compressed on winrar with password so hackers not easily hack it.
Activity: 158
I don't think hackers usually notice your wallet. Hackers are looking for you just like finding sand on the earth. very difficult. You only need to be on an illegal website.
Activity: 252
I use several wallets. I save the basic funds on the hardware wallet. to enter the reserve I use metamask. I plan to buy a separate laptop for offline transactions
Its good to buy separate leptop but as the rules above he said its for specially for using Mew. So actually Mew is already has good protection for its user. Now we need to protect ourselves like not sharing the private key to other, always check the website we enter to make sure no phising.
Activity: 183
Yes, you should not give your private key to anyone else. Secure your all passwords because hackers can easily find your mistake. We should be wise about using our wallets, especially transferring a money.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
To me their are so many ways to protect your account from hackers for example, you can do that by keeping your password and private key at a safe and secure place so no one else can access them.and then you remove it from your email.
Activity: 357
If you are new to the world of crypto currencies there are a lot of ways to safely secure your wallets from those hackers that wants to steal your earnings

Be a good observant to those you entering a site. because you always need to be sure that you are not entering a phising site and never give any details of your info and even a little bit thing that can lead to access to your wallet

And other method you can also use keystore or json file rather than using your private keys in that way is much safer to me than using private keys but we all know this is old methods

Last method. because at this moment there are a lot of hardware wallet that you can buy. but it will always on you what are you choosing and dont forget that it will also always depends on you how you will manage to handle those things to do and keep protecting your wallet in the future.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

Your suggestion is very good, positive and admirable. All those who are not able to buy hardware wallet can keep their coins safe by adopting this trick.
Activity: 205
Pages:
Jump to: