Author

Topic: How to save money. - page 178. (Read 345783 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
April 13, 2015, 03:56:25 PM
Of course people can cut a lot by not eating out, by not buying small gifts for themselves on impulse, you don't need to drink coffree and alcohol at all, smoking is bad... You will be fine living with only mineral water and eating rice with vegetables everyday. But that is not the way, people are saving money just because they want live a better and more luxurious life, and not to be constantly pinching themselves about everything they buy, you can become a hermit and a saint by living by your rules...

I don't save because I want a luxurious life. I save because I want to make sure that I will be able to manage my life when I am old and not be dependent on anybody.
People save because they want to make sure that they are not caught wanting in case there is a medical / other emergency.
People save so that they can leave their loved ones a little legacy when they die.
There are a multitude of reasons for saving.  Smiley
The main reason why the most people save is to secure their future when their got old and they can work, so that they have a money even if they have no work. Saving is not a joke if you start it finish it so you can have a luxurious life with your love ones. It is useful when theres a emergencies and you can use it for your sake but, remember think if your sake is good for you and good for other sake.
Don't be the person that saves every single penny, it's not worth it. You have to keep a balance between spending and saving. I knew many people who wouldn't eat some days just to save $10 for cigs and alcohol or other useless stuff. Money is meant to be spent and enjoyed so once in a while go and buy something for you. You can get old and save as much money as you can but what's the point ? You will probably be old and to tired to do anything with it.
Merit: 250
April 13, 2015, 03:53:08 PM
My advice on saving money would be to  cut unnecessary spending, instead of Pringles just buy a supermarket brand or other versions that are cheaper. Cut cigs, alcohol and other unhealthy stuff if you can, you bought something and didn't use it at all ? Don't be lazy and go refund it. There are many ways to save money and there are many reasons to save money.
Merit: 255
April 13, 2015, 01:47:07 PM
Of course people can cut a lot by not eating out, by not buying small gifts for themselves on impulse, you don't need to drink coffree and alcohol at all, smoking is bad... You will be fine living with only mineral water and eating rice with vegetables everyday. But that is not the way, people are saving money just because they want live a better and more luxurious life, and not to be constantly pinching themselves about everything they buy, you can become a hermit and a saint by living by your rules...

I don't save because I want a luxurious life. I save because I want to make sure that I will be able to manage my life when I am old and not be dependent on anybody.
People save because they want to make sure that they are not caught wanting in case there is a medical / other emergency.
People save so that they can leave their loved ones a little legacy when they die.
The main reason why the most people save is to secure their future when their got old and they can work, so that they have a money even if they have no work. Saving is not a joke if you start it finish it so you can have a luxurious life with your love ones. It is useful when theres a emergencies and you can use it for your sake but, remember think if your sake is good for you and good for other sake.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
April 13, 2015, 01:02:51 PM

April 12, 2015, 10:18:38 PM
I like the OP's idea, but since im too bad at saving, and i like to buy thingies and gadgets, what i do is; i try to buy something of more
quality, so that it lasts me much longer, and the price justifies that.

For those that may have problems saving (like me) heres what you could do to make it easier on yourself saving; on each paycheck skip 3 days,
dont withdraw it on the 1-st (for example), withdraw on 4-th, and the next month on 7-th, its not that hard, and will make it more interesting.. but
in the end, its all about not spending on things you dont need.

Its like George Carlin said: "we buy shit we dont need, with money we dont have, to impress people we dont like" RIP legend

cheers

I like your ideas too. All of these are things I should start doing ASAP. Trying to go from zero to hero in savings, let's see how long it takes.

Well atleast you guys try to become better at saving, the other guys dont even recognize that they got problem with overspending...

Yeah, most people don't realize they can easily city out 10-20% by getting rid of additional expenses/impulse buys. Skip the $4 cup of coffee every day. Don't grab a bag of chips, smokes and a soda every time you get gas, drink water when you go out to eat, change you cable/phone plan (do you even need cable these days???), etc. Cutting your expenses should be your first goal .
Not totally. Why you not eat delicious food and not even buy a things that your life will be easier. This is [Suspicious link removed] point. I mean you can save but not doing that only 20% of your salary you will and then the left in your salary you can spend it by paying bill payments, paying your rentalk house.  You can live with a easier or live better using your savings not your monthly salary.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
April 12, 2015, 08:37:49 PM
I like the OP's idea, but since im too bad at saving, and i like to buy thingies and gadgets, what i do is; i try to buy something of more

For those that may have problems saving (like me) heres what you could do to make it easier on yourself saving; on each paycheck skip 3 days,
dont withdraw it on the 1-st (for example), withdraw on 4-th, and the next month on 7-th, its not that hard, and will make it more interesting.. but

Its like George Carlin said: "we buy shit we dont need, with money we dont have, to impress people we dont like" RIP legend

cheers

I like your ideas too. All of these are things I should start doing ASAP. Trying to go from zero to hero in savings, let's see how long it takes.

Well atleast you guys try to become better at saving, the other guys dont even recognize that they got problem with overspending...

Yeah, most people don't realize they can easily city out 10-20% by getting rid of additional expenses/impulse buys. Skip the $4 cup of coffee every day. Don't grab a bag of chips, smokes and a soda every time you get gas, drink water when you go out to eat, change you cable/phone plan (do you even need cable these days???), etc. Cutting your expenses should be your first goal .
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
April 12, 2015, 07:21:53 PM

cheers

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
April 12, 2015, 03:25:02 PM

cheers

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
April 12, 2015, 03:14:52 PM
I always say when I go shopping, do I need this or can I go without it. The best way to save money is to make goals. I told my Son now that he is working and earning to save at least 15|% of his income for LONG TERM SAVINGS. Also I believe one should look into buying assets too, start with buying gold and silver, save some of that aside as well.  Every year set a goal and also compound your savings in lucrative investments and diversify your portfolio.. In a few years you might find your future reshaped in a much more favorable position by making a few sacrifices today. Don't spend EVERY PENNY you get in your hand.

and another good thing is online shopping in its turn
April 12, 2015, 08:50:10 AM

cheers

Thats the consequence of the savings . Time it takes too much time to use it or too much time to make a big income.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
April 12, 2015, 06:31:14 AM

cheers

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
April 11, 2015, 11:56:38 PM

cheers
April 11, 2015, 10:16:59 PM

Another thing that amazes me:  You hear story after story of "millionaires" (mostly pro athletes) who finance finance finance, and then end up with nothing once the big paycheck stop coming in.  I think one study said 75% of NFL players are broke within 3 years of retirement.  I fully believe this stat when you factor in all the players who only last a year or 2, probably only make the league minimum, and then hae no means to make money after they are done playing.
Some people are just dumb, and clueless when it comes to money. Most people dont know how economy works, nor what economy is.

They dont know how money works, or what money is.

They just think its a thing that gets me goodies, and when the money stops coming they dont know what the fuck happened.

Thos guys mostly have 1 digit IQ so don't bother revealing to them how to responibly handle money. They don't even know what world they live on.
Not really 1 IQ only . Their just not know what will they do with their money . Sometimes their will be spend for their sake they not think what will happened if they spend it for only their sake. But in reality like in here in philippines if you work regularly your salary will be deducted the SSS or GSIS. This will be the method so that the regular worker can save although their salary in not really big.

It's not that, go to a village an ask an average person there "what is money" and they will have no fucking clue.

They will say to you that it's a thing with which they get goods, but their understanding is so primitive that it's hurting me.

A dog understands that if he licks your face he will get food, but there people are just so braindead that it's very embarrasing for me to hold a Masters Degree of economics...

It's horrible how stupid people are nowadays, so don't expect these stupid people to have good decisions with their money when they dont even know          what it is!
I am not referring to an average person that live in village . My point is the person who live in the city that have a regular job with minimum wage. If they not know how to manage  or to spend their wage maybe they first time to have a salary or they don't know what they are going to do with their salary.
April 11, 2015, 09:28:28 PM

Another thing that amazes me:  You hear story after story of "millionaires" (mostly pro athletes) who finance finance finance, and then end up with nothing once the big paycheck stop coming in.  I think one study said 75% of NFL players are broke within 3 years of retirement.  I fully believe this stat when you factor in all the players who only last a year or 2, probably only make the league minimum, and then hae no means to make money after they are done playing.
Some people are just dumb, and clueless when it comes to money. Most people dont know how economy works, nor what economy is.

They just think its a thing that gets me goodies, and when the money stops coming they dont know what the fuck happened.

Thos guys mostly have 1 digit IQ so don't bother revealing to them how to responibly handle money. They don't even know what world they live on.
Not really 1 IQ only . Their just not know what will they do with their money . Sometimes their will be spend for their sake they not think what will happened if they spend it for only their sake. But in reality like in here in philippines if you work regularly your salary will be deducted the SSS or GSIS. This will be the method so that the regular worker can save although their salary in not really big.

It's not that, go to a village an ask an average person there "what is money" and they will have no fucking clue.

They will say to you that it's a thing with which they get goods, but their understanding is so primitive that it's hurting me.

A dog understands that if he licks your face he will get food, but there people are just so braindead that it's very embarrasing for me to hold a Masters Degree of economics...

It's horrible how stupid people are nowadays, so don't expect these stupid people to have good decisions with their money when they dont even know          what it is!
April 11, 2015, 09:22:17 PM

April 11, 2015, 08:51:28 PM

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
April 10, 2015, 03:31:50 PM
Agreed.

True Story   - I once knew a person who was a fresh graduate and had a Credit Card with almost USD $1000 in outstanding balance. She borrowed roughly USD $400 from her parents to pay for daily expenses; food/transportation etc. Upon getting a entry level job that paid USD $1600 a month, she didn't pay back her family or put most of it to cover the Credit Card. Instead she went shopping and out with friends and had to borrow another USD $300 from her family again. Her 4 months working should be been enough to cover her initial outstanding balance as well save some money for the future but the Credit Card became approximately USD $2000 outstanding and owing her family amount USD $1300.

The credit card industry thrives because of the stupidity of people. I will never be able to fathom how people roll over their credit card debt, even when they know that they are paying such a high rate of interest on them.

It really is mind boggling.  Many people just don't have the discipline to save in order to purchase, and are happy to go into debt for consumption.  If it's for basic needs, I understand, but even then, taking on another form of debt like a line of credit with a much lower rate of interest would be the way to go.

Credit cards offer security, insurance, rewards and a quick form of payment to me, so I enjoy using it, but with the intent to pay it off monthly.

Activity: 364
April 10, 2015, 03:10:34 PM
Agreed.

True Story   - I once knew a person who was a fresh graduate and had a Credit Card with almost USD $1000 in outstanding balance. She borrowed roughly USD $400 from her parents to pay for daily expenses; food/transportation etc. Upon getting a entry level job that paid USD $1600 a month, she didn't pay back her family or put most of it to cover the Credit Card. Instead she went shopping and out with friends and had to borrow another USD $300 from her family again. Her 4 months working should be been enough to cover her initial outstanding balance as well save some money for the future but the Credit Card became approximately USD $2000 outstanding and owing her family amount USD $1300.

The credit card industry thrives because of the stupidity of people. I will never be able to fathom how people roll over their credit card debt, even when they know that they are paying such a high rate of interest on them.

It really is mind boggling.  Many people just don't have the discipline to save in order to purchase, and are happy to go into debt for consumption.  If it's for basic needs, I understand, but even then, taking on another form of debt like a line of credit with a much lower rate of interest would be the way to go.

Credit cards offer security, insurance, rewards and a quick form of payment to me, so I enjoy using it, but with the intent to pay it off monthly.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
April 10, 2015, 02:17:37 PM

Saving habits are a must if we want to eradicate poverty in the longer term.

As we've seen over and over again in recent years, it's savers who are punished and the debtors are pandered to. That seems to be an attitude that's hard wired into most governments. That might take paradigm shifts or generations to change.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
April 10, 2015, 02:12:42 PM
Agreed.

This is unfortunately how in many western countries the middles classes have been eradicated and the poor have gone well under the poverty line. From the Governments riddled by debt and blatant brainwashing of the masses to do better than the Jones'es next door by borrowing money to purchase 'things' that mostly depreciate in value, this has become the most nonsensical part of our human development to date. We really need to re educate ourselves and our children on how to become self sufficient and productive members ofsociety at large. Saving habits are a must if we want to eradicate poverty in the longer term.
Jump to: