Author

Topic: How to save money. - page 179. (Read 345783 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
April 10, 2015, 11:09:24 AM
Agreed.

True Story   - I once knew a person who was a fresh graduate and had a Credit Card with almost USD $1000 in outstanding balance. She borrowed roughly USD $400 from her parents to pay for daily expenses; food/transportation etc. Upon getting a entry level job that paid USD $1600 a month, she didn't pay back her family or put most of it to cover the Credit Card. Instead she went shopping and out with friends and had to borrow another USD $300 from her family again. Her 4 months working should be been enough to cover her initial outstanding balance as well save some money for the future but the Credit Card became approximately USD $2000 outstanding and owing her family amount USD $1300.

The credit card industry thrives because of the stupidity of people. I will never be able to fathom how people roll over their credit card debt, even when they know that they are paying such a high rate of interest on them.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
April 10, 2015, 03:34:20 AM

How to save money.  Let me think.  Maybe don't spend it?  Fucking retard

The amount of non-english speaking retards on this forum makes me sick

Learn how to speak and write english properly before you post you fucking faggot
How to save money ? Dont spend it? of course you will not spend it . If you are not satisfied in my english dont read my thread and you are good in english but you don't have respect . You are a Hero Member but you are insulting the beginners and the newbie how would we join in discussion if someone like you don't understand the situation of the beginner? IDIOT!11
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
April 10, 2015, 03:17:20 AM

Learn how to speak and write english properly before you post you fucking faggot

Instead of hurling insults to non-native English speakers, you should at least try to understand them on what they are trying to say. OP actually has some good points on saving money, but it isn't that much clearly defined because of grammatical errors and different typographical errors as well. If you don't want  to read posts like this, why in the first place would you bother clicking the topic and read it if it's making you sick? This reply has gone way too off-topic.

Just my two cents.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
April 10, 2015, 12:43:52 AM
This is my first post. Please do respect

My post intention is to help readers to save their money.

Some of the employee are not saving their money. They spend it on things that they dont need. For example gadgets,buying a concert ticket, accesories, etc.Buying things that not they need is also like a wasting money. Because this thing give a happiness  not a good life. Saving money is just like securing your future because your savings can help you in emergencies. These are the way to save money .
If you are empolyee. You must save atleast 20% of your salary. The 20% of your salary divides into two .

The 1st way : cash reserves- medical insurance, retirement, life insurance  and if you not have salary yet. And emergency. But dont spend all of you 10% in this emergency. You must know if the injury is serious o not before you spend the 10%.
The cash reserves must equal of your 6 months salary this will help you and ensure you becauas of you loss your job you have extra money .

The 2nd way : investment, business- you can invest in some company so that you have a extra income. And you can also built a small business that will always have an income like apartment.

Example. My wage is $ 7.5 per hour and i work for 8 hours and i work for 20 days. So thar my salary is $1,160 . The 20% of $1,160 is $232 .
So that my cash reserves is $ 116 i can spend this money in emergencies and medical insurance.
If my 6 month salary is $6,960 i can stop my saving money in cash reserves.

Thank you .
well thanks for this advice its really helpful
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
April 09, 2015, 11:54:13 PM

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
April 09, 2015, 11:28:51 PM
A very sensible approach IMO. Money brings out the evil in an awful lot of people. If they sniff it then they'll take and take and take. People will throw away their deepest relationships for financial gain sometimes.

Agreed.

True Story   - I once knew a person who was a fresh graduate and had a Credit Card with almost USD $1000 in outstanding balance. She borrowed roughly USD $400 from her parents to pay for daily expenses; food/transportation etc. Upon getting a entry level job that paid USD $1600 a month, she didn't pay back her family or put most of it to cover the Credit Card. Instead she went shopping and out with friends and had to borrow another USD $300 from her family again. Her 4 months working should be been enough to cover her initial outstanding balance as well save some money for the future but the Credit Card became approximately USD $2000 outstanding and owing her family amount USD $1300.

Money is not easy to manage and takes time to learn but not learning to become a responsible adult is another thing. I know she is slowly clearing those outstanding balances now and no longer taking expensive trips but still doubt her ability.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
April 09, 2015, 03:57:58 PM

It's better to not keep people like that in your life, as hard as that can be sometimes. 

Unfortunately one can never quite tell until the vital moment has passed. As soon as I get a sniff of it these days then they're cut out of my life for all eternity. The world is harsh enough as it is. No point in surrounding yourself with worthless people.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
April 09, 2015, 03:47:53 PM
All good advice. And...don't tell everybody that you have saved money, and don't give it away to anyone who asks. Be the guy that mysteriously can keep dry on a rainy day, and get out of trouble. Like a cat that always can land on its feet. (I wish I knew when I was young...)

Why help others when you can look cool?

Welcome to 2015 everyone!

A very sensible approach IMO. Money brings out the evil in an awful lot of people. If they sniff it then they'll take and take and take. People will throw away their deepest relationships for financial gain sometimes.

It's better to not keep people like that in your life, as hard as that can be sometimes. 
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
April 09, 2015, 03:05:12 PM
All good advice. And...don't tell everybody that you have saved money, and don't give it away to anyone who asks. Be the guy that mysteriously can keep dry on a rainy day, and get out of trouble. Like a cat that always can land on its feet. (I wish I knew when I was young...)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
April 09, 2015, 02:42:19 PM
I also live in philoppines . But my example is the current wage in the US, so that their wage is enough to live and they have also a savings. In the philippines the wage of employee is not enough to live, theres many expences, like paying bills, foods and etc. But, if you want really to save, its up to you not in your wage. You have choices save your money if you really want or dont save thats easy.
Are you fuckingkidding me? You are crying about your wages but here in my country you have so low wage that you work 8 hours a day every fucking day except weekends and what do you get?
Fucking 300-400€ per MONTH!!!

Same in the Philippines. The so-called "minimum wage system" is too low for a normal worker to live decently in this country. Also, you cannot take that 300€ as a whole in here; savings, utilities, bills, taxes and other expenses leave a minimum wage earner with more or less 150€ for the whole month. Some are even forced to take a loan in the banks, which makes their situation even more dreadful than it was before. We are not crying about our wages. We can live with it, and we did for many decades now. It's just a matter of right budget allocation and avoiding the "wants" of the people that aren't important. But yes, the wage is too low for the people to even bother opening a savings account, or even saving per se. Different wage hike had been proposed, but the government is too corrupt to even bother listening to the moans and cries of the general public.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
April 09, 2015, 10:51:27 AM
Don't spend EVERY PENNY you get in your hand.

Most people cannot handle this.  And to make matters worse they spend every penny they DON'T even have (credit cards).  Then you are constantly playing catch up with your credit card balances, and will never get ahead.
April 09, 2015, 09:42:45 AM
I always say when I go shopping, do I need this or can I go without it. The best way to save money is to make goals. I told my Son now that he is working and earning to save at least 15|% of his income for LONG TERM SAVINGS. Also I believe one should look into buying assets too, start with buying gold and silver, save some of that aside as well.  Every year set a goal and also compound your savings in lucrative investments and diversify your portfolio.. In a few years you might find your future reshaped in a much more favorable position by making a few sacrifices today. Don't spend EVERY PENNY you get in your hand.
Yeah to make sure that you would save is to make a goal or you have need to buy a something that make you assets. And thats great because early savings can make a big profit if you invest it.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
April 09, 2015, 09:20:34 AM
I always say when I go shopping, do I need this or can I go without it. The best way to save money is to make goals. I told my Son now that he is working and earning to save at least 15|% of his income for LONG TERM SAVINGS. Also I believe one should look into buying assets too, start with buying gold and silver, save some of that aside as well.  Every year set a goal and also compound your savings in lucrative investments and diversify your portfolio.. In a few years you might find your future reshaped in a much more favorable position by making a few sacrifices today. Don't spend EVERY PENNY you get in your hand.
April 09, 2015, 02:24:04 AM
I also live in philoppines . But my example is the current wage in the US, so that their wage is enough to live and they have also a savings. In the philippines the wage of employee is not enough to live, theres many expences, like paying bills, foods and etc. But, if you want really to save, its up to you not in your wage. You have choices save your money if you really want or dont save thats easy.
Are you fuckingkidding me? You are crying about your wages but here in my country you have so low wage that you work 8 hours a day every fucking day except weekends and what do you get?

Sorry, which country is this if you don't mind me asking?  Huh
That currency is euro the country that use this currency are,Austria ,Belgium,  Germany Netherlands, Ireland  etc. This is the most currency in europe.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
April 09, 2015, 02:02:58 AM

What do you mean? Should he rather give away his saved money to anyone who asks? What about you?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
April 08, 2015, 10:12:21 PM

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
April 08, 2015, 06:35:24 PM

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
April 08, 2015, 04:30:30 PM

Sorry, which country is this if you don't mind me asking?  Huh
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Infleum
April 08, 2015, 03:56:13 PM

I know what you feel. I know people who earn about €400 a month and it's impossible to save anything. You just have enough to pay the bills and buy food, you're basically a slave.
Nobody should live like that, and really it can get even worse when you get old or sick and can no longer work.
April 08, 2015, 03:29:09 PM
Dont blame me if your wage only 300€ . Blame your economy and your senators that corrupt the taxes that you pay.
Jump to: