Pages:
Author

Topic: How to spot a Scams - page 3. (Read 11048 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
May 15, 2019, 03:18:50 AM
In my experience in choosing a ICO bounties is hard, some of them it looks legit but turns out to be a scam but their are ways to increase your chance in picking the right ICO.
You can spot it easily by checking the project first and visit their ANN thread, check their team, their website and join the telegram group. A good project will have an activity on their ANN thread and their telegram group. If no activity and chat only full people asking bounty, then leave.
copper member
Activity: 518
Merit: 0
May 15, 2019, 03:14:20 AM
In my experience in choosing a ICO bounties is hard, some of them it looks legit but turns out to be a scam but their are ways to increase your chance in picking the right ICO.
Activity: 352
Merit: 1
October 10, 2018, 06:50:29 AM
I really hope the telegram group can sincerely help to identify scam project for long but my fair is,  once those scam project start giving them money,  they won't pick them as scam. Just like all this ico rating site,  initially,  they were rating coin genuily but now, I doubt if they give poor rating for a project owner that tip them.
Activity: 932
Merit: 100
arcs-chain.com
October 10, 2018, 04:12:29 AM
I think it's not too difficult to recognize a Scam project. First, get to know each member of the project team. Then the Website, the white paper of the project must be professional, not plagiarism. The concept of the project is also very important, it must be clear and realistic.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
October 10, 2018, 03:46:17 AM
It’s so hard to know that the ICO are scams. Unless if you’ve been a victim before. Have you heard about Myshield the first decentralized Anti-Scam platform that will definitely help us eliminate and destroy those Scams in Crypto industry. If not now then when? So join the community now. t.me/MyShield_TM

To know and identify a scam is to check first their ICO project if it is still updating, then if it is still updating check the white paper and the amount of the softcap and hardcap so that you will know if they will reach or they can reach the amount if not then they might pay the member with small amount of token or they might not continue the ICO project. Some of the project that is not updating it then it is also a scam.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
October 10, 2018, 03:23:39 AM
If you see an opportunity that is too good to be truth you should be careful because that is a scam opportunity.  Many people invest into a projects because of the ways there rate the opportunity in it by buying after reading white paper and if you invest you will find out that there are scam.  
Do not be easy to be provoked in a detrimental investment with a very large profit offer because this could only be a loss for us always careful in choosing investment
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 10, 2018, 03:18:51 AM
Investors must also be aware of the roadmap that is "too good to be true" / too good for reality. For example: they promise 100% of their ICO will be the second Bitcoin and promise lots of prospects or high ROI (Return on Investment). Most companies that express sentences like this are usually fake companies like Bitconnect which can only give sweet promises and sell dreams, this is because the value of a company cannot be measured based on their expectations and is only a market that can determine whether a company has the right have this value. But the company could be "market make" or the term "frying" their own coin prices, but this is not often the case and it is very unhealthy to expect something "not necessarily" to happen.
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
October 10, 2018, 03:14:41 AM
If you see an opportunity that is too good to be truth you should be careful because that is a scam opportunity.  Many people invest into a projects because of the ways there rate the opportunity in it by buying after reading white paper and if you invest you will find out that there are scam. 
Activity: 406
October 10, 2018, 03:05:07 AM
Scam ico is hard to know but i will say you should study whitepaper well and check there team and know if they have product..
Activity: 348
Merit: 100
October 10, 2018, 02:59:45 AM
Also look for information about events. If a team goes with its project to people, shows its faces and achievements, then there is a chance that the project is real.
Activity: 336
October 07, 2018, 02:31:14 AM
The main thing is not to believe the hype. And to study the ico project yourself. Before participation, or investment: carefully and thoroughly check the project, go to the website, read the project document, look at the bounty Manager. I'm not an analyst ico, but these simple steps eliminated most of the fraud. ((For me)
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
August 25, 2018, 07:32:06 AM
It’s so hard to know that the ICO are scams. Unless if you’ve been a victim before. Have you heard about Myshield the first decentralized Anti-Scam platform that will definitely help us eliminate and destroy those Scams in Crypto industry. If not now then when? So join the community now. t.me/MyShield_TM

There are multiple ways to spot scam coins but really there is no one size fits all when it comes to spotting scam coins. First if a project does not have faces behind it then you should be very wary of that project as there is every possibility that it is a scam. Also read the whitepaper, if it is full of grammatical errors then just know that you are dealing with a scam coin.
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
August 22, 2018, 07:06:47 PM
I Agree that Myshield will us with scams however it will not guarantee that we will never get scammed because of myshield. Its not 100% protection. But with the help of study and knowledge you will avoid scammers. So before you participate its best to read and study the project first.
Activity: 91
August 22, 2018, 07:02:43 PM
I don't trust have a lot of trust in third party sites to take care of my interests for me, for this same reason we are trying to stay away from the banks, almost always those sites of recommendations are open to payments from outside in exchange for a good rating, so it happens with ICObench too, that's why it has fallen into disgrace, the best thing is to go back to the old ways, read the whitepaper a little, find out what is happening inside the community by discord or telegram and see how the project is going, that can give you good indications if it will be a good project or not.
Activity: 80
August 22, 2018, 07:00:48 PM
I think there is no current app or system that could make you avoid scammers, I think people should keep checking on their own to see if the project they want to invest in is reliable.
Activity: 532
August 22, 2018, 06:59:01 PM
It not so easy to get some scam ICOs because some of them have good start but bad end.... I think the best thing to do is to make research.
Activity: 238
August 22, 2018, 06:20:38 PM
You need a lot of experience spotting a scam. Even you know the basics of the introduction of ICO like ANN thread, whitepaper, reasonable payouts on campaign and trusted manager, still it has a possibility to be a scam. If you have a skill like a psycholigist then you can differentiate it.

I agree with you. There are many give aways that point towards an ICO being a scam but the only way for sure its by doing the proper research.
  I see you are well versed in how to define a scam project from a startup? Help me in choosing a company for investment?
I've invested in this project MPCX is a digital block-driven financial services platform. MPCX
is designed to serve entities' and individual's needs in the areas of digital
wealth management, cryptocurrency exchange and trading, digital banking,
crypto research and ICO promotion, and crypto lending.

I believe that this is one of not many projects with which you can cooperate. How do you think?
Activity: 994
Merit: 515
Get'em boys
August 19, 2018, 04:13:10 PM
You need a lot of experience spotting a scam. Even you know the basics of the introduction of ICO like ANN thread, whitepaper, reasonable payouts on campaign and trusted manager, still it has a possibility to be a scam. If you have a skill like a psycholigist then you can differentiate it.

I agree with you. There are many give aways that point towards an ICO being a scam but the only way for sure its by doing the proper research.
Activity: 504
Merit: 104
August 19, 2018, 04:07:27 PM
There is another way how to recognize scammers. Honest team members and administration should have contacts so that anyone with a question can contact them. Scammers sometimes do not expose
Activity: 95
August 19, 2018, 04:00:04 PM
In our time it is very difficult to determine whether fraud is really wrong. Any company can be a scam. Here as in roulette for luck.
Pages:
Jump to: