Pages:
Author

Topic: How to spot a Scams - page 5. (Read 11048 times)

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
August 17, 2018, 05:21:09 PM
An investor has to make several analysis to find out a scam. The project and company need to be transparent. If he cannot not find out their real team, token sale numbers, updates on product development then be careful.

No, if anything seems suspicious do not invest and move on to another coin, there are many projects that have been caught using fake profiles and fake pictures and despite being exposed on the forum and other websites over the Internet the investors do not even take the time to look for that information.

So if an investor gets scammed even when that information is widely available then he is completely guilty for his own losses since he needs to do everything to make sure the money he has is invested in a legitimate project and not in a scam, so check everything even if the whitepaper has a small mistake you must analyze it in a deep way, after all if there is a mistake there, how many mistakes are there that you are unable to see?
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
August 17, 2018, 03:25:21 AM
it's hard to know, but for me I do not want to join some Icons that have a low member in the telegram and are not active, and followers of Twitter are not big or in fb, and if you want to join some campaigns, try to join trusted managers, so that you are protected from scammers, try also to read their roadmap, as well as their partnership and website.
Activity: 22
August 17, 2018, 02:47:14 AM
MyShield says the concept is good but the sign of knowing a scam ICO is really hard. Making the ICO fake website is likely to become a hot trend for scammers this year. In the past year 2017 there have been many cases like this and have caused many people to lose a lot of money, of course, the scammers are the most beneficiaries and this is a good way to use. But there is much prey stabbed in.
Activity: 109
August 17, 2018, 02:34:56 AM
Its so hard to find a scam ico for now because even scam they have the roadmap and whitepaper for props. You need to do a deep research regarding the project if they have a product and the team also important.
Activity: 523
Merit: 300
August 17, 2018, 02:30:23 AM
High hard cap amount, anything more than $15 million, and they just want your money. Youngsters with no experience floating a company on a whitepaper, always go through their linkedin profile. If they do not have 10 years or more of experience, they are likely to go down. No cliff period or token locking for team. Less than 75% tokens open/sold to public. Sketchy website etc etc.
Activity: 258
Merit: 2
August 16, 2018, 02:06:17 PM
Hello pal! You can spot scam project if that certain project do not have any goods or services to offer. But it seems like, even a scammer have a looks of legitimate ICO, that's make it difficult to discover or to find out that's a scam. Be careful when investing you might lose it. Cheers!
Activity: 90
August 16, 2018, 01:40:20 PM
Scams are always a great problem for ICO. To spot a scam we can check the security of ICO, the information which is given that is checked someone else or not ,we need to a security alert.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
August 14, 2018, 05:14:00 PM
The best way to stop scams is to do it yourself.  Don't get scammed.
Might sound too simple but that's what's necessary.

Anyone that approaches an ico without being greedy, foolish and naive, will take the time to really understand the company they are giving money to.
Things like seeing and trying out the product, talking to the devs and team, fact checking their claims, reading their business plan etc.
Anyone that doesn't do this just blows my mind.
Why on earth would you give money to somebody or something that you know nothing about?
If I told you that I have a friend that can double your money, all you have to do is give me $100, would you do it?
Wouldn't you want to know who he is, what he is doing, and if it's real and reliable.
Are you just going to take me for my word?

As far as developing a platform to stop scams go, that itself seems very scammy to me.
Like someone trying to sell me a product i don't need.
Activity: 112
August 14, 2018, 05:09:54 PM
Cryptocurrency scam is a big obstacle We should come out of here. Myshield has a nice platform for this. it is anti scam platform. It is very secure and promising. I think we can reduce the scams. Thank you for sharing the link.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Vena.Network
August 14, 2018, 04:21:20 PM
Oh, I hope I found a topic where I could see some advices for scam avoid but I see advertisement instead Undecided
The problem is that we already have a lot of platforms that "helps" us to spot scammers. But they become scam itself. Like almost every ICO rating.
"Make your own research" is not just a few words.
Activity: 203
Merit: 3
August 14, 2018, 03:50:32 PM
ONE OF  the main problems the crypto industry is facing now is scams. with them ranging from all over the place, with new tactics., For bounty projects, one needs to be keen on the token allocation, a proper project needs to be balanced over the toke allocation with fair distribution.  look into the project team and verify their identity, you should be able to prve if they realy are who they say they are
Activity: 924
Merit: 106
homt.net
August 14, 2018, 03:33:40 PM
There is no way how to spot scam at the beginning. Scammers always look like more trustworthy than a real project with real vision. And that is the main problem.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
August 14, 2018, 03:31:49 PM
I'll tell you a secret that it's only possible to determine whether or not fraud is true if you are personally acquainted with the project team. In other cases, how lucky!
Activity: 222
August 14, 2018, 03:25:35 PM
An investor has to make several analysis to find out a scam. The project and company need to be transparent. If he cannot not find out their real team, token sale numbers, updates on product development then be careful.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
August 14, 2018, 03:19:11 PM
It’s so hard to know that the ICO are scams. Unless if you’ve been a victim before. Have you heard about Myshield the first decentralized Anti-Scam platform that will definitely help us eliminate and destroy those Scams in Crypto industry. If not now then when? So join the community now. t.me/MyShield_TM
We have seen a lot of scams and there are members who are exposing it so your question is when have been answered. We are trying to fight the scams ever since but we can't really stop them because they are very intelligent elusive and people are gullible to invest their hard earn money. If you think that you can exposed and destroy scams then good for your project. So please go back again and tell us how many scams you busted already so we have a good gauge otherwise this is just another way of promoting your so called Anti-scam platform.
Activity: 63
August 14, 2018, 03:07:34 PM
Exposing a scam is a difficult task for the newbies. One can look through the white paper of the ICO, their social media channels and how many subscribers they are holding etc. Without digging authentic info, no one should step forward.
Activity: 84
August 14, 2018, 02:56:26 PM
There is no easy way to spot a scam. However, before making any financial move in the crypto market one needs to do some research about the project and the ICOs. It might reduce the risk of being scammed.
Activity: 364
Merit: 138
dApps Development Automation Platform
August 14, 2018, 02:54:54 PM
It is often enough to look at the logo and the name of the project.
This is the first level of checking for me and I can assure you that 8-9 projects out of 10 do not pass it.
No matter how trite it sounds, try to find a project that can't be a scam Wink
Activity: 116
August 14, 2018, 08:51:51 AM
If you have some doubt on some ICOs then you can search their present projects and products and their team. If you can verify the team easily you can trust them. And beware of there unknown links and malware downloads.
Activity: 257
August 13, 2018, 07:14:42 PM
There is no such ways to spot a scam otherwise you or your close one became the victim once before! But you can look for their projects and products to ensure yourself to recognize true or false. Don’t trust anyone if they offer you an unrealistic profit from them.
Pages:
Jump to: