Author

Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ? - page 118. (Read 173056 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Gambling is fun and provides entertainment. If you are afraid of getting addicted then try to avoid any device where you can gamble.
Else, just play and have some entertainment in your life.

At least, that is the main reason why I gamble.
Never entertain gambling games, you can go to gym and workout all day if you cannot manage gambling properly. Gambling is the most destructing things in life especially when you are addicted to it. Don't gamble if you cannot manage your emotions.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Gambling is fun and provides entertainment. If you are afraid of getting addicted then try to avoid any device where you can gamble.
Else, just play and have some entertainment in your life.

At least, that is the main reason why I gamble.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Put your bitcoin in a wallet. Write the private key on a paper. Hide the paper. Done.

it might be effective, but it will only be effective for a short temporary time. because you are the one who have created the wallet and hid the private keys on a paper, so you know where they are and you can access it anytime you want. and a gambling addict will easily sweep the paper wallet and gamble with it.
The best thing to stay away for gambling is that you have to find some distraction and that is important otherwise you are losing to much money with it and that is bad.
But gambling is not that bad if you are doing it for fun but you must dont make yourself poor.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
To stay away from gambling, you must get married or you must love a person or your pet animal. If you already a married person, then you must love your children or spouse.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Any suggestions are welcome  Smiley

Regards
I could seriously use some help in this subject.

I find it handy to keep a journal of your bets. Overtime when you look back and see that if you hadn't gambled you could have had 3BTC, then you realise that you need to stop. Hope this helps.  Smiley
To lose away your addiction, you should try to find some hobby that could occupy your time so that you don't waste your time on gambling. You could do some sports, going out with friends, play video games ,etc. If your mind is occupied with that, you'll forget little by little about gambling.

If you are super addicted to gambling, you could try to play gambling but with a fake money. (like those games). It will feed off your addiction without risking any money.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Regards

I find it handy to keep a journal of your bets. Overtime when you look back and see that if you hadn't gambled you could have had 3BTC, then you realise that you need to stop. Hope this helps.  Smiley

Well that is most of the time the problem about gambling you will never know when your gonna lose or when you gonna gain, and you will never realized how much money you have lose with it because you don't keep track of it.
Activity: 378
hi

Regards

Activity: 700
My advice is "get a hobby"! Find something to do in your life that will preoccupy your mind, so that it will take up all your thoughts and get rid of the urge to gamble!  Wink
legendary
Make sure you don't play to often and keep it just a time in the month. Don't play to much and take with you
what you want to spent so you cant lose more. Be careful and dont let the game addicting you.

Well in cutting your number of playing will indeed lower your number of losses but I think the best thing to do is to limit your bets and just bet the amount you can afford to loss that will be a great plan in lessening your losses and your expense in gambling.

I agree, in my experience it doesn't matter how many times you gamble as long as you have funds you will gamble and never stop. if you want to try and stay away from gambling or at least gamble with less loss you should restrict the amount of money you have in your gambling bankroll.

Yup! indeed in restricting your expenses with gambling will surely lessen your losses and that is a great thing to do if you really don't want to lose that much in gambling, you can surely just lessen your amount that you are using with your bet.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
Make sure you don't play to often and keep it just a time in the month. Don't play to much and take with you
what you want to spent so you cant lose more. Be careful and dont let the game addicting you.

Well in cutting your number of playing will indeed lower your number of losses but I think the best thing to do is to limit your bets and just bet the amount you can afford to loss that will be a great plan in lessening your losses and your expense in gambling.

I agree, in my experience it doesn't matter how many times you gamble as long as you have funds you will gamble and never stop. if you want to try and stay away from gambling or at least gamble with less loss you should restrict the amount of money you have in your gambling bankroll.
legendary

Activity: 239
Activity: 952
Put your bitcoin in a wallet. Write the private key on a paper. Hide the paper. Done.

it doesn't matter how much you hide your paper wallet, or where you put the private key.. you will reach for it if you are a real addict. The solution would be to lock your bitcoins and make them frozen so you can't withdraw from the wallet, but a hardcore addict might start getting in trouble if it can't have his gambling fix, so you never know.
Yes that is true, a real gambling addict will do everything just to have money to gamble, and most of them are overall losers and they keep chasing their bets because they don't accept defeat and by doing it they keep losing regularly and the worst thing will happen is to go bankrupt.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

it doesn't matter how much you hide your paper wallet, or where you put the private key.. you will reach for it if you are a real addict. The solution would be to lock your bitcoins and make them frozen so you can't withdraw from the wallet, but a hardcore addict might start getting in trouble if it can't have his gambling fix, so you never know.
Activity: 952
how bout trying to do something else?
or maybe you could find another hobby

This is maybe the most suggested on how to stay away. But the problem in this is, It still depends on the person on how motivated he/she is. I'm pretty sure that there are still some time that you'll get alone, bored and has nothing to do. If the gambler can control the urge to play then he will definite can do it.
Yes, the more gamblers more accessible to the public the more people get addicted to it, I see this as an opportunity to enjoy while we are at the comfort of our own house but to some it may be the stepping stone that will lead them in ruining their lives. If you find gambling bad for you then stay away from it by not participating in any gambling forms.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

This is maybe the most suggested on how to stay away. But the problem in this is, It still depends on the person on how motivated he/she is. I'm pretty sure that there are still some time that you'll get alone, bored and has nothing to do. If the gambler can control the urge to play then he will definite can do it.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

That's a good suggestion but it should more exciting than doing gambling, if you gamble regularly that simply means you love the excitement it brings and your are entertainment by risking a certain amount of money, I think their is no greater hobby that would let anyone leave gambling except hot chicks. LOL Grin
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Activity: 420
yeah it really helps to be good if you hold paper money to redeem a long period of time so that you will not be able to redeem when you really want to gamble. that's very helpful
I myself always keep the money hidden place
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Well its your control how you keep away from gambling, well if you want suggestion i tel you to exchange your btc to fiat or store it in a cold storage or you just can find any other activities like gambling to keep yourself busy , so that you dont think about gambling, gambling is always risky game, well if you cant afford it, then dont go for gambling.
Jump to: