Author

Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ? - page 165. (Read 173056 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Gambling is an addiction like any other else, I would suggest to be practical, is to see a psychologist or a psychiatrist.  Wink

Actually this is not a bad idea at all. Gambling if you may is basically a presenting problem of a much bigger problem you got. Once you were able to deal with it, gambling will be much easier to take on.
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
Gambling is an addiction like any other else, I would suggest to be practical, is to see a psychologist or a psychiatrist.  Wink
Activity: 2646
Merit: 587
I heard somewhere that addiction comes from a lack of familial and friendly support. I guess one option is to associate yourself more with friends and family, to see if that can distract you from your habit of gambling. Hobbies, as previously suggested, can also divert your attention from gambling. You should focus on the entertainment value of gambling if you choose to continue, rather than the possibility of profiting. Perhaps that will set a threshold for stopping?
Yes very correct, if you get to talk more with family and friends and try to spend some spare time with friends rather than family then you will find it very easy to leave gambling. In fact spend that gambling money to watch some movie for 3 hours.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
You should keep your BTC in Coinbase or Xapo vault with a withdrawal delay, that way you won't be able to gamble.
if you're a gambler addicts. you Will still want to play, even if your money on hold. you would have to borrow money

Exactly! That's why there should be another way apart from not having access to your money.

I suggest to sit and think about what you like to do the most. If it is gambling then you should go to a doctor, but if it's something else like reading books or meeting with your friends then you might try spending your money on books or on your friends rather than on gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
You should keep your BTC in Coinbase or Xapo vault with a withdrawal delay, that way you won't be able to gamble.

It is just the same whether it has a delay on their withdrawal or not. After some confirmation your deposit will be on your gambling wallet so you will gambling again and this will keep you stay away from coinbase or xapo because of slower. This is not a really good to stay away from gambling but tell us to stay away using both of them
Activity: 210
Get a girlfriend who will kick your ass if you gamble

Yesss. best idea get a girlfriend and u won't have money to gamble anyways
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
Just think of how much you lost, then when you do get bitcoins put it in a bitcoin physical wallet and just don't use it, getting over gambling is tuff, but when you are down then better to just stop. If you can't stop there may be group services near you that can help you.

It might work for some, but for an addicted gambler the one that is loaning money for gambling it is very difficult for him because addiction through gambling has an urge in playing it than making any profit, because in his mind he might win big with it.

That is 100% true, I guess the gambler has to understand the loss and want to quit in order to stop.

I can see why online gambling is illegal in many countries, it can really destroy a person, I was quite addicted and lost ALOT of bitcoins, but I quit and I  just keep all my bitcoins in my xapo wallet, once I have enough I will print a physical wallet and wont touch it.

That is a right way in keeping your money and in gambling yes in other countries they had ban gambling for good but in some they are embracing it because of so much income they get with it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
if you're a gambler addicts. you Will still want to play, even if your money on hold. you would have to borrow money

Seriously? I wouldn't do that. A 48 hour delay is just too great for me Cheesy

your addiction level is not as high as him. it's hard for you to imagine problem of other people at higher stage than you that you haven't been before, but it's a common problem out there, it's exists.
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032
★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★
it will not solve the problem. I have a girlfriend. but she did not meddle in my affairs

haha fair enough, I had the same problem but my gf was like you stop or I leave. I flipped a coin and she got lucky  Cheesy
Activity: 330
Merit: 256
it will not solve the problem. I have a girlfriend. but she did not meddle in my affairs
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032
★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★
Activity: 266
Invulner

Seriously? I wouldn't do that. A 48 hour delay is just too great for me Cheesy
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Just think of how much you lost, then when you do get bitcoins put it in a bitcoin physical wallet and just don't use it, getting over gambling is tuff, but when you are down then better to just stop. If you can't stop there may be group services near you that can help you.

It might work for some, but for an addicted gambler the one that is loaning money for gambling it is very difficult for him because addiction through gambling has an urge in playing it than making any profit, because in his mind he might win big with it.

That is 100% true, I guess the gambler has to understand the loss and want to quit in order to stop.

I can see why online gambling is illegal in many countries, it can really destroy a person, I was quite addicted and lost ALOT of bitcoins, but I quit and I  just keep all my bitcoins in my xapo wallet, once I have enough I will print a physical wallet and wont touch it.

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
If my advice is that you should leave the gambling and eliminate all thoughts about gambling. Because it is the only way that is most effective in stopping gambling. I need to know the origin of people addicted to gambling is because they have high ambitions to be able to beat the gambling and win big, but it has a negative impact for those who don't have a good strategy and had no luck
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Activity: 420
Go find another hobby that will gets your attention or maybe play games so that you wont get in to gambling or try any sports ..

Yeah finding another hobby is a great start.
But be disciplined too. Just don't get tempted by going to gambling sites etc. It's better to stay strong and focus solely on your new hoby.

finding another hobby is really the only way. If your truly addicted if your mind isnt thinking about something
else you will be back to gambling in no time (same with booze)

Yes i agree with you, especially hobby that really waste your time like do otomotive, swimming, playing games or something else. that's make you forget about gambling.
Activity: 476
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
Go find another hobby that will gets your attention or maybe play games so that you wont get in to gambling or try any sports ..

Yeah finding another hobby is a great start.
But be disciplined too. Just don't get tempted by going to gambling sites etc. It's better to stay strong and focus solely on your new hoby.

finding another hobby is really the only way. If your truly addicted if your mind isnt thinking about something
else you will be back to gambling in no time (same with booze)

like the other ways, finding another hobby couldnt guarantee you to fully stop gambling, especially for people who trying to be rich. Not to be a pessimistic, but realistic.
Activity: 266
Invulner
Jump to: