Author

Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ? - page 223. (Read 173056 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
The best way is to stop visiting gambling related websites and forum. Try to find a hobby which can make you stay away from gambling. Whenever you have the urge to gamble, just spend the money on food or other stuff instead.

It is impossible buddy. When a person don't have anything to do and have some amount in his bitcoin wallet , he went to gamble at that time. Off course,  it is a one type of addiction. It can be avoided when you can make yourself full busy .
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
The best way is to stop visiting gambling related websites and forum. Try to find a hobby which can make you stay away from gambling. Whenever you have the urge to gamble, just spend the money on food or other stuff instead.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
STOP. Do you have children ?
Think about them and your future and you will quit.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026
quite difficult if you really are addicted to gambling, maybe you will stop when it has no balance, so in a week you try does not have balance Smiley
I do agree with you to quit the gambling is only one way to not have with what to gamble.Once you are addicted to gamble you can not stop playing if you have balance.So use your balance in some way and don't have balance for a period until you get rid of this bad addiction.
yes this is one way I've ever used, as long as you do not have balance you will feel a little forget to play gambling with you have other activities
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
My advice is avoid gambling sites altogether.. I know it may seem a daunting task.

What I like to do is work on other projects that make me money so I can pay my bills and debts.
Gambling basically destroyed my life because i let it control me. Don't end up like old KLYE.

It's a shame 50% of the ecosystem's business is gambling. But if you're going to avoid it you're gonna have to have a strong will.
Good luck to you on your gambling addiction recovery. It is an illness not everyone truly understands.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Disconnect all your devices from internet and get rid of your internet connection, then u can't gamble anymore Smiley
Activity: 285
You mind should be clear and understand that hitting the jackpot is like looking for a pen in the great ocean. Never to be greedy and work hard. Finding some hobby to pass your spare time.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
You can do something different to avoid gambling.  Like store your all coins in coin base vault as it takes 48 hrs to process the withdrawal.  So, may be you will keep avoiding to withdraw from it. Or secondly , you can move your all btc funds to paper wallet and do something like this that you can't reach it easily.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
To stay away from gambling to to cut down your easy access to bitcoins(If You bet with BTC)
Pack your coins to deep freezers and put a encryption that would take you also to unlock 3 hours , Such measure will reduce your gambling addiction , You cant stop gambling at a sudden.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
you can try emptying your wallet by sending your coins to another person (to hold that coins) which you can really trust or store them in a cold wallet
next try making yourself busy by doing other things like (games , watching movies/videos , etc )
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804
guess who's back
hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Any suggestions are welcome  Smiley

Regards

I would recommend downloading a punch of movies and watch all of them , this will make you forget about gambling
do anything that can put you away from rolling , try to learn a new language or use your addiction in other games that doesn't cost you money also you may stream these games on twitch and by time you may start making money by playing non gambling games
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Go get professional help and don't rely on advice from random strangers on a discussion forum.

nice advice so far, but first op need a suggestion how to stay away from gambling so he post here in gambling section.
and sometimes an advice from strangers work, like this one. your suggestion to get professional help.
if he really want to stay away from gambling, he must stay away from everything that smells like gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Any suggestions are welcome  Smiley

Regards
The best thing you can do is join a rehab center, let the professionals help you!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Another suggestion from me is to disable these websites in your router, in your firewall or anyother software that you can not access these website (like some apps for family safety)
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Go get professional help and don't rely on advice from random strangers on a discussion forum.
Activity: 210
you can find something else to occupy your time. it'll keep your mind off it for at least and slowly cut the addiction from there.
Activity: 364
ONCE BEAT. NEVER GO BACK FOR EVEN A LOOK. THATS ALL IT TAKES.
i feel this is the only part addicts of all types have the most trouble with. great example: alcoholics. they always think "hey i've done a good job of staying sober for the last 3 months, ill have myself a beer." of course, something like this usually evolves into a relapse. same with gambling. the joy of doubling whatever you put in with a single click, it just continues until theyre broke and the cycle starts all over again.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
If you are used to gamble with bitcoins then try to store them in desktop wallet core and keep your wallet close.Whenever you will feel need to gamble and even will open your wallet but the time for syncing and to be ready to use will make you mode off for playing.Because wallet takes time until it is ready to use for transferring funds.

It is a good advice and if one addicted so much then it is better time to sell all coins instead keeping some. Because if one knows they have still chances to play then they will some how still can continue thats why for permanently stopping gambling just sell all coins and concentrate on some other activities until you forget about gambling.

Actually all of that is just mindset. Selling all your coin you can buy it again next time and if you withdraw it in your currency you can also buy it back again but it needs a lot of process when you are withdrawing it so I think this is a good way to control your mind on being addicted again. After withdrawing it you should find something else to do so your mind will not have time to think about gambling again

Yes, I think the best idea is to seek help for your addiction, there are many organizations out there that may help you to quit gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
If you are used to gamble with bitcoins then try to store them in desktop wallet core and keep your wallet close.Whenever you will feel need to gamble and even will open your wallet but the time for syncing and to be ready to use will make you mode off for playing.Because wallet takes time until it is ready to use for transferring funds.

It is a good advice and if one addicted so much then it is better time to sell all coins instead keeping some. Because if one knows they have still chances to play then they will some how still can continue thats why for permanently stopping gambling just sell all coins and concentrate on some other activities until you forget about gambling.

Actually all of that is just mindset. Selling all your coin you can buy it again next time and if you withdraw it in your currency you can also buy it back again but it needs a lot of process when you are withdrawing it so I think this is a good way to control your mind on being addicted again. After withdrawing it you should find something else to do so your mind will not have time to think about gambling again
Activity: 169
I put the gambling site's URL on hosts  Grin Looks simple but effective, although I break the rule a few time by erase it, but on the whole you will find another interesting thing to do.
Jump to: