Author

Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ? - page 225. (Read 173056 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Best thing you can do is go talk to a professional who can help you

There are a lot of gambling advice groups who can help, a google search will help find groups local to you.

Such as http://www.gamcare.org.uk/forum who also have an online forum http://www.gamcare.org.uk/forum
these guys are also very popular http://www.gambleaware.co.uk/

Next thing you need to do is ask all the gambling sites you currently with on to close your account and accept no further bets. All reputable sites will be able to do this easily and will have no problems with it.

Best of luck!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Have you considered checking yourself into a rehab program for gambling addiction? If you can afford it, it might be worth it. A friend of mine checked himself into a drug addiction facility and he came out a whole different person. In time, his addiction was no longer an issue for him. And he seemed to have developed a more positive outlook on things in general.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
I want to suggest you to stop immediately and leave this dirty hobby because it is dangerous if you are depended from it.

No shit, that's what's he is trying to do, didn't you read OP or the title?

hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Any suggestions are welcome  Smiley

Regards

If you can make this thread, i think you are not really got addicted in gambling. Because you already know, "being addicted in gambling is bad habit, and that habit can make yourself broke". Some gambling owner also do not want to make their members got addicted like crazy people. and give all their hard earned money to play again and again.

Anyway, i will share my own way to stop myself from being too addicted in gambling.
Make a funny bet on gambling.
Bet for 0.0000 0001 BTC and pay 0.0001 for transaction fee  Grin

Sometimes it got rejected from some gambling site, lol

Don't think because someone knows their addiction is bad would help them, every smoker knows smoking is bad and if you ask them they will usually tell you not to smoke because it's bad yet they do it.
Activity: 910
I think just sell what ever bitcoins or any other coins you have and don't ever try to see even the price of btc and look for some other activities which makes you interesting. Because of these bitcoins online gambling is spoiling many people life and if possible don't come to this forum itself until you can control yourself and forget about the gambling.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Any suggestions are welcome  Smiley

Regards

If you can make this thread, i think you are not really got addicted in gambling. Because you already know, "being addicted in gambling is bad habit, and that habit can make yourself broke". Some gambling owner also do not want to make their members got addicted like crazy people. and give all their hard earned money to play again and again.

Anyway, i will share my own way to stop myself from being too addicted in gambling.
Make a funny bet on gambling.
Bet for 0.0000 0001 BTC and pay 0.0001 for transaction fee  Grin

Sometimes it got rejected from some gambling site, lol

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003
quite difficult if you really are addicted to gambling, maybe you will stop when it has no balance, so in a week you try does not have balance Smiley
I do agree with you to quit the gambling is only one way to not have with what to gamble.Once you are addicted to gamble you can not stop playing if you have balance.So use your balance in some way and don't have balance for a period until you get rid of this bad addiction.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
I want to suggest you to stop immediately and leave this dirty hobby because it is dangerous if you are depended from it.
Activity: 784
I will suggest to sell your bitcoins whenever you reach to some specific amount if you are not planning to hold for long terms.Try to spend time away with your friends and family instead of staying all the time in front of your pc this will help you although this is not easy process.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
If you are used to gamble with bitcoins then try to store them in desktop wallet core and keep your wallet close.Whenever you will feel need to gamble and even will open your wallet but the time for syncing and to be ready to use will make you mode off for playing.Because wallet takes time until it is ready to use for transferring funds.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
Yes, addiction is a serious thing, easy to create, difficult to quit.

Addiction should not be solved with another addiction, for example gambling to gaming. To quit it, it all comes down to you, only you can change it if you have the will and determination.

Make a note, a pointer, a warning, about why gambling is bad for you. When you are determined to quit gambling, write down the reasons, and why it harms you, so every time the urge to gamble comes, read the points you made, recall, and step out of it, think of something else, clear your mind.

It may not be easy, so determination is the way to go. Remind yourself of your past, think of the future, make the right choice.

Remember this, hope you quit you addiction.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026
quite difficult if you really are addicted to gambling, maybe you will stop when it has no balance, so in a week you try does not have balance Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
yes this is also what I was afraid, I play the gamble to have fun, when I always win, I fear addiction to play continuously.

my advice, you look for another job to make money. make gambling just for fun, so when you lose you will not always want to play.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
The only way to stay away from any addiction is to stop and never come back, there are no miracle ways of doing it, talk to anyone that has stopped smoking and he would tell you that the only way is to stop by yourself, your inner motivation is what can help you not the external one.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1002
Good start is to talk about it. Keep trying to discussing your addiction. Meet some people, have look for some new opportunities you can do. This way stop thinking about gambling. Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1354
It depends on yourself, when you can control yourself so you can stop gambling as soon as possible.
Keep on your mind that gambling is not good for you, it hurts you, it wreck your life.
Of course it is not easy because remove addictive thing from our life is always hard. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
My suggestion for you is to find another hobby so you can have fun and fill your time with it. So you will forget about gambling and your addiction will steadily dissapear.
legendary
Activity: 966
In holiday we trust
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
This question like how to stop smoking.. lol.
Im addicted to gambling too actually, its hard to stop..
but im doing like this. Whenever i have like 0.1 btc from any campaign, i will exchange it to paypal. So the money safe in there, i know i wont touch paypal money until i withdraw to my bank. But in real life i dont have tips to stop gambling. Grin
Good luck..

This is a great technique to stop it.It works in all the cases but at times if someone's even unable to stop the paypal habbit they can simply transfer the funds to their local bank accounts which is a great way to get rid of gambling.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 546
Monday Hit Me Every week
maybe you should start looking for other activities such as a trade in order to deepen its trading results are not satisfactory, and make you come back again to the world of gambling. our interest against gambling because the results we obtained more quickly and instantly.  Wink good luck
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
❃ CyberNick ❃
This question like how to stop smoking.. lol.
Im addicted to gambling too actually, its hard to stop..
but im doing like this. Whenever i have like 0.1 btc from any campaign, i will exchange it to paypal. So the money safe in there, i know i wont touch paypal money until i withdraw to my bank. But in real life i dont have tips to stop gambling. Grin
Good luck..
Jump to: