Pages:
Author

Topic: How to use ASICMiner Block Erupters with CGMiner on Windows 7 - page 10. (Read 87320 times)

Activity: 229
Merit: 100
i have installed both the zadig driver and the UART to COM drivers but 3.1 says no devices are detected, but i can see it in device manager.

on 3.2 it says i need to install a wondows driver for AMU so it at least recognises it is plugged in but i cannot connect to it.

any ideas/
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
i am okay with every step up to this one:

5 - Run cgminer-nogpu with these options:
--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COMx -S COMy -S COMz -S COMetc

what exactly does that string of code look like if i am making my own .bat file

also I am only running 1 usb miner and running bitminter for the extra namecoins so where would i input my worker log in info? before or after the icarus timing?

You can run it concurrent with a GUP miner using 3.1.1 just use cgminer instead of cgminer-nopu (I have 2 GPU's and 2 USB things) The .bat text below presumes you launch in the root folder of CGMiner, and you mine with btcguild.com (obviously just use your mining pool of choice and change the user name XXXXX and password. Also check the device manager to get the correct COM port once installed.

Code:
cgminer -o http://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u XXXXX -p password -I 9 --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S //./COM4
You can find all the tweaking option in the readme text in the root of CGMiner folder.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
i am okay with every step up to this one:

--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COMx -S COMy -S COMz -S COMetc

what exactly does that string of code look like if i am making my own .bat file

also I am only running 1 usb miner and running bitminter for the extra namecoins so where would i input my worker log in info? before or after the icarus timing?

Activity: 15
Oh cool, thanks for posting this. Maybe this will help out others who may be having troubles like I was having.   
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
if you are using the config file (bfgminer) enter them like this:
"disable-gpu" : true,
"auto-fan" : true,
"api-listen" : true,
"api-port" : "4030",
"api-network" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"expiry" : "120",
"failover-only" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"retry-pause" : "5",
"expiry" : "90",
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "60",
"submit-stale" : true,
"icarus-timing" : "3.0=100",
"icarus-options" : "115200:1:1",
"scan-serial" : [ "icarus:\\\\.\\COM11", "icarus:\\\\.\\COM12" ]
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
I wound up using these parameters in a batch file for cgminer 3.1.1:

cgminer-nogpu.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\COM3 -S \\.\COM4 -S \\.\COM5 -S \\.\COM6 -S \\.\COM7 -S \\.\COM8 -S \\.\COM9 -S \\.\COM11 -S \\.\COM12 -S \\.\COM13

and it was finally able to recognize all 10 of these miners.
They're hashing along nicely around 334 Mh/s each.  Smiley

That's the one I was thinking of.  Thanks, I'll update the top!

M
I wound up using these parameters in a batch file for cgminer 3.1.1:

cgminer-nogpu.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\COM3 -S \\.\COM4 -S \\.\COM5 -S \\.\COM6 -S \\.\COM7 -S \\.\COM8 -S \\.\COM9 -S \\.\COM11 -S \\.\COM12 -S \\.\COM13

and it was finally able to recognize all 10 of these miners.
They're hashing along nicely around 334 Mh/s each.  Smiley
legendary
I'm using an Anker USB 3.0 port and I have no problems with COM3-9 but as soon as it gets to double digit COM ports is when I have problems.

Have you tried using the other format for the COM ports?  I've seen them listed here, something \\COM10\\ or something.

M
I'm using an Anker USB 3.0 port and I have no problems with COM3-9 but as soon as it gets to double digit COM ports is when I have problems.
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Anybody found a way to tweak up the hashrate on the usb miners? Is that even possible?
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Are they USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports? I am running Windows 7 64bit and have 10 usb miners running with cgminer-nogpu.exe (5 connected to PC and 5 to a Dynex hub). COMs show up all the way to COM16. They are all on USB 2.0 ports. I noticed when I tried connecting one to a usb 3.0 port it did not show up...

...I can't get any to work starting at COM10.

Anybody got solution for this? btw, no USB hub. I got 16 USB slots on my pc.

Windows 8 is able to find 1 USB Erupter. Testing on my Windows XP laptop tomorrow.
I'm running Win 7 x64 with a USB hub and I'm having the same problem. As soon as it gets to COM10 and higher it gives an error about unable to find it.
Anybody else have this problem?
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
The law of the universe!

For my 7 miners, I'm using:

--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COM3 -S COM4 -S COM5 -S COM6 -S COM7 -S COM8 -S COM9

Note that I saw a post from one of the cgminer authors suggesting to use 115200:2:1 and 3.0=80.  When I did that, I got errors and cgminer immediately crashed. 

I'm getting about 333mh/s with the above on Win7x64.

M

Thanks for the tip. Yours is the best amoung so many. But I can't get any to work starting at COM10.

Anybody got solution for this? btw, no USB hub. I got 16 USB slots on my pc.

Windows 8 is able to find 1 USB Erupter. Testing on my Windows XP laptop tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1190

--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COM3 -S COM4 -S COM5 -S COM6 -S COM7 -S COM8 -S COM9

Note that I saw a post from one of the cgminer authors suggesting to use 115200:2:1 and 3.0=80.  When I did that, I got errors and cgminer immediately crashed. 

M

I really appreciate your post. For all of us noobs out there can you be a bit more specific on how you do step 5? Very basic stuff I know, but I am trying to learn. When I run my cgminer no gpu it first wants me to enter a url. After I put in the mining pool info and my worker info it goes away. How do I set it up to run using the options you have specified?  I know its connected and working b/c I am able to mine using the USB BE using bitminter's software. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I was really upset trying to make them work with cgminer... it was just shutting down.
But with Bitminter sofware works!!!  Grin
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
I downloaded CGMiner 3.2 which got rid of the -S flag, leading to much swearing on my end before I put a pause on the batch file and the diffed the repo to figure out what this mysterious flag did. There is no -S flag in 3.2, and personally, my auto-detect doesn't work. Only in Bitcoinland does removing features count for user-friendliness (I believe they removed it because 3.2 is supposed to autodetect, but it didn't. Complaints aside, serious thanks to kano and cgminer people)

These instructions work fine for 3.1.
Also, I'm on XP but your instructions worked fine.

Edit: If anyone is wondering, that flag does the following:

--scan-serial|-S Serial port to probe for Icarus mining device
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
So has anyone gotten it to work with 3.2.0 yet?

Not here. Can't get any of the Erupters to show up in Device Manager as COM devices with the WinUSB driver installed

I thought 3.2.0 is using direct USB so you don't need USB/COM divers.  It suppose to detect Erupters as a device attached to USB port not a COM port.
so you should not see any COM ports in the Device Manager.

Or am I missing something?
Yes that's the idea (and it was working for me on windows with just one emerald)
However, the "(4)" error (debug shows that) is something I've not yet resolved - which is I think the cause of failure to initialise on windows for anyone getting that problem.
(and on linux I think some may have see it)

Yes I'll update here once it's sorted out.

I don't want to open another pissing match, but remember when you first moved BFL from COM to USB, I told you that moving something that works to USB is not such a good idea.  Icarus protocol over COM worked, so did BFL.  Why you want USB, hotplug?  I say screw hotplug.  I've run Icarus boards for over a year without touching them.  Same might be true for Erupters (once properly cooled) they will run for long time without hotplugging them everyday.  I really think you should reconsider direct USB use for Erupters.  Forget a pissing match with Luke, do what is best for stability.
When something works, leave it.  Work on something else.

This move to direct USB was done just because you find it cool, and you can code direct USB.  What? because COM is old is the reason not to use it? Please.

Now you are debugging issues because you wanted latest greatest with hotplugging support.  I say if you go into trouble to remove a USB stick, you can also restart cgminer.  You're making cgminer a toy not a tool.
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
just wanted to say thanks for making this thread, go my USB miner in the mail today and had it hashing away within minutes due to your info.
legendary

M

I really appreciate your post. For all of us noobs out there can you be a bit more specific on how you do step 5? Very basic stuff I know, but I am trying to learn. When I run my cgminer no gpu it first wants me to enter a url. After I put in the mining pool info and my worker info it goes away. How do I set it up to run using the options you have specified?  I know its connected and working b/c I am able to mine using the USB BE using bitminter's software. Thanks.

Sounds like you are trying to run it from windows explorer?  What you want to do is create a command script to run it that pauses at the end, so you can see what it's saying before windows closes the command window.  If Bitminter's software is working for you, you might want to stick with that.  Bitminter is one of the best pools around if you don't want to go pay per share (PPS).  It's what I use. Smiley

To make a command script, open notepad and enter something like this:

Code:
cd \mining\cgminer
cgminer.exe [with your parameters]
pause

Then save it where you can easily get to it as cgminer.cmd. Hopefully you've already turned off the "feature" in windows to hide known file extensions (tools -> folder options in windows explorer), otherwise you'll end up with a file called cgminer.cmd.txt.

The cgminer readme has info on what parms to use to specify a pool, password, and so forth.

M
Activity: 354
Merit: 250

M

Activity: 70
I can't get 3.2 to work.

I'm running xUbuntu 13.04.

When I start up cgminer 3.2, syslog shows:

cp210x ttyUSB0: cp210x converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
cp210x 2-2.2:1:0: device disconnected

cgminer 3.1.1 works fine with the -S option.
Pages:
Jump to: