Pages:
Author

Topic: How to use ASICMiner Block Erupters with CGMiner on Windows 7 - page 6. (Read 87320 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Ok, I've tried this every way I can think...  can't get the zadig drivers to install...when I plug in the AsicMiner I get an error 43...

This is the only thing that has seemed to work(but obviously doesn't)   I plug in the miner, go to device manager and uninstall it, open Zadig and install the WinUSB driver, it says it installs successfully, device manager never changes and I never get a prompt to reboot...

I have installed the CP210x driver also...nothing...  If I try to install the Zadig WinUSB driver without first uninstalling the default driver in Device manager, the install fails.

Anything would help at this point and a big Thanks in advance, this community always steps up!

P.S. when I install the driver from Zadig, the device disappears from the list in Zadig.

Not sure if you've gotten it working yet, but this (linked earlier in this thread, I think) got me working on 3.1.1:
http://rdmsnippets.com/tag/install-block-erupter-on-windows-7/

Note: don't reset them to WinUSB after installing the other drivers.  Just make sure that they are listed as having COM#, and then specify the COM# in your shortcut or batch file, and you should be ok.

Ya I've been every permutation of these instructions I can think of and I get the same "no go" situation...  When I plug the devices(I have 3) into any USB port it is reported that there is a problem with the device and it is shut down.  Error 43.  I have tried this on 4 different systems and I get the same error from all 3 USB miners.   The actual information when you look at the properties of the device is:  "Windows has stopped this device becuase it has reported problems. (code 43)"

any further assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Activity: 47
Ok, I've tried this every way I can think...  can't get the zadig drivers to install...when I plug in the AsicMiner I get an error 43...

This is the only thing that has seemed to work(but obviously doesn't)   I plug in the miner, go to device manager and uninstall it, open Zadig and install the WinUSB driver, it says it installs successfully, device manager never changes and I never get a prompt to reboot...

I have installed the CP210x driver also...nothing...  If I try to install the Zadig WinUSB driver without first uninstalling the default driver in Device manager, the install fails.

Anything would help at this point and a big Thanks in advance, this community always steps up!

P.S. when I install the driver from Zadig, the device disappears from the list in Zadig.

Not sure if you've gotten it working yet, but this (linked earlier in this thread, I think) got me working on 3.1.1:

Note: don't reset them to WinUSB after installing the other drivers.  Just make sure that they are listed as having COM#, and then specify the COM# in your shortcut or batch file, and you should be ok.
Activity: 529
Merit: 501
For some strange reason, CG miner 3.1.1 has started crashing with a USB block erupter. Could not get it to work with either cg miner 3.3.1 or 3.2.0 or 3.2.1 or 3.1.1. Even though 3.1.1 worked fine before. ...I know...weird..

So, I went to bfgminer 3.1.2, uninstalled the UART drivers on page 1, rebooted, installed the drivers again, rebooted, and I'm using this line in my .bat file.

bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u youraddresshere -p x -I 9 -S all

It recognizes the usb block erupter, no other drivers needed, I don't have to specify a com port, and it's recognizing my dual Nvidia 560GTX cards (yes, i now, don't ask, they were paid for a long time ago...Smiley

Hope it helps somebody. Grin

Activity: 36

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
If you have a raspberry pi at home give minepeon a try .... Wink
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

For my 7 miners, I'm using:

--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COM3 -S COM4 -S COM5 -S COM6 -S COM7 -S COM8 -S COM9

Note that I saw a post from one of the cgminer authors suggesting to use 115200:2:1 and 3.0=80.  When I did that, I got errors and cgminer immediately crashed. 

I'm getting about 333mh/s with the above on Win7x64.

M

Thanks for the tip. Yours is the best amoung so many. But I can't get any to work starting at COM10.

Anybody got solution for this? btw, no USB hub. I got 16 USB slots on my pc.

Windows 8 is able to find 1 USB Erupter. Testing on my Windows XP laptop tomorrow.

You need to add the \\.\ in front of the com ports call, so it will look like this for cgminer -S \\.\com113 -S \\.\com199... etc
Activity: 784
so you have to use  command line interface for these things you can't use the gui miner interface?
I'm just looking for simplicity. I screw things up at every turn. I'd prefer to install a virtual OS on top of Windows if its easier.

NVM i found a better break down here
To be a BTC miner means you gotta learn how to be one.  Search and search the boards, the internet, until you get it.  You will.  We're happy to help, but that's how I learned.

im fighting with this right now....

Activity: 752
so you have to use  command line interface for these things you can't use the gui miner interface?
I'm just looking for simplicity. I screw things up at every turn. I'd prefer to install a virtual OS on top of Windows if its easier.

To be a BTC miner means you gotta learn how to be one.  Search and search the boards, the internet, until you get it.  You will.  We're happy to help, but that's how I learned.
legendary
Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

Activity: 347
Merit: 100
I thought all the bugs were worked out.....?

There are always bugs, even in 1916.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc5hPcpEL7o
legendary
I have not even gotten mine yet. But threads like this scare the shit out me
Dose every one have to fight with these things? I thought all the bugs were worked out and that most people could just plug um in? Dose the latest Cg-miner detect them?
use cgminer 3.1.1 with this code:

Code:
C:\Users\XYZ\Desktop\cgminer-3.1.1-windows\cgminer-nogpu.exe -o http://rr.btcmp.com:8332 -u XXXXX -p YYYYY --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\COM3 -S \\.\COM4 -S \\.\COM5 -S \\.\COM6 -S \\.\COM7 -S \\.\COM8

Of course change the things you need to change.  Does that help?

It will if he has the Zadig drivers properly installed and then installed the SiLabs CP210 drivers ONLY ONCE. If he tried fiddling around installing and un-installing the CP210 stuff like I did at first, the COM numbers are going to be different and your command line might not work for him.
Dose every one have to fight with these things? I thought all the bugs were worked out and that most people could just plug um in? Dose the latest Cg-miner detect them?

Did you install the Zadig drivers exactly as the OP instructed in the first post of this thread? You must let the installer finish and you will get a message indicating a successful install.

THEN, go to Control Panel > System and Security and click on "Device Manager", then click on "USB Controllers". You should see your ASIC'S listed as UART devices. Now CGminer 3.3.x should auto-recognize them as AMU's and if the rest of your command line is correct they should be mining away.
Activity: 752
Dose every one have to fight with these things? I thought all the bugs were worked out and that most people could just plug um in? Dose the latest Cg-miner detect them?
use cgminer 3.1.1 with this code:

Code:
C:\Users\XYZ\Desktop\cgminer-3.1.1-windows\cgminer-nogpu.exe -o http://rr.btcmp.com:8332 -u XXXXX -p YYYYY --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\COM3 -S \\.\COM4 -S \\.\COM5 -S \\.\COM6 -S \\.\COM7 -S \\.\COM8

Of course change the things you need to change.  Does that help?
legendary
Dose every one have to fight with these things? I thought all the bugs were worked out and that most people could just plug um in? Dose the latest Cg-miner detect the new erupters?
PeZ
Activity: 297
I am still using cgminer 3.1.1 with Angstrom Linux. It has been very stable. People have been having problems with the newer versions.
Activity: 378
Did you try a reboot? Also, make sure it says WinUSB on the box above install and that you have the proper device chosen. It will do them all as a group.
Activity: 35
Hello guys. I tried setting these guys up on Ubuntu and Windows.

On Ubuntu  (headless console only) there is no driver install required and usgin cgminer 3.2.+ I am supposed to be able to use cgminer without any settings (com ports, icarus-options) 
cgminer starts up and detects all the eropters.. but it seems highlty unstable. the hashing is all over the place and they get sick very often. I have them plugged into a USB 2.0 powered HUB and direct into the MB USB ports. neither one has a stable megahash. How can I fix this? I really want to use Ubuntu as this pc runs 24/7.

SO I went over to windows that has an onboard USB2.0 and USB3.0 - and plugged 1 into each. SO i got 2. I downloaded the zadig utility. It shows the 2 erupters.I press install driver.... failed (other)
They show up as cp2102 USB To uart Bridge adapter? and when i select one from the list it shows the driver as NONE.

I can run cgminer 3.3 nogpu and it says it found the device but it needs the winusb drivers to work.

It seems like I am the only person in the whole world that cannot get any of this stuff to work.
Activity: 378
I did notice the com port numbers changing on reboot. After reinstalling the WINUSB driver with zadig globally, I got cg 3.2.2 to work. Also, 3.2.3 is out today. May work even better, but I'm not stopping cg to find out! lol
Activity: 165
Your Argument is Irrelephant
Pages:
Jump to: