Pages:
Author

Topic: How to use ASICMiner Block Erupters with CGMiner on Windows 7 - page 9. (Read 87320 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
done, im logged into cg miner with my coinotron account. 0.0 khash/sec

where do i put the line of code to recognize my usb device, thks

I think you might have forgotten to change the parameters to cgminer to reflect your COM ports:

Code:
--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COMx -S COMy -S COMz -S COMetc

Put the proper COM ports in where you see x, y, z, and so forth, adding more as needed and deleting those that aren't needed.  If you get up to COM10, you have to use the other format detailed on my first post.

M
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
done, im logged into cg miner with my coinotron account. 0.0 khash/sec

where do i put the line of code to recognize my usb device, thks
legendary
This is the screen I have now using cgminer 3.1.1.
http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/tommybstring/media/shot9_zpsae3bb49f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Its asking for URL, should I type the code you mentioned in last step directly into this space?

(I have a coinotron account and will be using their pool)

Kinda lost, thks

Check cointron for info on what to put in cgminer for mining.  You will need a URL, possibly a port, and a username/pw (you might pick these on the coinotron website).

M
This is the screen I have now using cgminer 3.1.1.
http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/tommybstring/media/shot9_zpsae3bb49f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Its asking for URL, should I type the code you mentioned in last step directly into this space?

(I have a coinotron account and will be using their pool)

Kinda lost, thks
legendary
you're correct, it was listed under ports.

when i double click cgminer nogpu this is what im seeing

http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/tommybstring/media/shot1_zpsbce4d3f3.jpg.html

this is my first mining attempt, many thks

You're using cgminer 3.2.1.  It doesn't work with the UART driver (it's what makes it show up as a COM port).  Use 3.1.1 and you should be fine.

If you want to use 3.2.1, you'll have to uninstall the UART driver.  Rumor has it this doesn't work properly if you have it plugged into a USB 3.0 port.  I haven't tried it yet, took too long for me to recover from trying 3.2.0. Sad

M
you're correct, it was listed under ports.

when i double click cgminer nogpu this is what im seeing

http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/tommybstring/media/shot1_zpsbce4d3f3.jpg.html

this is my first mining attempt, many thks
legendary

I think you're looking in the wrong place.  Once both drivers are installed, they'll show up under ports, not USB.

M
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Repeat of my request in the cgminer thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2419696
Question ... ?
Is anyone having problems with cgminer 3.2.1 Icarus mining (Icarus, Lancelot or Erupter only) on anything OTHER than the RPi?
I seem to have narrowed it down to possibly being a timer bug (happening inside libusb - so possibly a kernel problem)
And if you are NOT having problems with 3.2.1 on RPi, could you tell me your kernel version?
with uname -a
Thanks!

Edit: and not using USB 3.0 Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I finally managed to get cgminer 3.2.1 to work with Debian 7.0 !  Grin

Her's what I did:
sudo cp cgminer-3.2.1/01-cgminer.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
sudo service udev restart

Now unplug and plug again the usb erupter.
Restart cgminer and it should work.

cgminer 3.2.1 no longer requires to specify the serial device, nor any icarus timing options. I also read that it should improve the hashing rate compared to 3.1.1.
Activity: 456
I have a problem with cgminer on my usb erupter.
3.1.1 works fine, but 3.2.1 gives me this never ending series of errors:

[2013-06-08 19:38:12] USB init open device failed, err -3, you dont have priviledge to access - AMU device 1:9
[2013-06-08 19:38:12] Icarus detect (1:9) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)
 [2013-06-08 19:38:17] USB init open device failed, err -3, you dont have priviledge to access - AMU device 1:9
 [2013-06-08 19:38:17] Icarus detect (1:9) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)
 [2013-06-08 19:38:22] USB init open device failed, err -3, you dont have priviledge to access - AMU device 1:9
 [2013-06-08 19:38:22] Icarus detect (1:9) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)

The only usb connected mining hardware is the AsicMiner usb Erupter.
I set the same permissions on both 3.1.1 and 3.2.1:

-rwxr-sr-x 1 andrea dialout  304853 May 24 09:46 cgminer-3.1.1/cgminer
-rwxr-sr-x 1 andrea dialout 1160140 Jun  8 19:35 cgminer-3.2.1/cgminer

Running debian 7.0.

cgminer compiled with ./configure --enable-icarus --enable-bflsc --disable-opencl

------------------------------------------------------------------------
cgminer 3.2.1

Configuration Options Summary:

curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lncurses
  OpenCL...............: Detection overrided. GPU mining support DISABLED
  scrypt...............: Disabled (needs OpenCL)
  ADL..................: SDK NOT found, GPU monitoring support DISABLED

Avalon.ASICs.........: Disabled
  BFL.ASICs............: Enabled
  BitForce.FPGAs.......: Disabled
  Icarus.FPGAs.........: Enabled
  ModMiner.FPGAs.......: Disabled
  Ztex.FPGAs...........: Disabled

Compilation............: make (or gmake)
  CPPFLAGS.............:
  CFLAGS...............: -g -O2 -I/usr/include/libusb-1.0  
  LDFLAGS..............:  -lpthread
  LDADD................:  -lcurl   -ljansson -lpthread     -lm -lusb-1.0  

Installation...........: make install (as root if needed, with 'su' or 'sudo')
  prefix...............: /usr/local

Try running cgminer with sudo. Normal users generally don't have the right permissions to access raw USB devices. There are some notes about this in the 3.2.1 README.
Activity: 28
I have a problem with cgminer on my usb erupter.
3.1.1 works fine, but 3.2.1 gives me this never ending series of errors:

[2013-06-08 19:38:12] USB init open device failed, err -3, you dont have priviledge to access - AMU device 1:9
[2013-06-08 19:38:12] Icarus detect (1:9) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)
 [2013-06-08 19:38:17] USB init open device failed, err -3, you dont have priviledge to access - AMU device 1:9
 [2013-06-08 19:38:17] Icarus detect (1:9) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)
 [2013-06-08 19:38:22] USB init open device failed, err -3, you dont have priviledge to access - AMU device 1:9
 [2013-06-08 19:38:22] Icarus detect (1:9) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)

The only usb connected mining hardware is the AsicMiner usb Erupter.
I set the same permissions on both 3.1.1 and 3.2.1:

-rwxr-sr-x 1 andrea dialout  304853 May 24 09:46 cgminer-3.1.1/cgminer
-rwxr-sr-x 1 andrea dialout 1160140 Jun  8 19:35 cgminer-3.2.1/cgminer

Running debian 7.0.

cgminer compiled with ./configure --enable-icarus --enable-bflsc --disable-opencl

cgminer 3.2.1

Configuration Options Summary:

curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lncurses
  OpenCL...............: Detection overrided. GPU mining support DISABLED
  scrypt...............: Disabled (needs OpenCL)
  ADL..................: SDK NOT found, GPU monitoring support DISABLED

Avalon.ASICs.........: Disabled
  BFL.ASICs............: Enabled
  BitForce.FPGAs.......: Disabled
  Icarus.FPGAs.........: Enabled
  ModMiner.FPGAs.......: Disabled
  Ztex.FPGAs...........: Disabled

Compilation............: make (or gmake)
  CPPFLAGS.............:
  CFLAGS...............: -g -O2 -I/usr/include/libusb-1.0  
  LDFLAGS..............:  -lpthread
  LDADD................:  -lcurl   -ljansson -lpthread     -lm -lusb-1.0  

Installation...........: make install (as root if needed, with 'su' or 'sudo')
  prefix...............: /usr/local
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
We've got cgminer 3.2.1 out now Smiley

Seems there was an initialisation problem that (unfortunately) worked without any problem on my Desktop (Fedora 18) and my Windows VM running on it also.

Finally tracked it down in time for the 3.2.1 release:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2397710

Leave feedback in the cgminer thread if you find any problems - thanks Smiley
Activity: 9
 Roll Eyes Tongue  Safe mode did not work, but it gave me an idea.

Last known Good configuration is back to being my friend again...at least that gave me back the keyboard! At first i had the mouse too but it reinstalled itself with those corrupt drivers, so i manually did the keyboard control panel uninstall and it worked fine...thanks alot for the reply..

what was weird was the sound was coming from pc speaker haha - haven't heard sound coming from a pc speaker in over 20 years. Anyway its all fixed for now..

good enough.

She'll never know...
Thanks!
-D
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
okay sorry for spamming in a row..but i found this topic to be really helpful so i keep coming back here..

I am totally up and running now but i need someone to help with the damage control...

i accidentally changed all my wifes (ports? devices?) to WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) with the Zadig program before i know what I was doing..

so now, naturally, her usb keyboard, and mouse don't work.. any suggestions? Haven't tried anything yet, just powered it down and called it a night last night..haha

So she dosen't know yet, so lets fix it? Wired keyboard and mouse = done deal? or am I in a world of shit?

Thanks!

-D
go into device manager and right click on affected devices and do uninstall. reboot and it should reinstall the drivers for the keyboard etc...

obviosuly you may not be able to get into device mamger if your input devices are messed up, so the next thing is to plug in another/different usb keyboard and mouse and then perform what I just suggested

all else fails, do a restore to a previous config.
booting in safe mode may work.. dunno...
okay sorry for spamming in a row..but i found this topic to be really helpful so i keep coming back here..

I am totally up and running now but i need someone to help with the damage control...

i accidentally changed all my wifes (ports? devices?) to WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) with the Zadig program before i know what I was doing..

so now, naturally, her usb keyboard, and mouse don't work.. any suggestions? Haven't tried anything yet, just powered it down and called it a night last night..haha

So she dosen't know yet, so lets fix it? Wired keyboard and mouse = done deal? or am I in a world of shit?

Thanks!

-D
nevermind i got it up and running the problem was with the bitminter log in and it was username_minername and then password..
i am okay with every step up to this one:

5 - Run cgminer-nogpu with these options:
--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COMx -S COMy -S COMz -S COMetc

what exactly does that string of code look like if i am making my own .bat file

also I am only running 1 usb miner and running bitminter for the extra namecoins so where would i input my worker log in info? before or after the icarus timing?

You can run it concurrent with a GUP miner using 3.1.1 just use cgminer instead of cgminer-nopu (I have 2 GPU's and 2 USB things) The .bat text below presumes you launch in the root folder of CGMiner, and you mine with btcguild.com (obviously just use your mining pool of choice and change the user name XXXXX and password. Also check the device manager to get the correct COM port once installed.

Code:
cgminer -o http://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u XXXXX -p password -I 9 --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S //./COM4
You can find all the tweaking option in the readme text in the root of CGMiner folder.

well that got me a bit further  i had to take out the -s//./com4 because it says -s is not a recognizable command i am using 3.2 if that matters. also here is my new error

proving for an alive pool
pool 0 slow/down or URL credentials invalid

and here is my code
Code:
cgminer -o http://mint.bitminter.com:8332 -u xxx -p xxx -I 9 --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100

anyone see anything wrong with this?
legendary
i have installed both the zadig driver and the UART to COM drivers but 3.1 says no devices are detected, but i can see it in device manager.

on 3.2 it says i need to install a wondows driver for AMU so it at least recognises it is plugged in but i cannot connect to it.

any ideas/

What command line are you using for 3.1.1?

M
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
another thanks out to mdude77 for the short write-up.  got up and running nice and quick like.
Pages:
Jump to: