Pages:
Author

Topic: How wars can affect Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 782 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 0
June 02, 2018, 11:48:58 AM
In my opinion, Bitcoin is only there in a time full of peace. If there will be a war then expect a big dump by the community but still bitcoin will remain as internet. Warhead will certainly affect Bitcoin if the transatlantic communications cable or the like is targeted for violations. That means that no internet communication can happen and will result in Bitcoin being worthless, at least for that time.
Activity: 131
Merit: 1
May 30, 2018, 05:09:22 AM
The operation of bitcoin requires some basic order. The security of bitcoin is based on these basic rules. If any of these order is not established, for example, no stable network environment, no stable power supply, no mill no real security guarantees, then the value of the BTC is not established.
Activity: 357
Merit: 12
May 30, 2018, 05:07:53 AM
While commenting on one of threads over here. A really interesting thought popped into my mind. What will happen when there will be coming a huge war?
Even a World War III? Will Bitcoin pump or dump? What role will Bitcoin play? We all know the economy and the currencies are very vulnerable in wars.
I would like to hear some interesting thoughts, even maybe some full detailed articles? Anything would be very welcomed.

In my opinion, I think bitcoin would be the least priority of the most of governments and people. Bitcoin is the best when on a peaceful events and when the economy is increasing. If war would be happen (that I wish shouldn't be) people will not be bother to look at or check their bitcoin. They will not waste their time to read and post in any thread or news about it. Morelikely, electricity may be cut so we couldn't access the bitcoin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
May 29, 2018, 12:31:50 PM
As per my opinion war will not have any effect or if it will have some effect it will be of very low volume.  Because it is not controlled by any governments that  is why the disputes among different nations or governments will be having very low effect if the war happens.
There may be little inflationary effect and the value of bitcoin may increase.
Activity: 209
Merit: 1
May 29, 2018, 12:04:21 PM
I think war is not a good one to happen, because is a something that causes damages and destruction, base on that, war can not affect bitcoin, but it rather affects the market price of bitcoin, because bitcoin is human resources, which no trading we take place and it affects the numbers of investors reduction.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
May 29, 2018, 11:49:17 AM
during war people prefer traditional assets like gold so it's not a good time for bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. the best time for bitcoin is peace and growing economy.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
May 29, 2018, 11:44:35 AM
If a country is focusing on bitcoin and they hold a large amount of bitcoin, then I think that if they want to buy weapons from different countries. They might be using bitcoin and if the percentage of what they are holding is above 5%. It will hit us hard.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
May 29, 2018, 11:43:45 AM
When there's trouble on the horizon, the price of valuable commodities such as gold increases sharply. Bitcoin being a commodity such as gold, it's price too will rise when there's an active war, whether in the Middle East or in Korea, the two likeliest flashpoints in the world at the moment.

The dump cycles, as older investors seek to reap the benefits of the heightened prices, might affect the price; but sure, there will be a sharp uptick in Bitcoin price in the event of a hot war, and the attendant global instability.

Activity: 240
Merit: 10
May 29, 2018, 11:43:32 AM
For me, this will have a huge effect in bitcoin especially when technology is affected and also freedom. Well, we all know that bitcoin is ran through internet and technology, when war comes, the usage of technology will be lessen and also the freedom of people using it will be limited and in that way the demand for bitcoin will decrease and because of that, different branches of problems may occur.
Activity: 140
May 29, 2018, 11:39:39 AM
Maybe the bitcoin price will go up. In my opinion, they will buy bitcoin so that when war happens they can still use their bitcoin outside their country and citizens can support from outside war zone.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
May 29, 2018, 11:33:54 AM
I read a lot about the history of world wars from various literature, that the third world war is the last battle of the world's largest, and resulted in all the internet network dead.

no electricity, no vehicles, we will experience primitive battles such as using swords, arrows, and others.

and that is the end of human life.
the effect on bitcoin is death.
Yeah that might happen, we know that many countries are now starting to make weapons of mass destruction, that is nuclear and if World War 3 explodes, certainly billions of people will die and we will re-enter in stone age, no electricity, no internet, etc. because everything will definitely focus on war. I hope it will not happen, because it can kill bitcoin as well..
Activity: 161
May 29, 2018, 11:31:48 AM
I think war will only increase the value of bitcoin.  People will seek safe place to store their money away from centralized government who can anytime take out peoples money from banks to fund the war.
Activity: 186
May 29, 2018, 11:27:10 AM
Wars will affect a big bad to bitcoin. If world war 3 happens then bitcoin price will come to its below and maybe bitcoin will end of its era. Because of its world war man! We all know what happens in a war!  Thought this question is like not related to crypto and I don't want to think about world war 3  Smiley
Activity: 104
CryptoCurrency
May 29, 2018, 11:26:18 AM
Of course bitcoin can make a war, i mean when someone do a transaction through bitcoin, it can't be cancelled by everything. Not like transfer money from bank account to another bank which has limit. If any country transfer any amounts of bitcoin as war cost, the bank can't cancelled the transaction. However the amount of bitcoin can't be cancelled. So the war can be easily happen through bitcoin.
Activity: 98
May 29, 2018, 11:19:46 AM
Well this is a good question, what happens to bitcoin when the world is in a state of war (like world war 3)? I think bitcoin will definitely decrease in value quite drastically because many people will exchange bitcoin with paper money to be used because the conditions are very urgent and dangerous.
Activity: 26
May 29, 2018, 11:09:31 AM
i  think that war can not bring down bitcoin, rather it will help bitcoin to grow higher. because  everyone will be look for a save place to save their finances that they have work all their lives . and again, no body will like their government to control it for them. and the place that government does not have power, is on bitcoin.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
May 29, 2018, 11:04:57 AM
While commenting on one of threads over here. A really interesting thought popped into my mind. What will happen when there will be coming a huge war?
Even a World War III? Will Bitcoin pump or dump? What role will Bitcoin play? We all know the economy and the currencies are very vulnerable in wars.
I would like to hear some interesting thoughts, even maybe some full detailed articles? Anything would be very welcomed.

Small partial war will affect Bitcoin, making it valuable, as the government is destroyed and the FIAT is losing its consensus.
However, we don't expect a world war. If so, no one and no coins will survive.
True there is no coin can survive if there could be some war that may happen cause if its abd so we cant be able to take what currency we have for hope this will not happen.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
May 29, 2018, 10:57:19 AM
There could be both positive and negative options during a war .
First of all let's look at the positive ones :-
 * If there are 2 counties engaging in wars then they will then to use up their supply and money and their economical value will go down, the local currency can literally be dead , but Bitcoins is supported by the whole world thus it can really help people at that time as long as the two countries engaging in war are not so big supporter of Bitcoins it won't have an effect on that and could be a really great investment.

* Sometimes the government takes over and cuts the supply of money at that time Bitcoins can take over and be used by people , since it's essentially decentralized.

The negative impacts could be :+
* If the war is so destructible then people would loose everything their food supply their water supply and that could mean no internet , meaning no Bitcoins usage , they won't be able to encash even if something happens ..it will be useless.
Activity: 378
Merit: 125
May 29, 2018, 10:51:31 AM
maybe bitcoin value will increase because bitcoin is a digital asset that does not depend on the financial system of any country. so the value of bitcoin will remain stable even will increase if world war 3 happened. because many people are going to secure their assets into digital currency
Activity: 490
Merit: 258
May 29, 2018, 10:36:01 AM
Are you a meth head? If war happens, nobody will even care about bitcoins anymore except those oligarch that is ready to buy cheap. The real question is - what will happen to bitcoin price AFTER the war?

read the history of banking and you'll be definitely mind flipped.
Pages:
Jump to: