Pages:
Author

Topic: How wars can affect Bitcoin? - page 4. (Read 782 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
May 23, 2018, 03:31:41 PM
Bitcoin is often used as a crisis currency. South Korea and China share land borders with North Korea, and both of those countries are currently large buyers of Bitcoin. Should a war break out, I imagine you would see considerable amounts of South Korean and Chinese wealth move into Bitcoin.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
May 23, 2018, 03:01:40 PM
While commenting on one of threads over here. A really interesting thought popped into my mind. What will happen when there will be coming a huge war?
Even a World War III? Will Bitcoin pump or dump? What role will Bitcoin play? We all know the economy and the currencies are very vulnerable in wars.
I would like to hear some interesting thoughts, even maybe some full detailed articles? Anything would be very welcomed.
If World war three breaks off who would think about bitcoin at that point, people would be ruining for their lives and trying to find shelter and safe place to hide, i would say that if world war three breaks off in a specific place like middle east for example it won't affect the bitcoin price as much as it would if it breaks in USA or Europe, because it only affects the people using bitcoin in that area, the percentage of people using bitcoin in middle east is very low and it won't affect the price of the bitcoin, and the percentage of people using bitcoin for example in Asia are high so it would would affect the price, you see where i am going with this.
Activity: 70
May 23, 2018, 02:43:21 PM
The price will rise. If there is a war in a country, people will prefer to put their money into a decentralized currency such as bitcoin. Because they will be able to use their money in abroad easily and without any difficulty and they won't need banks any more.

Absolutely agree with you. But there would be a problem for countries which haven't accepted BTC yet...
Activity: 90
May 23, 2018, 02:13:06 PM
War is destruction, I do not expect that. If the Third World War is organized. Then Bitcoin can move on both, (one) for help in the war-fed country, Bitcoin can be used, for supply of food and medicines. (Two) People can buy bitcoin for their money savings. All the countries will be able to buy them through their Bitcoin, Ammunition,Bought, and this will increase the price of Bitcoin.
Activity: 238
May 23, 2018, 02:00:52 PM
War is not a good experience some one need to have, because population reduced, and it affects many things including online transaction base on the country that affected. While here on bitcoin does not want such experience because it will affect the market.
Activity: 13
May 23, 2018, 01:56:43 PM
Yeah maybe, but if the war affects the miners, the system will continue to slow down and there sure will be the threat of a massive dumb in price..

As long as there is demand there will be miners. I can see war affecting miners, but I can also see them going underground.
Activity: 205
Merit: 20
May 23, 2018, 01:45:41 PM
Take a look on the chart for gold prices around times of war.
https://goldsurvivalguide.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/War-vs-Gold-Price.png

I think BTC willl follow a similar pattern as at the moment it only serves as store of value.

Good read at:
https://marketrealist.com/2015/11/threat-war-impacts-gold-prices

Yeah maybe, but if the war affects the miners, the system will continue to slow down and there sure will be the threat of a massive dumb in price..
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
May 23, 2018, 01:43:05 PM
Wars destroys market and Bitcoin needs the market for it to flourish
Activity: 61
Merit: 17
May 23, 2018, 01:35:13 PM
Wars based on economy
Btcoin is the economy
In the future btcoin will be our economy and it will be a wepon that people use to fight
There is what we call war economy it happen between those who have a strong economy
So If btcoin will raise the economy will raise and a big bad war will happen .
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
May 23, 2018, 01:26:35 PM
Make peace not war. BTC can be used in war but why think of war when we should always think of peace and prosperity. BTC should be use to improve our lives not to create conflicts that may cause destruction to others and even yourself.
Activity: 13
May 23, 2018, 01:19:52 PM
Take a look on the chart for gold prices around times of war.
https://goldsurvivalguide.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/War-vs-Gold-Price.png

I think BTC willl follow a similar pattern as at the moment it only serves as store of value.

Good read at:
https://marketrealist.com/2015/11/threat-war-impacts-gold-prices
Activity: 229
May 23, 2018, 01:15:38 PM
To me i will say that bitcoin can be dumped if there happen to be world war 3 because people will only be thinking about there lives and not about bitcoin or money
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
May 23, 2018, 12:45:52 PM
I believe that when thing won't be in order, then everyone would seek the safe place to keep their wealth and as we all know, banks have no responsibility to keep your money safe and if there is any critical issue with the cash crunch, bank can deny payment to you even if it is your money and it is likely to happen during the situations like war. On the other hand, you keep your money in crypto and you have full right to use it in the way you want but there is a risk of price volatility. However, I would still be happy to have some part of my money instead of clear rejection from the bank to use my money. Something is always better than nothing in my opinion.
Activity: 30
May 22, 2018, 11:14:11 PM
Jika ada peperangan di suatu tempat, mungkin dengan harga bitcoint akan selalu meningkat, tetapi kalau peperangan besar yang terjadi mungkin akan men hancurkan, saya percaya bitcoint selalu hidup, dan tu juga keterg\ntungan dari internet
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
April 09, 2018, 09:30:49 AM
 It depends on the kind of war, if the war is local then that it is not going to have a great effect on the price of bitcoin however if it's as big as you are proposing and we have a World War III then everything is over, nuclear weapons would probably be used at that point and it's likely that the Internet will become heavily censored it and it's likely the same will happen with bitcoin at least on the first stages of the war but if the war is as bad as we think bitcoin will be the last of our problem, we would be thinking on how to get spears and begin another revolution. Lol
Activity: 308
Merit: 120
March 26, 2018, 09:53:23 PM
Personally , i think that war will have big impact on the value of bitcoin. In war , countries need to buy weapons, but they will prefer to buy it anonimously to avoid any problems. They will have to pay it in Bitcoin. Therefore, the demand on bitcoin will increase , which will cause its value to rise.
Activity: 224
March 26, 2018, 09:44:26 PM
I think fiat money in peacetime is universal, but in wartime fiat money will be affected by inflation, or even worthless.

The best currency in times of war is gold and BTC. The more volatile the situation, the greater the price of BTC and gold.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
March 26, 2018, 09:39:42 PM
I think that if there is an international war, the price of bitcoin will fall because war will affect the country’s direct peaceful development and affect the economic market.
And not only that, in the case of war the priorities of the people change substantially people no longer spend their money in useless stuff as they do in peacetime they are going to save every penny just in case they need that money in order to buy something important, and in the middle of the war an speculative investment like bitcoin is not going to be the priority of the people.
Activity: 1210
Merit: 100
March 23, 2018, 07:26:14 PM
May be bitcoin price will rise, korean and japanese people buy bitcoin due to the growing war in north korea. In my oppinion they will buy bitcoin so when war is happen then they still can use their bitcoin outside of their countries and the citizens can support from outside war zone.
I do not agree with you, because when the war happens bitcoin will not be noticed by them, especially with a long transaction and expensive transactions. so the bitcoin value will fall and not even worth it.

but if before the war, they can buy weapons using bitcoins. because bitcoin can fool the enemy.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
March 23, 2018, 07:24:00 PM
While commenting on one of threads over here. A really interesting thought popped into my mind. What will happen when there will be coming a huge war?
Even a World War III? Will Bitcoin pump or dump? What role will Bitcoin play? We all know the economy and the currencies are very vulnerable in wars.
I would like to hear some interesting thoughts, even maybe some full detailed articles? Anything would be very welcomed.
If such a war occurs,then definitely people would give first preference to their food and shelter.A Actually no one would be ready to sell any products and accept bitcoin as payment at that time.So people would start selling their bitcoins much earlier on seeing the war signs.So it will cause bitcoin price to crash as the supply of bitcoins in the market would exceed the demand.
Pages:
Jump to: