Pages:
Author

Topic: How wars can affect Bitcoin? - page 7. (Read 782 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 103
March 12, 2018, 06:28:47 PM
I think the price will pump but it depends on who the war is with. North korea will buy up all the bitcoins so they can spend it on weapons from dodgy dealers. Buying guns and missiles on the black market must cost a few million btc! Financial sanctions will be imposed so bitcoin will be the only way to buy stuff.
Activity: 224
Merit: 9
March 12, 2018, 12:44:00 PM
I think war can effect Bitcoin in just a positive way. With a big ( world) war all people and governments are not secure/safe, so many people would try to safe their money in alternative ways. One of them is surely bitcoin.
Activity: 111
Merit: 3
March 12, 2018, 12:37:46 PM
While commenting on one of threads over here. A really interesting thought popped into my mind. What will happen when there will be coming a huge war?
Even a World War III? Will Bitcoin pump or dump? What role will Bitcoin play? We all know the economy and the currencies are very vulnerable in wars.
I would like to hear some interesting thoughts, even maybe some full detailed articles? Anything would be very welcomed.
I'll say dump. Discussing this enormous phenomena is just between governments to governments. A process of purchasing weapons will always be back to basic, of course using our legal currency mandated by law. The first public action to do is to be secure and sufficiently sustainable. This digital currency maybe stop without specific time given when will be the war ends. On this hypocritical idea seems like it's an ambiguous circumstance to think because I think it will not be possible to happen.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
March 11, 2018, 11:50:02 PM
I think it will have a huge impact, even the economy of the country will drop down and affect the inflation, and it will drive bitcoin price to drop down, because there will be less transaction when there is a war, and the Internet will be broken, people will be thinking of surviving and they will used the easiest thing to buy things, it will be either fiat or gold
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
March 11, 2018, 11:34:02 PM
While commenting on one of threads over here. A really interesting thought popped into my mind. What will happen when there will be coming a huge war?
Even a World War III? Will Bitcoin pump or dump? What role will Bitcoin play? We all know the economy and the currencies are very vulnerable in wars.
I would like to hear some interesting thoughts, even maybe some full detailed articles? Anything would be very welcomed.
Human extinction is imminent and lots of properties will be destroyed if ever WWIII will occur. If you do survive the war i believe survival will be your top priority and bitcoin will be the least of your concern.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
March 11, 2018, 11:43:01 PM
If the war is of a local nature, it can cause an increase in the price of the crypto currency in this region, as we saw in the example of the Korean region. However, if the war is global and will affect most countries, I think that the Internet will be disrupted and it will stop working. At the same time, access to the crypto currency will not be possible, they will simply forget about it because people will have other problems and, above all, the problem of normal survival. In the period of global cataclysms, barter comes first in trade, even gold and precious metals may lose. its importance.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
March 11, 2018, 11:30:44 PM
When the war took place, I thought that the Internet would be closed. In this case, I think that Bitcoin would become worthless at that time, because the Internet is one of the basics of Bitcoin. If not, people can't trade, then Bitcoin. The role will be gone.
Activity: 131
Merit: 12
I am a baby to cryptocurrency~
March 11, 2018, 11:27:39 PM
It is the end of all cryptocurrencies. Or only the one with safe place can continue the works. So, maybe those dictator will keep it alive until the peace come. Even if it maybe the end, we can still keep the private key for the future, right? Whose knows what future will become.
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
March 11, 2018, 11:21:25 PM

If World War 3 happens , you will not have much of the infrastructure and machines left to calculate your bitcoins profit. Also, there will be a few people left and most of the financial institutions will also get destroyed. I guess money will not be that important in such a situation. There will be demand for only basic jobs like agriculture and reals estate work for constructing new homes. All those mining equipment will also get destroyed and I think bitcoin will completely collapse in such a situation.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
March 11, 2018, 11:09:50 PM
So bitcoin will be like gold, and because of the consensus of the world, the price of bitcoin will rise sharply.
Because there are a lot of people who use paper money to buy a lot of bitcoin.
Activity: 32
March 11, 2018, 11:04:30 PM
War will make the currency depreciate and difficult to use. Then the price of BTC will increase
Activity: 854
March 11, 2018, 10:55:12 PM
I think if world war is happening, I don't think bitcoin will be useful at that moment because everyone will be focusing on war and not into earning. This will be the time when bitcoin will be floated and only few people will just use it.
Activity: 88
Merit: 1
March 11, 2018, 10:47:09 PM
If world war broke out, all cryptocurrency will die because one of the most target is telecommunication,  internet is number one to distruct all server will be disconnected and also bitcoin is affected.
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
March 11, 2018, 10:46:13 PM
If that happen maybe bitcoin will dump because all holders are selling bitcoin to convert it in to cash. And i think bitcoin totally dead if have a huge war because internet will die.
Activity: 816
Merit: 133
March 11, 2018, 10:39:40 PM
I think if something like this happens, the price of Bitcoin will increase as people will lose the faith on govt. and will try to secure their money. Keeping cash with them can be very risky so they will try to secure their money by converting into a digital form where no govt can affect its value. This will inc the buying vol. in the market, hence the price will rise.

You might be right but I think there would still be a lot of users that will sell their coins for self-preservation especially to those countries who are in the middle of the war. How did I end up with that conclusion? Let's say people evacuated from the war zone and choose to go abroad or to evacuate in other countries, most likely they wouldn't have enough money on hand that they could use whenever they are already or successfully arrived in a safe zone or country. The chances of these people to cash out their coins are high given the fact that they need food, shelter, clothes, and other basic necessities. If these happen there might also be a chance that the value of Bitcoin will depreciate as a lot of people did cash out of their coins.
Activity: 1092
LuckyB.it is Back!
March 11, 2018, 10:27:27 PM
War or any kind of big issues are happening in the world it is totally collapsed. Because crypto market is day by day circulation is important in this platform once it will stop sudden dump is possible in the Market. The important need of crypto platform is internet so some crashes are possible in the huge war it is completely destroyed.
Activity: 59
March 11, 2018, 10:21:33 PM
If war breaks out, the legal currencies of all countries will be affected and they will not support transactions with each other. Then the price of Bitcoin must rise and become the mainstream currency between the world. Most countries in different camps will use Bitcoin for trading. Because they cannot monitor, everyone can use Bitcoin to trade.
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
March 11, 2018, 10:11:18 PM
Bitcoins would be the least of your concern if World War III breaks out. Cryptocurrency is dependent on the internet, telecom infrastructures will be targeted, even satellites. There is a thread somewhere in this forum...No internet, no bitcoins.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
March 11, 2018, 07:19:18 PM
It depends on the scope of the war, if the war is local then that is not going to have a great effect on the price of bitcoin however if it's as big as you are proposing and we have a World War III then everything is over, nuclear weapons would probably be used at that point and it's likely that the Internet will become heavily censored it and it's likely the same will happen with bitcoin at least on the first stages of the war but if the war is as bad as we think bitcoin will be the last of our problems.
Activity: 235
Merit: 101
a sharp sword
March 11, 2018, 07:18:01 PM
Unless people are looking to invest into something to store their assets in something other than traditional currency to avoid any issues with fiat currencies being affected by war. I don't think Bitcoin itself will take much of a impact directly from war it will be more of the impact it has on traditional currencies and what the people invest into.
Bitcoin should impact wars because there is money with Bitcoin. People can transfer millions without a bank or with someone that needs to verify the amount.
Pages:
Jump to: