Pages:
Author

Topic: How will this change the world of mining?? GTX 1080 / 1070 - page 5. (Read 134091 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I picked up the PNY GTX1070 XLR8 edition. I am finding that OC settings are completely different with this one compared to my EVGA

With EVGA the power limit had no effect on fan speeds or the memory clock. The GPU clock was unaffected by the memory OC.

With this PNY I am finding the fans are a factor in the power target and than the memory clock OC affects the GPU core

Not sure how to go about the OC settings for this one now. Should I just go high as the GPU core clock allows me and than work the memory up to an ideal Sol/s range on ZEC?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Hello, im new to mining but I got a 1070 and it says in Slushs pool that I have a Gh/s Rate of 1.054 if that helps somehow (i have no idea if that good or bad but just for your information in case somebody is interested Cheesy)

It is impressive how much more powerful GPUs have become.  I primarily used 5830's ( ~290 MH/s each) for my BTC GPU rigs.

However, don't mine BTC with a GPU; mine ZEC.

i remember that was the selling point of the block erupter "300MH/s means 1 block erupter replaces a GPU!"  3-4x computing increase for GPUs in 4 yers seems pretty close to Moore's law
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
Hello, im new to mining but I got a 1070 and it says in Slushs pool that I have a Gh/s Rate of 1.054 if that helps somehow (i have no idea if that good or bad but just for your information in case somebody is interested Cheesy)

It is impressive how much more powerful GPUs have become.  I primarily used 5830's ( ~290 MH/s each) for my BTC GPU rigs.

However, don't mine BTC with a GPU; mine ZEC.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
I think I can get my 980ti to mine @ 1GHASH as well. But a waste of time.
They tested the opencl bitcoinminer, wich is slower than ccminer.
You can get the performance of the 1080 for free if you just know wich software to run.
And which software as of now is the best to run on the 980ti to get 1080 hashing power?
Has this changed in the last 2.5 months that is was posted?

The 1080 is the fastest ZEC miner.

Well, actually it's the pascal titan-x.

Does anyone here have a pascal titan-x?  What hashrates is it capable of with ZEC / ETH / XMR?

I don't think it can approach the hash/$ of a 1070, but I would still like to know what a 6x titan-x is capable of.
38mh at eth
660sol/s at zec
Titan x pascal...
Activity: 224
CryptoLearner
You can get the performance of the 1080 for free if you just know wich software to run.
And which software as of now is the best to run on the 980ti to get 1080 hashing power?

Does anyone here have a pascal titan-x?  What hashrates is it capable of with ZEC / ETH / XMR?

I don't think it can approach the hash/$ of a 1070, but I would still like to know what a 6x titan-x is capable of.

Browse EWBF thread for titan X zcash, quite a few guys posted their numbers.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
I would like to see XMR come into the picture as a profitable coin for the Nvidia cards.  Just having ZEC really makes this a hard sell for me to buy some 1070's.  I have a rig I need to retrofit with some updated cards and I am considering the 1070's for this rig. 

I would like to add some diversity to my rigs to give me options if things start to go bad for the AMD cards the Nvidia cards may be able to help stablize the cash flow, and vice versa.  Having different cards with different strengths could be a real bonus.  So I was hoping there was some activity to improve the hashing on some other coins to help make the sale that I should add the 1070's into the mix.  It is a hard sale when the cost is so high for these cards.  So I am just looking for some more bright spots for the 1070 to help make the case for spending the extra money.

nvidia are good on other algo, like monero, lbry, lbry currently rised a bit and it's again with good profit better than ethereum for nvidia
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
I would like to see XMR come into the picture as a profitable coin for the Nvidia cards.  Just having ZEC really makes this a hard sell for me to buy some 1070's.  I have a rig I need to retrofit with some updated cards and I am considering the 1070's for this rig. 

I would like to add some diversity to my rigs to give me options if things start to go bad for the AMD cards the Nvidia cards may be able to help stablize the cash flow, and vice versa.  Having different cards with different strengths could be a real bonus.  So I was hoping there was some activity to improve the hashing on some other coins to help make the sale that I should add the 1070's into the mix.  It is a hard sale when the cost is so high for these cards.  So I am just looking for some more bright spots for the 1070 to help make the case for spending the extra money.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Also zec nethash sometimes mystically jumps to 90Mh/s, hard to make mining profitability calculations. Wonder where that hash comes from.
CryptoLearner
Does anyone know if there is an effort to improve the hash rate on XMR with these cards?  

sp_ seems to have made a private miner that make 900+ h/sec on gtx 1070, but he's been silent for the last week. So we dunno if it's going to be closed private, private with donation.

it doesn't really matter, even at 1000 hash it's more profitable to mine zcash, the diff increased on monero

True for now, after the fork not sure. Also zcash going down a bit nowadays, i like to count on several coin for the future  Wink but for now 100% with you, zcash is king  Cool

what fork? i'm missing something about zcash?

Oh sorry i wasn't clear, i was speaking about the monero fork that could increase it's value.
legendary
Does anyone know if there is an effort to improve the hash rate on XMR with these cards?  

sp_ seems to have made a private miner that make 900+ h/sec on gtx 1070, but he's been silent for the last week. So we dunno if it's going to be closed private, private with donation.

it doesn't really matter, even at 1000 hash it's more profitable to mine zcash, the diff increased on monero

True for now, after the fork not sure. Also zcash going down a bit nowadays, i like to count on several coin for the future  Wink but for now 100% with you, zcash is king  Cool

what fork? i'm missing something about zcash?
CryptoLearner

legendary

CryptoLearner

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
pretty sure my ASUS Strix 1070 (micron) might be an RMA - after ~3months of working fine, it now crashes after a few hours of mining and I need to either reboot or force the display driver to restart.

i switched the ribbon riser to USB3 without any change. next step is to put it on a different system and see if the issue follows
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Activity: 138
Pages:
Jump to: