Pages:
Author

Topic: How would you like to design a bitcoin banknote? - page 36. (Read 94792 times)

vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
Upon printout at home would someone be able to use ANY type of paper or would check paper be used? Would be cool to print on parchment or construction paper :-D

That would be up to the person printing it, but most people would printing it for utility value, not for a show piece.  It is a throwaway item.

From the user's perspective:  "as a user of this program, I want to be able to print a single-use throwaway bank note so I can put small amounts of bitcoin cash in my wallet, and I want it to look prettier than a plain white piece of paper with two bar codes and the word bitcoin on it, but not to the point it uses excessive ink like a photo, and not to the point where I have to buy anything in advance for it to look right."

I want this to look more like CASH than a check.  Look at the artistic features on a dollar or euro - the lines, the adorned text - what I want resembles that.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
(:firstbits => "1mantis")
casascius, I think you got a winner here.

I am looking for creative visually-appealing artwork (a drawing), not a form design. 

I recommend using just regular printer checks. You can even print the public key where the bank routing numbers would go.

I am looking for an image to go into a freeware program or website that enables anyone to print nice-looking bitcoin cash on plain paper on their own home printer whenever they want.  I am not trying to create physical bills myself.

Upon printout at home would someone be able to use ANY type of paper or would check paper be used? Would be cool to print on parchment or construction paper :-D
vip

I am looking for creative visually-appealing artwork (a drawing), not a form design. 

I recommend using just regular printer checks. You can even print the public key where the bank routing numbers would go.

I am looking for an image to go into a freeware program or website that enables anyone to print nice-looking bitcoin cash on plain paper on their own home printer whenever they want.  I am not trying to create physical bills myself.
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
The Future Of Work
thank you I'm glad my work is finally gaining traction in this community. I appreciate your contribution, but I ask that in the future all donations be made in amounts evenly divisible by 420 Satoshis, for my convenience and yours
I'm probably going to regret this, but what do you call a unit of 420 Satoshis?

a Bushel.

Being such a small amount, how about "shake" as in "saké" but without the "h"?
rxw
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
thank you I'm glad my work is finally gaining traction in this community. I appreciate your contribution, but I ask that in the future all donations be made in amounts evenly divisible by 420 Satoshis, for my convenience and yours

a Bushel.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
A "weed", probably.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
rxw

payments for genius art can be directed to: 1RXWrxw3JBVv4AKy9UGSrXnQefwzWJUmM

I sent you a fraction of a coin.  Worth it for the lolz.

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

I sent you a fraction of a coin.  Worth it for the lolz.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Blank check security paper

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break

LOL
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

lol
rxw

legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.

i tried doing a bitcoin banknote once upon a time

here's what i came up with ...

front and back

Awesome.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
i tried doing a bitcoin banknote once upon a time

here's what i came up with ...

front and back
vip
Mike -- if you make it, I'm buying it!

If I make it, you get it for free.  This is something I am looking to pay for to give away, not to sell!
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
Mike -- if you make it, I'm buying it!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
or if anyone, it ought to honor famous scientists or engineers that brought about fundamental advances in the science of computing.
Then it should be Taher Elgamal on whose idea bitcoin security is based on. Smiley
Activity: 815
Merit: 1000
or if anyone, it ought to honor famous scientists or engineers that brought about fundamental advances in the science of computing.
Or pictures of the LHC, Cern, ISS, Apollo rockets, internet, fire, electricity, light, bridges and other similar great advancements in science/engineering.
vip
will this be paper? Will this be like the bitchecks that people are kicking around with the checks with the private key hidden with a hologram or is this something new?

Yes, these would be paper, meant for users to home-print.

The private key would be in plain sight however.  Their purpose would be for someone to "be their own bank", print cash, and spend it in person.  Put another way, they are an avenue for anyone to make cheap disposable physical bitcoins for their own personal use.

Bank notes seem to come with faces, so perhaps use guy fawkes as Nakamoto.

Ideally, the banknote will contain neutral imagery suitable for a worldwide audience.  Being decentralized, it's a plausible idea that it should not honor any person or have any faces - or if anyone, it ought to honor famous scientists or engineers that brought about fundamental advances in the science of computing.

For the purposes of this project, if a design contemplates honoring a person, then no specific person should be added at this point - instead, a cutout ought to be defined where another image (vector or raster as appropriate) could be inserted programmatically.
Pages:
Jump to: