Pages:
Author

Topic: how you guys think about MERIT ? - page 4. (Read 939 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 107
Keep Working
January 28, 2018, 01:45:15 AM
Beside sMerit there should be another way to get merit points, like 1 merit for every 50 posts, 1 merit for 1 month with 50 posts or something similar, as now it depends only on merit spreaders to whom they want to give merit points.

Currently it is too early to say anything, however most probably sooner or later we'll see the improvements and your suggestion is also good.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
January 28, 2018, 01:22:47 AM
It was well intended I think and to me it has several pros and cons but I think the pro of less spam on the forums is heavily outweighed by the cons that are now in our current system.

PROS

-less spam
--less bots and farmers
---more quality posting

CONS

-unfair to those who were about to rank up
--merit points not distributed fairly either (distro between ranks)
---merit points not distrbuted fairly amongst same ranks; ie how does somebody with 121 activity and 239 activity get same merit points?
----system is too political now and some may give up after not receiving any or little merits for a while

Really good point here, I think merit system needs a lot of improvement. It is not good for new members. Beside sMerit there should be another way to get merit points, like 1 merit for every 50 posts, 1 merit for 1 month with 50 posts or something similar, as now it depends only on merit spreaders to whom they want to give merit points.
Activity: 308
Merit: 102
January 28, 2018, 01:13:56 AM
hi guys i am new in this forum, how do i get merit please help me
Read this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/merit-new-rank-requirements-2818350

But to be honest, you won't get any if all you can do is post bounty entries.

... and who decides a "shit" vs "good quality"? It is my opinion, and I have expressed it. It is your opinion that it is wrong mentality, so be it!
The users who care about this forum. If you keep making good posts, you will get merits at some point.

And before you ask what is a "good post", I would say that if you make insightful posts insted of posts whose sole purpose is to increase your activity, you are in the right track.

Of course, I agree with that. Issue is, lots of people who made fluff post went much ahead of me, as I tend to not post if I do not have something to say. I am here since 2013, and it was not my interest to climb up the rank by racking up "activity" or "post count". In fact, when I joined, "post count" alone was enough, as the concept of "activity" came later. So, I definitely pissed off at all the free riders who are "hero member" or above now by doing the exact same thing the "merit" system is intended to prevent. I am also pissed at myself that I should have done the same thing, and now stuck in an unjust way. It is hard for you to digest, I guess.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
January 28, 2018, 12:45:01 AM
Read this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/merit-new-rank-requirements-2818350

But to be honest, you won't get any if all you can do is post bounty entries.

... and who decides a "shit" vs "good quality"? It is my opinion, and I have expressed it. It is your opinion that it is wrong mentality, so be it!
The users who care about this forum. If you keep making good posts, you will get merits at some point.

And before you ask what is a "good post", I would say that if you make insightful posts insted of posts whose sole purpose is to increase your activity, you are in the right track.
January 28, 2018, 12:42:36 AM
Well to tell you frankly... I feel really disappointed about that MERIT thing they are putting in this forum... So I could not be promoted anymore because I'm sure that I will never get the required MERITS so that I will be promoted... no one cares here to give anyone a MERIT.. not everyone here are the likes of the Good Samaritan, so this thing is just a hindrance for low ranking members like us to become legendary members just like you! We are desperate, hungry and thirsty to be promoted to a much higher rank but why are you stopping us from being promoted?

I agree. Also this completely takes away the incentive of spending time on the forum, and making general posts. Even if you make quality post, it is unlikely to collect enough merit. It is almost like rich getting richer and poor remaining poor scheme.
Lol that is wrong mentality, do not think merit system will stack you in your current ranked you should know what is the main purpose of this new features of this forum. Make it a challenge to change our way of posting from shit to good quality.

Merit: 0
January 28, 2018, 12:28:02 AM
Activity: 196
Merit: 122
January 28, 2018, 12:20:40 AM
Well to tell you frankly... I feel really disappointed about that MERIT thing they are putting in this forum... So I could not be promoted anymore because I'm sure that I will never get the required MERITS so that I will be promoted... no one cares here to give anyone a MERIT.. not everyone here are the likes of the Good Samaritan, so this thing is just a hindrance for low ranking members like us to become legendary members just like you! We are desperate, hungry and thirsty to be promoted to a much higher rank but why are you stopping us from being promoted?

I agree. Also this completely takes away the incentive of spending time on the forum, and making general posts. Even if you make quality post, it is unlikely to collect enough merit. It is almost like rich getting richer and poor remaining poor scheme.
Lol that is wrong mentality, do not think merit system will stack you in your current ranked you should know what is the main purpose of this new features of this forum. Make it a challenge to change our way of posting from shit to good quality.
January 27, 2018, 10:12:54 PM

Activity: 104
January 27, 2018, 09:26:37 PM
Activity: 126
January 26, 2018, 10:41:49 AM
i also feel that merit point is good start, and our bitcoin talk forum will have quality post. Nowadays bitcoin talk forum hard to find useful info and need take too much time to get the answer. By starting merit will reduce spam, user can easy to find the useful info. All the best bitcoin talk team, this is a good start 2018. Wink Wink
Activity: 124
Merit: 0
January 26, 2018, 07:35:54 AM
How you guys thinks about MERIT? good? or?
any opinion ?
Well for me merit is a good thing that implemented by the administrator theymos, it will make the person here to be responsible to post with value. It is a kind of thing that can incourage the person to do the work with high quality, also since everyone is permitted to give merit to someone's post so all will surely working together as one community here, I am really happy for this one because we will now feel the presence of all.
Activity: 238
Merit: 105
January 26, 2018, 05:11:33 AM
I guess it was needed to separate the weed, but it personally hurts me. I am a long time member, and now in the mercy of people to achieve next level. I would rather have a more deterministic way to get there - activity is definitely one metric, but blocking promotion based on additional merit collection is unjust. Of course I am biased as I am getting screwed in the process, and I can see tons of hero members who joined in the bitcoin world lot later than me, and are now hero just because they joined bitcointalk at the right time when the activity crap came on.

It is kinda harsh on those that are basically alone here, so to speak. There should be an incentive to spend sMerits on quality posts. No clue on how that could possibly be done, though.
January 25, 2018, 09:18:18 PM
I guess it was needed to separate the weed, but it personally hurts me. I am a long time member, and now in the mercy of people to achieve next level. I would rather have a more deterministic way to get there - activity is definitely one metric, but blocking promotion based on additional merit collection is unjust. Of course I am biased as I am getting screwed in the process, and I can see tons of hero members who joined in the bitcoin world lot later than me, and are now hero just because they joined bitcointalk at the right time when the activity crap came on.
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
January 25, 2018, 09:17:26 PM
I didn't know what is merit is all about or what is the use of it but i have merit in my profile. Anyone knows what is merit for?
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content
January 25, 2018, 09:13:10 PM
It was well intended I think and to me it has several pros and cons but I think the pro of less spam on the forums is heavily outweighed by the cons that are now in our current system.

PROS

-less spam
--less bots and farmers
---more quality posting

CONS

-unfair to those who were about to rank up
--merit points not distributed fairly either (distro between ranks)
---merit points not distrbuted fairly amongst same ranks; ie how does somebody with 121 activity and 239 activity get same merit points?
----system is too political now and some may give up after not receiving any or little merits for a while
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
January 25, 2018, 09:04:09 PM
I don't like it too much because of its timing. They should have done this in the month of february. It slows the ranking process of users with quality posts but on the bright side, it filters the shitposting of the majority of the users in this forum.
There might be things that are unfair but this approach by theymos (the forum administrator) is pursuing new registered accounts to post with quality or stay on the topic to remove those garbage posts. But if you'll post with quality and you think it deserved to be merited then you can post in Meta or message me and I'll take a look at it then if it's counted that it contributed and it has quality then I'll merit it. But high quality post will be recognized so if you make one and start it this time, ranking up can be easier.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
January 25, 2018, 08:37:16 PM
any opinion ?

How? I use my brain thats how. How do you think about it?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you were trying to ask What we think about it and answer that.

Well hopefully it will keep the shiller, bot and spammer accounts away and I think it will highlight accounts that cannot form coherent thoughts so those that have many posts and no merit will be easier to identify to add to ignore lists. So I think it will be a good thing in the end but it will surely get gamed on occasion.

but how does merit work?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/merit-new-rank-requirements-2818350

Activity: 182
Merit: 11
January 25, 2018, 08:27:18 PM
I think merit is good. But Somehow its bad because this merit is the newly  ranking system of this crypto. Even if we are having a number of activity, they create another new ranking system. For newbie its nice i think, because newbie can got a lot merit even if they has no signature campaign. Well for the participant that having a signature campaign, merit can be treat as additional ranking system.
Activity: 294
Merit: 26
January 25, 2018, 08:22:24 PM
any opinion ?
I don't like it too much because of its timing. They should have done this in the month of february. It slows the ranking process of users with quality posts but on the bright side, it filters the shitposting of the majority of the users in this forum.
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
January 25, 2018, 08:11:22 PM
I think it's needed.  You can give merit by clicking the +merit button in the upper right corner of a given post, next to the quote button.  I think once it gets going it will be useful.  The only change I would make is make it a button you could click kind of like a reddit upvote button as opposed to opening another page and then trying to figure out how much merit you have available to give out.  I'd keep the merit limits, just make it easier to give is all.
Pages:
Jump to: