Pages:
Author

Topic: hsrminer - Nvidia mining software for various algos by palgin&alexkap - page 18. (Read 30774 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
I have an error following.
Could someone tell me what I should do?

C:\Users\Downloads\mining\hsrminer_neoscrypt.exe: URL not detected
Try `hsrminer --help' for more information.

What does your full batch file look like?
Activity: 2
I have an error following.
Could someone tell me what I should do?

C:\Users\Downloads\mining\hsrminer_neoscrypt.exe: URL not detected
Try `hsrminer --help' for more information.
Activity: 72
Why does hsrminer suddenly stops mining? After I hit Enter or other key it continues with no errors.
Activity: 702
Merit: 102
I am the Kung Fury...
Starting miner with a rig of 5 1070s gpu gives me an error of CPU_INIT.

Did anybody else have it?
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
I was having the same problems with the 1080ti, I was getting 1850kh/s with one card but after some time it would drop down to 1550 and stay there. Sometimes it was a few hours and then drop and sometimes it was longer. It was suggested to me that my video card driver was crashing in the background and although it wasn't crashing the system, the overclock software was not able to reconnect to the card and so the card was running at base stats and not being overclocked even though the software showed it as overclocked.

Interesting premise that I am trying out now. I rebooted the machine again, lowered the o/c from +140/+350 to +125/+300 and restarted hsrminer. Reported speed is now around 1280; let's see if it holds.

Welp, that didn't work... Exactly 1 hour after restarting at a lower o/c the hashrate dropped to ~1150 (instead of ~1170).

I've just started poking around in event viewer but haven't found anything yet on driver crashes. Not sure where to look, actually, but I'll figure it out eventually... I'm sure.

EDIT - actually, backing off the o/c may, indeed, have worked. I decided to reboot the machine and try +125/+300 again and it has been running fairly steady at 1220 kH/s for 6 hours now. I never did find the gpu driver crash in the logs, but that isn't saying much.

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Two requests:

Could someone possibly post an example of their bat file for hsrminer? I'm very new to all this and feel like I'm missing some stuff like the parameters (-i 5 and -c 4) you are talking about, I don't know where that goes.

Also, any recommendation for what my Paging File should be set at for "Initial Size" And "Max Size"?

I'm running 5 x GTX 1070's on a new rig with 24 GB RAM, 2 SSD drives, MSI z270 SLI PLUS and i7 - 7700 cpu. Windows 10.

Very grateful if someone could help.

This is mine

hsrminer_neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool.unimining.net:4235 -u walletaddress -p c=INN -i 5 -c 4

Might need tweaking but it seems to work well.
what does c parametr works for?
I was having the same problems with the 1080ti, I was getting 1850kh/s with one card but after some time it would drop down to 1550 and stay there. Sometimes it was a few hours and then drop and sometimes it was longer. It was suggested to me that my video card driver was crashing in the background and although it wasn't crashing the system, the overclock software was not able to reconnect to the card and so the card was running at base stats and not being overclocked even though the software showed it as overclocked.

Interesting premise that I am trying out now. I rebooted the machine, lowered the o/c from +140/+350 to +125/+300 and restarted hsrminer. Reported speed is now around 1280; let's see if it holds.

Activity: 308
nice miner, my GTX 1060 are doing around 800 kh now!
Just updating after almost 24hrs mining with 2 rigs: hashrate increased around 15%, power consumption increased around 10%
Activity: 106
Would be happy to switch to this from ccminer, but needs Awesome miner support, and TitanXP support. Right now, won't even run on Titan XP for some reason, even though its basically a 1080TI with an extra SM
Activity: 49
nice miner, my GTX 1060 are doing around 800 kh now!

1060 6GB? I haven't been able to get up that high with my 3GB models.

Here are some hashrates of my 8x 1060 3GB's:
 INFO : [18:58:23] : GPU#0 - EVGA GTX 1060 3GB, speed is 699.02kH/s
 INFO : [18:58:23] : GPU#1 - EVGA GTX 1060 3GB, speed is 647.80kH/s
 INFO : [18:58:23] : GPU#2 - EVGA GTX 1060 3GB, speed is 694.84kH/s
 INFO : [18:58:23] : GPU#3 - EVGA GTX 1060 3GB, speed is 711.64kH/s
 INFO : [18:58:23] : GPU#4 - EVGA GTX 1060 3GB, speed is 739.28kH/s
 INFO : [18:58:23] : GPU#5 - EVGA GTX 1060 3GB, speed is 719.61kH/s
 INFO : [18:58:23] : GPU#6 - EVGA GTX 1060 3GB, speed is 742.88kH/s
 INFO : [18:58:23] : GPU#7 - EVGA GTX 1060 3GB, speed is 728.52kH/s
Activity: 213
Merit: 3

I was running at maximum overclock and although it was stable with CCminer, it was not stable with HSRminer. I've resolved this issue by lowering the overclock just a bit to the point where the drops no longer occurred. I've also vastly increased the virtual memory and now I no longer have this drop in hashrate. I do not mess with -i or -c and so I can't confirm if any of that works, I can only tell you I was seeing the drops daily, and now I do not.

You can check your windows logs to see if the drivers are crashing, I've never checked the logs because once I made the changes it stopped happening. Hope this helps you guys..
Activity: 32
How much you guys are getting on the 1070?
Activity: 672
Merit: 265
Two requests:

Could someone possibly post an example of their bat file for hsrminer? I'm very new to all this and feel like I'm missing some stuff like the parameters (-i 5 and -c 4) you are talking about, I don't know where that goes.

Also, any recommendation for what my Paging File should be set at for "Initial Size" And "Max Size"?

I'm running 5 x GTX 1070's on a new rig with 24 GB RAM, 2 SSD drives, MSI z270 SLI PLUS and i7 - 7700 cpu. Windows 10.

This is mine

hsrminer_neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool.unimining.net:4235 -u walletaddress -p c=INN -i 5 -c 4

Might need tweaking but it seems to work well.
Two requests:

Here's my batch file for mining Trezarcoin on the official pool:

Code:
@echo off
cd\users\miner2\desktop\mining\hsrminer_neoscrypt
hsrminer_neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool.trezarcoin.com:6666 -u username.workername -p password
pause

@echo off just turns off repeating to the console - it's not necessary; the line starting with "cd\" switches to the directory (er, folder) where hsrminer_neoscrypt.exe is located - you will undoubtedly have to change this to match your setup; the pause command at the end keeps the window open in case the miner terminates so you can (maybe) see what happened.

The pool I am using requires you to create an account with your wallet address, password, etc. Most pools let you mine anonymously directly to a wallet and don't bother with passwords (or, most commonly, use "x" for the password). Workername is just to differentiate between multiple computers/rigs all mining to the same address/account.

Save the above text in a file ending in ".bat" and double-click to run it.

As for paging file, the minimum size is the sum of all your GPU's memory minus system memory, with the maximum recommended to be at least the sum of your GPU's memory, assuming no system memory is available.

EDIT - changed some verbiage for clarity
Activity: 4
Two requests:

Activity: 672
Merit: 265
Running 1 rig on this to see how it goes.

80 / 200 / 700

So far on 4 x 1070Ti + 1 x 3GB 1060 = 6450 Kh/s give or take.

Been stable for 45 mins
Quoting myself because sometime overnight the hashrate once again dropped down to the 1170 range, so adding the "-c 4" switch and setting intensity to 5 (-i 5) weren't the solution. If no one else is seeing this behavior then it must be a quirk of my system - Windows 7 Pro / SP1, 16GB RAM, AMD Phenom II x4 955 CPU, 1x GTX 1080 (for now - a second is one the way).

set swap file for 64-80g ... 6x1070ti eats 40+GB of memory

Only 1 GTX 1080 on this machine which has 16GB of system memory, so I don't need a paging/swap file at all, really. I will be adding 1 more GTC 1080 to it sometime next week - and then I might need a swap file - but I already set the swap file to 16GB minimum, 24GB maximum on the recommendation of dragonmike earlier (I honestly would have forgotten to do that had he not mentioned it, even though I did remember to manually set the swap file on my 6x 1060 Onda mining rig).

Activity: 144
that drop is due to miner fee .... when it ends there is small iddle time .... it was written somewhere here ....
and about -i ... yes ... i have intensity 3 only on my 70s ... 80ti and 70ti with no intensity set

That's what I thought at first, too, so I decided to let hsrminer continue running for over an hour longer and the hashrate didn't change - once it dropped down to ~1150-1170 it stayed there until I restarted it.

I'm currently trying -i 5 and -c 4 as suggested by dragonmike; as of now it's been running ~50 minutes so I should have an answer in the next 10-15 minutes.

EDIT - so far the hashrate is stable after more than 1 hour of operation so once again dragonmike saves the day!

EDIT2 - still stable at around 1310.

Quoting myself because sometime overnight the hashrate once again dropped down to the 1170 range, so adding the "-c 4" switch and setting intensity to 5 (-i 5) weren't the solution. If no one else is seeing this behavior then it must be a quirk of my system - Windows 7 Pro / SP1, 16GB RAM, AMD Phenom II x4 955 CPU, 1x GTX 1080 (for now - a second is one the way).

set swap file for 64-80g ... 6x1070ti eats 40+GB of memory
Activity: 1806
Merit: 148
3 weeks and no palgin in sight  Undecided Cry hope you are doing well man  Huh
I recently spoke with Palgin, he has small family problems, he promised to be later, so we look forward to his return
So, once again the hashrate dropped from ~1320 to ~1160 after 1 hour of mining, despite manually specifying a pagefile for Windows that grossly exceeds anything required at the moment (or, really, ever...).

As with Palgin's other miners, my pool results do not match my local reported speed. Since changing to this miner on my home mining rig the miner reported speed is around 500kh higher than my previous combination of tpruvot/1080ti and klausT/1070ti. However the reported speed at hashrefinery for that rig has now dropped to 300kh lower than before over the 12 hour test period.

Previous combined speed: 6.3kh
HSRMiner reported speed: 6.8kh
Pool average last 24hrs: 5.95kh

I noted something similar when I first brought up the drop in hashrate issue I've been dealing with; that the speed reported by the pool roughly matches the hashrate reported by hsrminer after it has dropped (usually, but not always, 1 hour into mining). That is to say, when I first start hsrminer the hashrate for my single GTX 1080 is around 1300, but after 15-30 minutes of operation the pool reports an average of 1120 or so. After 1 hour of mining the hashrate reported by hsrminer drops by 150 or so but the pool keeps reporting roughly the same hashrate.

Without going all conspiracy theorist here, it sure looks like hsrminer is trying to look busy while it might be watched, then goes back to loafing around the water cooler, so to speak.

Pages:
Jump to: