Pages:
Author

Topic: hsrminer - Nvidia mining software for various algos by palgin&alexkap - page 2. (Read 30774 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
We had all of our business rigs on hsrminer for a couple of months (until the algorithm wasn't as profitable as others) and we didn't have any problems with it. I still have a personal desktop using it for 3 months now and no problems either.  I don't have any issue with the devfee either - too many freeloaders these days that don't have the knowledge to create their own miner but expect others to give it to them for free.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Sounds like you guys should collaborate on the miner and split the devfee. Justaminer has spent quite some time figuring out what the end-users want, including API and reliability. I doubt that he had any ill intent by patching it in the beginning based on posts in respective thread. Slapping a devfee on a patched release was questionable, but that was done before Palgin's return.

Palgin's kernel optimization work is amazing. No questions about it.

We all would benefit if you two combine your knowledge and experience and make a great miner to try and beat that excavator which currently has ~10% advantage on 1080/1080Ti.

I don't approve patching someone else's proprietary binary, but when the only dev went AWOL, there was some excuse for it. If I were the original dev in such situation, I would expect an apology from someone who hacked my binary without my knowledge and would be open to suggestions and collaboration. But that's just me.

In any case, try to be respectful and open-minded. The last thing we need right now is a dev war in this space.

With respect,
SCSI
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Looks like the kernels have become popcorn.

Delicious.
Activity: 325
Merit: 2
It's sad to see that you were sick and lost friend, but don't accuse community of betraying you - community needed help and support, and part of the community choosed what is best for it.

Do you realise that 0.5% defvee is only 18 seconds per hour? Last time you claimed that your miner had 1% devfee and it's just a lie, because devfee actually is 70 seconds per hour and it's 1.94%

Let me give you good advice - never include destructive code in your software - only ordinary users will suffer from it.

1) I'm not accusing anyone, I've just posted two ways of thinking on the same problem, nothing more. And container is a shit when it comes to mining, doesn't matter how good it is, it will cost nothing without proper kernel. Which you can't say about kernel, give it input, you'll receive output, volia, solution, check it against target, volia, proper solution, not so much code, isn't it?

So "container is shit"? Interesting, probably that's why you decided not to spend time on coding own "container" and just took ccminer  Wink

2) The lie is that you do it for community, you do it only because I've hurted your oversized Ego, and don't think you've hidden your personality under this new account Wink

I understand that you feel yourself little dizzy after hospital, but you have mixed something up. I didn't even know who are you before I've started to use hsrminer in december. And with my fork I've actually helped people and they are grateful to me.

Are you right about devfee? Partially, man, partially, because dev pool connection is not momental, that value highly differs for every user and that doesn't mean that I gain anything from client connecting to server, only fools think so, for some users full dev time was 38-45 secs, for some it could take more as in your case. Even calculating this, kernel speed gave much more profit for end users, much more, none've pushed Neooscrypt so high before me on Pascal architecture and you're just a parasite in that case, you can write hundreds of reveals and investigations, that will change nothing.
Maybe in your perfect world users follow devs, idea, community, etc., in real world the only thing users follow is money.
In your case users switched for functionality, nothing more, so your crown is made of chocolate, man, be careful, chocolate's melting sometimes.

And let's make it bold!!!! 14528731478% DEVFEE, beware, liar, thief, criminal, freedom, ZOG, HOLD THE DOOR, hold the door, holdthdor, Hotdor, Hodor!!!

Too much words, too much emotions, too little facts. Okay guys, here we go. There are two work timelimits inside hsrminer - one is for user pool, and one is for devfee pool. Mr. Palgin set user pool work timelimit to exactly 3530 seconds, it's 58 minutes 50 seconds, and he set devfee pool work timelimit to exactly 70 seconds. How it all works - after miner works on user pool for 3530 seconds, it disconnects and switches pool to devfee one and mine there for 70 seconds. 3530+70=3600 - we get full hour. So every hour miner doesn't work for user pool at least 70 seconds  - it's minus 1.94% income for user.

Mr. Palgin is saying us that he doesn't get enough devfee due to non-momental pool switching, etc - but user doesn't need to care about that and suffer from that- user already lost 1.94% of income. And it doesn't matter for user if miner is actually mining whole 70 seconds during devfee period, or just doing nothing, trying to connect to devfee pool - user ALREADY lost 1.94% of his income.

Furthemore, after switching from devfee pool back to user pool - user experiences same problems that Mr. Palgin was complained about - miner can't instantly connect to user pool and start work, instead it waits work from user pool and due to badly optimized switch-pool code wait time can vary anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds. So 70 seconds of devfee period plus up to 30 seconds to get back to user pool and start working - 75-100 seconds, and it's 2.08% - 2.75% of lost income instead of claimed 1% for any user that uses original hsrminer.

This is real world and not cinema. As Mr. Palgin said: "in real world the only thing users follow is money". I let myself to add that in real world it's not easy to separate good guys from bad ones, as almost everyone is somewhere in between. So Mr. Palgin pretends to be a good guy, and calls me "attacker", "hacker", i.e. bad guy. Well I'm flattered.

But let's see all the lies that Mr. "Good Guy" Palgin told us:

1)
Product contains devfee 1% (0.5% for me, 0.5% for alexkap)

Confirmed Palgin's lie, any original hsrminer user lose from 2.08% to 2.75% of income due to devfee pool switching  - see above. But real devfee % would scare users away, so Mr. Palgin decided to claim that devfee is 1% which is obvious lie. Mr. Palgin is a smart guy, he creates fast cuda kernels, he knows math well, he couldn't make silly mistake calculating devfee %. Claiming fake low devfee % was done intentionally to attract more users.

2)
F.A.Q (will be updated basing on frequent questions in this topic):

Q: hsrminer looks quite like ccminer...
A: True, in early builds it really was ~30% ccminer code (especially monitoring), but now only data output is quite the same. Also we'll migrate to new frontend after algo coverage.

Confirmed Palgin's lie, I've thoroughly reverse-engineered hsrminer and know every byte of it and it contains 99% of ccminer code. Mr. Palgin just erased code parts that related to other algos (as ccminer is multialgo miner), changed user messages and add logo. Of course there are kernels, but we are talking about "shitty container" here, right? As for kernels I'm sure they were not written from scratch too - Mr. Palgin took open-source ones like tpruvot or klaust and improved them.

3)
9xx family and lower not supported in this release.

Confirmed Palgin's lie. Even without source code I was able to add support for GTX 970, 980, 980 Ti to my fork and it's workability confirmed by users - 1, 2

But 9xx GPUs doesn't give much hashrate and won't give Palgin much devfee, so he decided - why bother about it?

4) Yes, it's not over yet. Do you guys wonder why original hsrminer doesn't have API and benchmark, doesn't have "-r" option, doesn't have many useful ccminer options despite the fact that it's actually ccminer with different kernels and logo?

It's because Mr. "Good Guy" Palgin intentionally disabled API, deleted parts of the code that handle those useful options and especially "-r" option. It was done because API and those options could interfere with his devfee. So I as the "Bad Guy" had to add all those features back in my fork, working without access to source code, so people could actually use this miner instead of just paying devfee.

Mr. Palgin claims that all those features are just unnecessary things, and main thing is his fast cuda kernel. Well Mr. Palgin, miner without ability to exit if connection to pool was interrupted ( -r option) is just a joke because even fastest cuda-kernel won't pay for those losses user would get in case of pool's inaccessibility - his rigs would idle without work for hours - it's my personal experience with original hsrminer.

So Mr. Palgin, users follow money? All we can see from 1), 2), 3), 4) is that you are the one who care about money (devfee) most.
If users followed your logic - they all would instantly switch to my fork because of reasons described in 1), 3) and 4). Yes, 2) doesn't count here, it's just little addition to your "Good Guy" portrait  Wink

Get over yourself - fix topic description and miner logo - your claimed 1% devfee is blatant lie, bruh.
Activity: 2
palgin-

i don't often post but i was digging around for a stable maxwell build of the neoscrypt kernel and saw your recent setbacks.  as these forums are often filled with toxicity, i'll keep it simple:

thank you for your development work on hsrminer_neoscrypt, it's made me a bit of cash.  i'm okay with your dev fee and i'll continue to use your software as long as it's profitable.  i get mine, you get yours.  fair's fair.

i'm hoping you're feeling better now and over your sickness.

most importantly, i'm truly sorry about the loss of your friend and colleague, may he rest in peace.  it is very unfortunate.  i'm in hopes that you only recall the good that was channeled between you and he, and realize the impact your collaborations have made on our world.

salut,

-khao
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Dear sir, my first and last message directed to you personally.

Don't waste your time reading or answering this, you'll be in my ignore list for quite a long time when your opus'll finally be born.

First of all, as I always mention, You came to my thread, not Me to yours, as you can see I've posted nothing at that garbage hole and never tried to stop your little reverse-engineering project.
It's only you splashing your saliva here, GTFO and make your life not so miserable.

Now containment:

It's sad to see that you were sick and lost friend, but don't accuse community of betraying you - community needed help and support, and part of the community choosed what is best for it.

Do you realise that 0.5% defvee is only 18 seconds per hour? Last time you claimed that your miner had 1% devfee and it's just a lie, because devfee actually is 70 seconds per hour and it's 1.94%

Let me give you good advice - never include destructive code in your software - only ordinary users will suffer from it.

1) I'm not accusing anyone, I've just posted two ways of thinking on the same problem, nothing more. And container is a shit when it comes to mining, doesn't matter how good it is, it will cost nothing without proper kernel. Which you can't say about kernel, give it input, you'll receive output, volia, solution, check it against target, volia, proper solution, not so much code, isn't it?

2) The lie is that you do it for community, you do it only because I've hurted your oversized Ego, and don't think you've hidden your personality under this new account Wink

Are you right about devfee? Partially, man, partially, because dev pool connection is not momental, that value highly differs for every user and that doesn't mean that I gain anything from client connecting to server, only fools think so, for some users full dev time was 38-45 secs, for some it could take more as in your case. Even calculating this, kernel speed gave much more profit for end users, much more, none've pushed Neooscrypt so high before me on Pascal architecture and you're just a parasite in that case, you can write hundreds of reveals and investigations, that will change nothing.
Maybe in your perfect world users follow devs, idea, community, etc., in real world the only thing users follow is money.
In your case users switched for functionality, nothing more, so your crown is made of chocolate, man, be careful, chocolate's melting sometimes.

And let's make it bold!!!! 14528731478% DEVFEE, beware, liar, thief, criminal, freedom, ZOG, HOLD THE DOOR, hold the door, holdthdor, Hotdor, Hodor!!!

3) Destructive code is the one and only thing that can stop your kind from your business, so look carefully when you'll start new freedom-fight campaign against me, or you'll make a lot of trouble to your fanbase and for yourself personally (let's make it a little surprise and see).
Because You'll be a creator of "destructive" binary, not Me, my binary will be as clean as a perfect diamond prism.

And there will be no conclusion to all this shit, it's just some kind of open PM which everyone can read and understand from his/her point of view.

Sayonara, my "friend".

2) Community betrayed developer, so I won't move even a finger to do something for this "community" anymore and start selling kernels to factory-grade players (currently I have 2 propositions, but price they offer is too low for one-time deal)

Thank you, I think I will continue with hsrminer developement, devfee in future versions will be 0.5% and container will be fully reworked, design will remain nearly the same as a tribute to Alex.

Everything can be reverse-engineerd, only time matters, but I have some "features" for these attackers to make their assholes burn, I didn't include this in original code for two reasons:

1) I write only kernels, container was not my business.
2) It's some sort of "cyber weapon", so if something'd go wrong with code it would be a disaster, needs very precise testing on my side.

My condolences about alexkap. I lost a friend some time ago, and it's hard. Too hard.

Could I suggest a third way to HSRMiner:
3- Kick hacker, cracker, baker, lacker, (n)er asses with a overkill HSRMiner with a better container, avoiding the reverse-engineering. You didn't betrayed by the ENTIRE community, but just a part. And yes, after I know your situation, I understand the lack of updates and I say: ok, I'll stick at your miner, and support it to become the greater Neoscrypt/Lyra2v2/Cryptonite/Potato/zzzz miner.

I had success using HSRMiner in AwesomeMiner (by switching ccminer executable by HSRMiner one), and it's overkill. It can be a good way to improve the miners base and, of course, fee. We have some private miners, it's bad to see the best miners in few hands.

Best regards, palgin. Don't give up.

Thank you, I think I will continue with hsrminer developement, devfee in future versions will be 0.5% and container will be fully reworked, design will remain nearly the same as a tribute to Alex.

Everything can be reverse-engineerd, only time matters, but I have some "features" for these attackers to make their assholes burn, I didn't include this in original code for two reasons:

1) I write only kernels, container was not my business.
2) It's some sort of "cyber weapon", so if something'd go wrong with code it would be a disaster, needs very precise testing on my side.

Now I'll start from the beginning, think I'd be able to give (n)er's a fight Wink
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Ha-ha-ha, haven't been here for quite a long time.

Reverse engineering is cool, but I see no interest for myself in this anymore, especially when it finally came that alexkap died in road accident month ago, which I found out few days ago, so I've lost a colleague and a friend of mine (we were not so close, but he was a person I could rely on) Sad Sad Cry

Info: I've personally spent 1.5 month in hospital (right after New Year, first it was agressive flu that turned to pneumonia and in hospital I got viral meningitis, thank you, hospital). Thanks for everyone who used MY hsrminer during that time, you've helped me to pay all medical bills and survive this nightmare.
Also, hsrminer helped me to attract not only haters, hackers and other sort of garbage, but also good employer, so now I have much less time to spend on developement.

I have Cryptonite nearly ready, also Lyra2v2 with impressive speed improvement.

I see two ways of future hsrminer developement and haven't decided which one to choose:

1) I rework all mechanics, add more layers of code protection and publish new hsrminer with faster 5-7% speed, but not full speed (currently it's significantly more than 5%+  Wink ). Mr hacker hacks this new hsrminer, I fully rework mechanics again and add 5% more speed, and so on, until mr hacker finds something more interesting for himself rather than jerking off all day long. Also, devfee will be lowered because of situation with alexkap.

2) Community betrayed developer, so I won't move even a finger to do something for this "community" anymore and start selling kernels to factory-grade players (currently I have 2 propositions, but price they offer is too low for one-time deal)

Anyway, wish everyone good luck, and have a nice day!

P.S.: links fixed

My condolences about alexkap. I lost a friend some time ago, and it's hard. Too hard.

Could I suggest a third way to HSRMiner:
3- Kick hacker, cracker, baker, lacker, (n)er asses with a overkill HSRMiner with a better container, avoiding the reverse-engineering. You didn't betrayed by the ENTIRE community, but just a part. And yes, after I know your situation, I understand the lack of updates and I say: ok, I'll stick at your miner, and support it to become the greater Neoscrypt/Lyra2v2/Cryptonite/Potato/zzzz miner.

I had success using HSRMiner in AwesomeMiner (by switching ccminer executable by HSRMiner one), and it's overkill. It can be a good way to improve the miners base and, of course, fee. We have some private miners, it's bad to see the best miners in few hands.

Best regards, palgin. Don't give up.
Ha-ha-ha, haven't been here for quite a long time.

Reverse engineering is cool, but I see no interest for myself in this anymore, especially when it finally came that alexkap died in road accident month ago, which I found out few days ago, so I've lost a colleague and a friend of mine (we were not so close, but he was a person I could rely on) Sad Sad Cry

Info: I've personally spent 1.5 month in hospital (right after New Year, first it was agressive flu that turned to pneumonia and in hospital I got viral meningitis, thank you, hospital). Thanks for everyone who used MY hsrminer during that time, you've helped me to pay all medical bills and survive this nightmare.
Also, hsrminer helped me to attract not only haters, hackers and other sort of garbage, but also good employer, so now I have much less time to spend on developement.

I have Cryptonite nearly ready, also Lyra2v2 with impressive speed improvement.

I see two ways of future hsrminer developement and haven't decided which one to choose:

1) I rework all mechanics, add more layers of code protection and publish new hsrminer with faster 5-7% speed, but not full speed (currently it's significantly more than 5%+  Wink ). Mr hacker hacks this new hsrminer, I fully rework mechanics again and add 5% more speed, and so on, until mr hacker finds something more interesting for himself rather than jerking off all day long. Also, devfee will be lowered because of situation with alexkap.

Anyway, wish everyone good luck, and have a nice day!

P.S.: links fixed

Activity: 756
Merit: 541
Hi;

I am new with hsrminer. I think something going strange with my miner. (Win10 3 x Msi 1080ti 11G) As you can see belove, I don't gate "Sahre Accepted" messege all the time.

I can see my miner in Altminer.net pool but no hashrate. Any idea?

My batch file is "hsrminer_hsr.exe -o stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:10000 -u WALLET -p c=GBX"

Kind regards

And now this.

you should use neoscrypt miner, but not hsr miner for GBX

Hi;

Cheesy Thank you. That makes sense, apparently those hyperlinks are wrong. Neoscrypt hyperlink directed to Hsr version.

Kind regards

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Hi;

I am new with hsrminer. I think something going strange with my miner. (Win10 3 x Msi 1080ti 11G) As you can see belove, I don't gate "Sahre Accepted" messege all the time.

My batch file is "hsrminer_hsr.exe -o stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:10000 -u WALLET -p c=GBX"

Kind regards

And now this.

you should use neoscrypt miner, but not hsr miner for GBX
Activity: 756
Merit: 541
Hi;

Kind regards

And now this.

Activity: 104
Merit: 18
Can someone share the settings for intensity parameter for GTX 1060 windforce. What is the correct i- 16 or somethink else, because the mining is not stable

You have to set the intensity to -i 7. Anything higher that isn't good. It should top out to about 16.5
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
DOWNLOADS:

hsrminer for HSR algo, Win version , Zipped

hsrminer for Neoscrypt, Win version , Zipped , Test version

Hello. I just downloaded your miners to try them but I noticed that your "zipped" links are reversed. You have the Neoscrypt version on the HSR algo and vice versa.
Let's see if it does better than CCminer !
Activity: 16
I got error when try to use this command

-d 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11

https://i.imgur.com/s8TyyOJ.png

This is the bug in original hsrminer. Use my fork instead - this bug is fixed, working API, many new ccminer-like options.

Thanks Boss!

This is the bug in original hsrminer. Use my fork instead - this bug is fixed, working API, many new ccminer-like options.
Activity: 16

https://i.imgur.com/s8TyyOJ.png
Benchmarking 1 980 it comes out to about 705.63KH/s.  Not bad at bro!  But it doesn't like having 2 of them running.  I'll test it again to be sure.

What's your limit on the number of cards your miner can support?

For now there is some problem with support of 2+ 9xx gpus. Try 2 test versions please, and feedback result to my topic, I think problem will be solved soon.

10xx gpu are fully supported, up to 16 gpus.

Activity: 104
Merit: 18
Benchmarking 1 980 it comes out to about 705.63KH/s.  Not bad at bro!  But it doesn't like having 2 of them running.  I'll test it again to be sure.

What's your limit on the number of cards your miner can support?
Pages:
Jump to: