Pages:
Author

Topic: hsrminer - Nvidia mining software for various algos by palgin&alexkap - page 4. (Read 30734 times)

Activity: 2058
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation

Code:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_test.exe -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:17012 -u Zackdaystar.miner1 -p x

that's how it should look like

And it runs, but the efficiency ultimately ends up at just under 20%
I'm currently using fork version and excavator, they are faster and more stable
We are waiting for a response from the dev that he will respond to these miners

I want to try them. share the download or announcement links please ?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hello,

Great work on the miner so far, thank you.

I'd like to use this miner long term as it seems fast but according to the -h options display there is no way to set a target temperature.  Is this possible just now?  If not is fan control something you will be adding to hsrminer in the near future?

I tried the miner on my GTX 1060 3GB and the temp quickly hit 75c so I had to shut it down.  That's my gaming card in a closed case, I can't risk frying that card so need to keep the temps a bit lower than that.

Cheers, Mike...

You can use Afterburner to set a target temperature if you wish.... but 75c is not even remotely in danger of "frying" your GPU. Heck, even Nvidia by default has them target ~83c when under 100% load and they are designed to hit 100C or so before shutting down due to temperature. Obviously they will degrade faster if you run them that hot 24/7, but 75c is not an issue.

If you set that fan speed to manually run at 60% that may be all you need to keep your GPU below 75c if that's the only GPU in your case and you have good aiflow (good quality intake and exhaust case fans).

Thanks for that Elder III.  I was a bit worried because I had a couple of black screens whilst mining, Windows re-drew all the open windows and this is my main desktop machine, I work on it and game on it.  The card was a Christmas present and I can't afford to replace it so I'm really paranoid about over stressing it.  I've got a full aluminium case and 120mm Scythe fans so cooling is good.  May be I'll start mining on it again after what you say, I could certainly do with the extra sol/s.

Cheers, Mike...

Is your GPU running at stock settings? Usually black screens are an indicator of an unstable overclock or unstable power supply. Does it do that when it's just running by itself, or were you doing other things on your PC at the time?

Yep, completely stock.  It's never done it before or since, had been mining for weeks but that was the first time I noticed it happen.

Cheers, Mike.....
Activity: 7

Code:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_test.exe -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:17012 -u Zackdaystar.miner1 -p x

Ahh, ok. Do you have a link to the relevant binaries?
thansks
Activity: 392
Merit: 27
http://radio.r41.ru

Code:

Code:

Activity: 392
Merit: 27
http://radio.r41.ru

Code:

Activity: 38
I saw that it's originally ccminer-based but when I tried to use it in Awesome Miner expecting the same API it failed.  Benchmarking was apparently not supported.  Are there plans to support that API soon?
Hi,

Sorry bit of a newbie

Im running this
Code:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_test.exe -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:17012 -u Zackdaystar.miner1 -p x

and getting this
Code:
 INFO : [04:18:25] : Securing devfee mining...
 INFO : [04:18:25] : Dev_Main OK.
 INFO : [04:18:25] : Dev_Backup OK.
 INFO : [04:18:25] : Dev pools checked, at least 1 accessible, continue...
 INFO : [04:18:25] : POOL: stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:17012
 INFO : [04:18:25] : Checking for NVML...
 INFO : [04:18:25] : NVML monitoring enabled, continue...
 INFO : [04:18:25] : 1 GPU found/specified, initializing miner...
 INFO : [04:18:26] : Share difficulty reset -- 59.5287 (0.00091)
 INFO : [04:18:26] : GPU #0: TITAN Xp, flags: 0, 0, 0
 INFO : [04:18:26] : submit_upstream_work stratum_send_line failed
 INFO : [04:18:26] : ...retry after 10 seconds
 INFO : [04:18:26] : Share Rejected, low difficulty share of 0.00011435292968545716
 INFO : [04:18:26] : Share Rejected, duplicate share

and so on
I'm pretty sure that somewhere in this huge thread there is a clue, but i cant find anything else.

NVIDIA drivers are 390.77, nothing overclocked, page file is 64000Mb.

thanks,

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Hello,

I'd like to use this miner long term as it seems fast but according to the -h options display there is no way to set a target temperature.  Is this possible just now?  If not is fan control something you will be adding to hsrminer in the near future?

I tried the miner on my GTX 1060 3GB and the temp quickly hit 75c so I had to shut it down.  That's my gaming card in a closed case, I can't risk frying that card so need to keep the temps a bit lower than that.

Cheers, Mike...

You can use Afterburner to set a target temperature if you wish.... but 75c is not even remotely in danger of "frying" your GPU. Heck, even Nvidia by default has them target ~83c when under 100% load and they are designed to hit 100C or so before shutting down due to temperature. Obviously they will degrade faster if you run them that hot 24/7, but 75c is not an issue.

If you set that fan speed to manually run at 60% that may be all you need to keep your GPU below 75c if that's the only GPU in your case and you have good aiflow (good quality intake and exhaust case fans).

Thanks for that Elder III.  I was a bit worried because I had a couple of black screens whilst mining, Windows re-drew all the open windows and this is my main desktop machine, I work on it and game on it.  The card was a Christmas present and I can't afford to replace it so I'm really paranoid about over stressing it.  I've got a full aluminium case and 120mm Scythe fans so cooling is good.  May be I'll start mining on it again after what you say, I could certainly do with the extra sol/s.

Cheers, Mike...

Is your GPU running at stock settings? Usually black screens are an indicator of an unstable overclock or unstable power supply. Does it do that when it's just running by itself, or were you doing other things on your PC at the time?
Activity: 2058
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
is it possible to set cpu-priority like in ccminer Huh
Hello,

Cheers, Mike...

Cheers, Mike...
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Hello,

Cheers, Mike...

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

Reported hashrate means nothing. Run both miners in parallel using the same cards and different wallets and then compare the results.

That's precisely what I did a few pages back and reported in this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29675722

I've been advised that I should have used pool-reported average hashrate for 24 hours instead of payout, and I finally understand why, but in the above test I did run both miners concurrently on the same pool but pointed to different wallet addresses so only a difference in average luck per share would cause a difference in payout, besides average hashrate, of course.

so do you use hsrminer or klaust?
from i know, 80 80ti were good using hsr but if you have 70ti 60 so on, use klaust instead

It depends. On my 6x GTX 1060 rig and my Founder's Edition 1080 test rig I use hsrminer because it is faster and stable, but on my other 1080 (Asus ROG Strix) I use ccminer because of the mysterious drop in hashrate that inevitably occurs after 1-3 hours of operation (a drop reflected on the pool, as well).

Hello,

Cheers, Mike...
Activity: 312
Merit: 10

Reported hashrate means nothing. Run both miners in parallel using the same cards and different wallets and then compare the results.

That's precisely what I did a few pages back and reported in this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29675722

I've been advised that I should have used pool-reported average hashrate for 24 hours instead of payout, and I finally understand why, but in the above test I did run both miners concurrently on the same pool but pointed to different wallet addresses so only a difference in average luck per share would cause a difference in payout, besides average hashrate, of course.

so do you use hsrminer or klaust?
from i know, 80 80ti were good using hsr but if you have 70ti 60 so on, use klaust instead
Activity: 80
Merit: 2
Does anyone try using GTX 1050 ti 4 Gb OC for neoscrypt ?

Depending on the model and OC settings, I get between 530 and 580. My Gigabyte 1050Ti OC does 530.
Activity: 70

Yes, it does 475-500 KH/s
Activity: 1
Hi,
i try to solomining and sometimes it writes: we found close match! and the error is followed
Activity: 1
Activity: 74
Merit: 1
Still no Linux version ?  Huh

OP/Dev is AWOL - last post to this thread was Dec 30th.

May be coding the Linux one ? Ahah :-D
Pages:
Jump to: