Pages:
Author

Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto - page 17. (Read 5055 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 14
Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

right, because it's not recommended to leave your work in the real world to risk everything with bitcoin.
I personally took the time very well, so far there was absolutely no problem.
I cant relate with this because i am still student but its your mistake if you lose your regular job because of bitcoin. You need to have time management, i think spending 2-3 hours in bitcoin is ok extending with that is not good because you have regular job. So if you cannot control your time just pick on this those 2 to be your priority.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

I dont have experience like this. I am just doing job cryptocurrency on my idle time and not disturbing my main job. At first time, hard to manage time between doing main job and cryptocurrency but now its a lot easier maintain my time doing crypto.
We should not leaving  our main job for cryptocurrency because i think cryptocurrency is long term investment and we can do it at our idle time
Activity: 140
Merit: 0

right, because it's not recommended to leave your work in the real world to risk everything with bitcoin.
I personally took the time very well, so far there was absolutely no problem.
Activity: 314
I don't experience that kind of situation in my company but I agree with that not to focus only in Crypto if you have a regular job that can maintain your regular earnings. And I think relying on the Crypto's value won't make your daily needs get paid because as we see in the market it is really hard to recover it value.
Activity: 112
You really need a lot of time in crypto especially when you are a newbie and need to learn everything so if you do not take care ,you are likely to use working hours  to do crypto which will definitely affect your job because your boss will not take it kind.
Activity: 196
if you are active in a good day job you love, you should probably focus on that and only pursue cryptos in your spare time or wen you are on leave
Activity: 812
Merit: 100

Don't always focus in crypto if you have regular job out side of cryptocurrency because it really affected your doings. Much better to manage your time to crypto and regular job because you have whole day to do what you want to regular job and in crypto. Time management is important.
Activity: 7

Is this serious !? I must be honest, I have left my job to focus on the crypto world.  Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
it's hard to teach you how to live a life for someone else, there is something really successful after focusing on Crypto coins and some are destroyed after focusing on Crypto coins...the point is don't be afraid to go through anything, because all of our steps have been arranged by God, By the way, congratulations to you who did not have time to lose work due to crypto.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
I faced a challenge of being replaced at work place with my portfolio given to someone out there. This was due to I was not concentrating on the task assigned to me and i was with my laptop looking at cmc. I advice you do the right thing at the right time.
Activity: 352
Merit: 1
It is really nice to know you didn't lose your job by involving in crypto activities. However,  I believe efficient time management is what you need to learn better. It is not a bad idea if you can be doing your regular paid job while also earning extra income in cryptocurrency. Also,  there are people that are self employed, some invest in real estate and other physical investment. This set of people have enough time to learn/ trade cryptocurency as the case maybe.
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
This is indeed a good advice to some of us. I'm actually on the same path because I think crypto will give me a better income than my job. I sometimes give flimsy excuses to absent myself from work just to write articles for tokens. I think Ive got to take something out of this advice Wink Wink
well you might want to start writing the articles while being at work, at the same time Smiley
No, I am just joking. For me, too, the advice is good, because this is the mistake I myself do too.
Activity: 126
In life as we grow mature ,we have to learn to have a good decisions in life , we have a job and a bitcoin investments, if we can manage time ,we can do both, but if you can not ,and you think bitcoin earning can sustain your daily needs andcin the future ,you can leave your job and focus on bitcoin, see to it that you will not regret so just work for it.
Activity: 238
A good balance is important in order to not lose track of important things, especially understanding your priorities. Just allot a certain amount of time in order to manage properly your job and your crypto life.
Activity: 406
Merit: 121

The same thing happened to me,  Whole day in office i used to look at coinmarketcap and crypto related videos and icos, I was thing to quit job because i was successful trader but when i lost too much money this year i started concentrating on my job and after hard work i got promotion.
Activity: 258
Co-founder Love Air Promise
Last year there about, confusion came between I and my administrator. I was to perform a procedure on a patient as soon as possible but i wanted to wrap up with my reporting since the day would close in no time. The administrator being furious decided to give me a letter to quit  the job. God being so good, I was saved by one senior staff member.   
Activity: 197
So happy for you were not losing your job. I also have delayed my work because of the crypto thing, but the result that was deducted salary is better than you. Indeed, it’s really hard to do two things at once so that my point of view is job first, crypto second at most.
Activity: 193
Merit: 83

Possibly is on account of you need time management if not I don't see the investigation of crypto currency related exercises that will set aside you that much opportunity to the turn of you been treating of your activity.
Activity: 85
Merit: 2
Whenthe performance of bitcoin and altcoins skyrocketed in the past year, many people feel leaving the official job and choose to go there, but when the market declines and then regrets, this is what makes us always have to be wise in making choices.
Being a student  i stop studying and consecrate on bitcoin which case i got low marks in Exams i was about to fail in some subject but my teacher gives me few more marks and save my year.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Actually I didn't resign on my job because I considered bitcoin as my part time job and I don't want to lost my regular job because this what my family lives. Actually I am a bread winner of the family that's why I need some sideline or part time job. Smiley
That is good for you that you didn't file resignation on your main job or regular job because it will be a hard time for you to quit your regular job knowing that you don't have the enough amount of money to spend for the rest of the year without receiving monthly salary. It is best to quit your job when the passive income of yours is already higher than your monthly salary.
Pages:
Jump to: