Pages:
Author

Topic: I am out of the mining game :( - page 18. (Read 44414 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
August 13, 2014, 10:58:18 PM
I was doing quite well when I started, but now the exchanges are my only way to keep my head above water. My graphics card rarely sees any use now, but in a pinch if I think a coin will make it, I am more than willing to run the bill up.
Activity: 873
Merit: 1007
August 13, 2014, 09:42:14 PM
So im out of the mining game.

Getting asics importet from china is too expensive -.-
Electricity is too expensive in my country 0.14$/kwh -.-
and my block erupters isnt making me anything.

this game have only been a waste of money so far.

GL on your mining guys Smiley dont make the same mistakes as i did.
Electricity is my country is $0.19/kwh.

I still am going to get some miners from China. Even factoring in difficulty rise as more and more noobs jump into the fray, as well as rising electricity cost and rising everything, the rise in the price of bitcoin should compensate decently enough for at least my R.O.I and some profit. After that, I have a hobby of dismantling obsolete items so I can also have some fun :p

Why would you mine with such expensive power rates?  You should take the total amount of money you would have spent on 6 months of the miner's electricity and added that to the miner's cost and used that fiat to buy BTC - you would have ended up with more BTC so if BTC prices rises you'll make even more.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad
August 13, 2014, 07:33:37 PM

Electricity is my country is $0.19/kwh.

I still am going to get some miners from China. Even factoring in difficulty rise as more and more noobs jump into the fray, as well as rising electricity cost and rising everything, the rise in the price of bitcoin should compensate decently enough for at least my R.O.I and some profit. After that, I have a hobby of dismantling obsolete items so I can also have some fun :p
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
August 13, 2014, 07:27:14 PM
I think you're one of the many miners that quit. That's why the ASIC devices are getting cheaper and cheaper. This has happend for GPU's too, you can buy some used GPU's for great prices nowadays.

However, it might still be profitable in the long run to mine now. You might not make profit now, but what if the Bitcoin is worth, for example, $5000 next year? It might have been profitable then to keep on mining now.

If you're assuming that BTC would go up against fiat in he future wouldn't it behoove you to do everything to earn as much BTC as possible.  If mining is a loosing proposition compared to buying the coin, why mine in the first place.  People need to do basic math before making mistakes like this.

My Antminer S1, soon to be S3 has squeaked out a profit, but mining is tough.  GPUs aren't making nearly as much as they used to.
Activity: 873
August 13, 2014, 06:55:34 PM
I think you're one of the many miners that quit. That's why the ASIC devices are getting cheaper and cheaper. This has happend for GPU's too, you can buy some used GPU's for great prices nowadays.

However, it might still be profitable in the long run to mine now. You might not make profit now, but what if the Bitcoin is worth, for example, $5000 next year? It might have been profitable then to keep on mining now.

If you're assuming that BTC would go up against fiat in he future wouldn't it behoove you to do everything to earn as much BTC as possible.  If mining is a loosing proposition compared to buying the coin, why mine in the first place.  People need to do basic math before making mistakes like this.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Live like there is no tomorrow!
August 13, 2014, 06:10:12 PM

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
August 13, 2014, 06:07:01 PM

Good luck in your future endeavors!
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
August 13, 2014, 02:25:29 PM

Pages:
Jump to: