Pages:
Author

Topic: I have a 12 word seed phrase that appears to be wrong (Ethereum) - page 4. (Read 684 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 1
Flame.Exchange - https://www.flame.exchange
Did you download the correct link for metamask? I'm thinking is that you might have downloaded the fake version of metamask and the seed that was given to you is also known by the creator of it. Which means that after seeing that you have sent ETH to it, they've sweep your balance.

lol READ what he said...   omg
he MADE an ETH addy, SENT 12 ETH to it, then wrote down the seed words
NOW hes trying to restore it, but it wont take the seed...        he says nothing about being robbed... now if he said "the ETH was transferred OUT", you might be right, but he didnt

@OP, theres no way for me to know from what u have said if i would be helping you jack someone (maybe you stole those seed words?) so i wont suggest how to solve this
imo, next time save a priv key Wink put it in a text file and encrypt that text file. problem solved

Nope, I did not steal these seed words. I am trying to help out a friend.

Hello everyone...

Hopefully this is the right place to post something like this.

12 ETH was sent to a new Metamask wallet, and the seedphrase written down. We have all 12 words.

But when we try to restore the wallet, all associated addresses seem to be empty.

Does anyone know any software too partially crack Ethereum seed phrases? (Try combinations of similar words)

I think there's no software that could do that because the seed phrases is not saved anywhere on their database so we are the only one know the seed phrases, except for hardware wallet like ledger there are the key button to reset or recover the wallet if we lost the seed or private key

I found this software - BTCRecover - https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/

I am also sure that he used the correct version of metamask.
Activity: 882
Merit: 260
Hello everyone...

12 ETH was sent to a new Metamask wallet, and the seedphrase written down. We have all 12 words.

But when we try to restore the wallet, all associated addresses seem to be empty.

Does anyone know any software too partially crack Ethereum seed phrases? (Try combinations of similar words)
Have I understood it correctly, that the associated addresses of ETH wallet you're trying to recover were empty? If that's true, then there is no reason for you to recover it; your effort will just turn into waste. Another thing, is it really necessary to crack Ethereum seed phrases if it's yours? Perhaps it's better to use the private key instead for you to be able to access it fully. If nothing works, then there's nothing we can do for your ETH IMO.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1282
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
Double check address where you sent this 12 ETH coins on explorer.
Maybe you sent it to some other address.

You can't 'crack' ethereum seed words
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
Hello everyone...

I think there's no software that could do that because the seed phrases is not saved anywhere on their database so we are the only one know the seed phrases, except for hardware wallet like ledger there are the key button to reset or recover the wallet if we lost the seed or private key
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
Did you download the correct link for metamask? I'm thinking is that you might have downloaded the fake version of metamask and the seed that was given to you is also known by the creator of it. Which means that after seeing that you have sent ETH to it, they've sweep your balance.

lol READ what he said...   omg
he MADE an ETH addy, SENT 12 ETH to it, then wrote down the seed words
NOW hes trying to restore it, but it wont take the seed...        he says nothing about being robbed... now if he said "the ETH was transferred OUT", you might be right, but he didnt

@OP, theres no way for me to know from what u have said if i would be helping you jack someone (maybe you stole those seed words?) so i wont suggest how to solve this
imo, next time save a priv key Wink put it in a text file and encrypt that text file. problem solved

Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
Flame.Exchange - https://www.flame.exchange
Hello everyone...

Pages:
Jump to: