Pages:
Author

Topic: I have a multibit wallet and I don't see any funds - page 2. (Read 874 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Thank you for all your  help.  I've learnt a lot.  I've moved my Bitcoin Cash over to Coinbase now. 
What fixed the issue you were having with Bitcoin Cash? Huh It might be helpful for anyone else finding this thread later if you could explain what you did to get it.

Now onto Electrum SV.  Is this the correct link to it's Wallet?  I couldn't find a link  from https://bitcoinsv.com/en
I believe the "official" website is: https://electrumsv.io/

But I offer no guarantees, use at your own risk Tongue
Activity: 38
Merit: 12
Thank you for all your  help.  I've learnt a lot.  I've moved my Bitcoin Cash over to Coinbase now.  Now onto Electrum SV.  Is this the correct link to it's Wallet?  I couldn't find a link  from https://bitcoinsv.com/en
HCP
legendary
I have just tried it and it didn't work.  I do leave spaces between the seed words don't I?
Did it even create the same addresses as from Electrum? If so, are you sure that this BTC wallet even had coins in it at the time of the BCH fork? Huh

Did you put the BTC address into blockchair.com and see what it says? Huh For instance, here is an old coinbase address from Block#200 that is still 'unspent': 1HwmP33SaknLYShXfjVU8KmVThU3JiuVgH

If we put that into the search at blockchair.com we can see that it has BTC, BCH and BSV:

As a test, try and see if you can replicate this scenario with "known good" data. I just created a test BIP39 seed:
Code:
margin mountain ripple maid situate weasel measure various network solution manual sustain

I loaded it up in both Electrum 4.1.5 and Electron Cash 4.2.5... I used "BIP39 seed" option in when entering the seed on both. In Electrum, I chose "Legacy" - m/44'/0'/0'.... and in Electron Cash, also opted for the legacy m/44'/0'/0' option... They both generate the same addresses:

NOTE: in Electron Cash, you have to click this icon in the bottom right corner to swap between cashaddr and Legacy address formats:

See if you can create the 2 wallets in Electrum and Electron Cash and see if you also get the same addresses generated as the first 2 addresses in the address list:
- 1ArEK4rsCkvUh2Q4ZVa6xXQLnBy4yQtwPy
and
- 1GEZkp7FWEURQm88Dyt2VSRSbnuuCYKov8

If that works, but you still can't get it working when using your blockchain.com 12 word seed, then I suspect the wallet you're trying to get the BCH out of, is NOT part of your Blockchain.com HD wallet... so it won't be generated by the 12 word seed. Undecided It might be an imported private key/address in blockchain.com wallet instead.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 5033
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
The Bitcoin Cash still appears in another wallet as an imported address, watching only.  Any suggestions?
Note that even if you import the wallet into Electron Cash successfully, the watch-only wallet will still show the balance. By importing the seed phrase into a new wallet, you don't move the fund to a new wallet. You can have multiple same wallets at a same time while all of them show the balance.

The m/44'/145'/0' is only used for "new" Bitcoin Cash wallets. ie. ones created after the fork.
Thanks for the correction.

I do leave spaces between the seed words don't I?
Yes, use space between the words.

Code:
Word1 Word2 Word3 ......................
Leave the derivation path as default (m/44'/145'/0').
I did this in Electron Cash using the seed I created in Blockchain and nothing appears.  The Bitcoin Cash still appears in another wallet as an imported address, watching only.  Any suggestions?
There is a slight trick with "forked" coins... they'll be on addresses generated using the "original" coins derivation path. So, in Electron Cash, you want to use the blockchain.com seed, but use the BTC derivation path of m/44'/0'/0' That should find "old" Bitcoin Cash coins from the fork.

The m/44'/145'/0' is only used for "new" Bitcoin Cash wallets. ie. ones created after the fork.

I have just tried it and it didn't work.  I do leave spaces between the seed words don't I?
HCP
legendary
I did this in Electron Cash using the seed I created in Blockchain and nothing appears.  The Bitcoin Cash still appears in another wallet as an imported address, watching only.  Any suggestions?
There is a slight trick with "forked" coins... they'll be on addresses generated using the "original" coins derivation path. So, in Electron Cash, you want to use the blockchain.com seed, but use the BTC derivation path of m/44'/0'/0' That should find "old" Bitcoin Cash coins from the fork.

OK.  I'll have to do that tomorrow as I access my Blockchain from another computer which is elsewhere.  I can't remember seeing any 'private key' in the blockchain wallet?  Just the address.  
For exporting the wallet from blockhchain.com, you can use the seed phrase.

In blockchain.com, click on "Security" at top of the page. After that click on "Backup Funds" and then "View Secret Private Key Recovery Phrase" .
You will see a series of 12 words which is your seed phrase.
The seed phrase can be used for recovering both bitcoin and bitcoin cash.

For bitcoin, Use Electrum.
Create a new wallet. Select "Standard wallet" and then "I already have a seed".
Click on "Options", check BIP39 and click on "OK".
Paste your seed phrase and click on "Next".
In the new window, select "Legacy" if your addresses start with 1 and "Native segwit" if they start with bc1q.

For bitcoin cash, use Electron Cash.  
Standard wallet > I already have a seed.
Options > Check "Force BIP39 interpretation of this seed".

If you have both bitcoin and bitcoin cash, for more security, move your bitcoin before trying to move bitcoin cash or other forks.

I did this in Electron Cash using the seed I created in Blockchain and nothing appears.  The Bitcoin Cash still appears in another wallet as an imported address, watching only.  Any suggestions?
HCP
legendary
OK thanks.  Where in Blockchain will I find the transaction? 
Blockchain.com has changed quite a bit it seems... in the top left corner, click the "arrow" next to your balance:

Then click "BTC".

That should then give you the option to view all your BTC transactions... you can easily view just the "sent" transactions:

You'll want to see if you can identify the address you sent to... and then see if that matches with the coinfloor receive address (if so, you probably imported keys to Electrum and then sent to Coinfloor). If it doesn't match, then you likely created a transaction to send to Electrum first, then sent to Coinfloor.

Do you still have access to the old Electrum wallet? Huh

I've found a deposit and withdrawls aread on Confloor and it provides an 'Address' and 'Transaction Hash'.  Does this sound good?
That's a good start... that should help cross reference things between the wallets so you can see exactly what happened.
OK thanks.  Where in Blockchain will I find the transaction?  

I've found a deposit and withdrawls aread on Confloor and it provides an 'Address' and 'Transaction Hash'.  Does this sound good?
HCP
legendary
A few months ago I had some Bitcoin in my Blockchain.com Wallet and I moved it to Coinfloor without the use of a seed phrase.  I firstly moved it to Electrum and then sent it to Coinfloor.  I'm confused as to how I was able to do this after reading some recent advice on here. 
You either created a completely different wallet in Electrum and then sent the funds to it from Blockchain.com or it's possible you swept the funds or imported the private keys. If you sent or swept the funds, there should be a transaction in blockchain.com showing the coins going to your Electrum wallet... and then the inbound transaction on coinfloor should show the coins coming from somewhere other than your blockchain.com wallet.

If you imported the keys to Electrum, you would have been effectively "cloning" the blockchain.com wallet, so there should be a transaction showing in Blockchain.com that shows the funds going directly from there to coinfloor.

I don't now have any Bitcoin showing in Blockchain but I do on Coinfloor.  Will I be able to sell this?  And the seed phrase I created this evening is only linked to what is currently in my Blockchain.com wallet?  Thanks and sorry for my ignorance.
I don't see why you can't sell the coins in your coinfloor account... as far as I can tell, it is a custodial service, but as long as you meet their minimum amount requirements, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to sell them.

And the seed phrase I created this evening is only linked to what is currently in my Blockchain.com wallet? 
Theoretically yes... but if you already imported the keys elsewhere (like Electrum), then it's possible that it is also linked to other wallets.

Note that you didn't "create" the seed phrase this evening. It has always been the seed phrase for your wallet since the wallet was first created. It's also entirely possible you already viewed that seed phrase and imported it to Electrum when you were first "moving" coins from blockchain.com to Electrum to coinfloor.

Without having access to transaction histories and addresses etc it is kind of difficult to really say for sure exactly what you have done, and how... So most of this is "guesswork" based on your description of what has happened.
OK thanks for the help.  I have now created a seed phrase as advised by hosseinimr93.  I haven't used it to move my BCH.

A few months ago I had some Bitcoin in my Blockchain.com Wallet and I moved it to Coinfloor without the use of a seed phrase.  I firstly moved it to Electrum and then sent it to Coinfloor.  I'm confused as to how I was able to do this after reading some recent advice on here.  I don't now have any Bitcoin showing in Blockchain but I do on Coinfloor.  Will I be able to sell this?  And the seed phrase I created this evening is only linked to what is currently in my Blockchain.com wallet?  Thanks and sorry for my ignorance.
legendary
Activity: 3262
Merit: 16303
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
hope to send them to my Coinbase wallet later on.
Let me make my previous warning about replay protection a bit clearer: if you send your BCH to Coinbase, you may lose your BSV and BCH-A. That's currently almost $250 per Bitcoin you owned when they Forked.
All you need to prevent this, is some split BCH-dust on your address before you make the transaction, and you'll need to include that when you send your BCH to Coinbase. If you do it this way, the transaction can't exist on the other Fork chains, and can't be replayed.
HCP
legendary
Thanks.  The private keys.
It also says, 'imported address, watching only' if that's of any help?
I can't remember seeing any 'private key' in the blockchain wallet?  Just the address. 
These messages are showing that you don't appear to have what you think you have (ie. private keys)... It seems that all you have are addresses. Undecided Huh If you don't have the private keys, you won't be able to spend any of the coins.

Your addresses will look something like:
1xBitcoinAddress
or
3xBitcoinAddress
or
bc1qBitcoinAddress

ie. they'll start with a 1, 3 or bc1... Your BitcoinCash address might start with a "bitcoincash:" prefix.

Whereas your private keys in WIF format will look something like
5KCYdMUyh8hBHxw8mmcZeK4tzSLQEhryP6ppcFRRE4ioKFb8bYW
or
KxCY5wByvumhAa2E6cyTuuTUUXq4xNvTR4vcx9G5UgsB9aKsxvZD
or
L3KxbTQVE8xLRsswJbuy5gkCUWpdZVMZrYi58aemvfRVRCq5MTAi

ie. they'll start with a 5, K or L.

If you want to spend coins, you'll need to import the private keys... importing the address will create, as you've discovered, a "Watching-only" wallet which only allows you to view the transaction history and balance etc... but you can't sign transactions (you don't have the private keys!).

Do as mentioned above and get either the 12 word recovery phrase from blockchain.com wallet... or if the addresses you're trying to export were originally "imported" to blockchain.com, then you will need to click the gear icon in the top right corner and select "wallets and addresses":

That should give you options to view "imported" addresses in blockchain.com and if you select "manage" to the right of those addresses, you should get the option to view the private keys:

NOTE: you cannot see the individual private keys for addresses in your blockchain.com wallet that are part of the HD wallet (ie. generated from the 12 word recovery phrase), without using the 12 word recovery phrase and external tools. You can only see the individual private keys for imported addresses.
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
OK.  I'll have to do that tomorrow as I access my Blockchain from another computer which is elsewhere.  I can't remember seeing any 'private key' in the blockchain wallet?  Just the address.  
For exporting the wallet from blockhchain.com, you can use the seed phrase.

In blockchain.com, click on "Security" at top of the page. After that click on "Backup Funds" and then "View Secret Private Key Recovery Phrase" .
You will see a series of 12 words which is your seed phrase.
The seed phrase can be used for recovering both bitcoin and bitcoin cash.

For bitcoin, Use Electrum.
Create a new wallet. Select "Standard wallet" and then "I already have a seed".
Click on "Options", check BIP39 and click on "OK".
Paste your seed phrase and click on "Next".
In the new window, select "Legacy" if your addresses start with 1 and "Native segwit" if they start with bc1q.

For bitcoin cash, use Electron Cash.  
Standard wallet > I already have a seed.
Options > Check "Force BIP39 interpretation of this seed".
Leave the derivation path as default (m/44'/145'/0') Change the derivation path to m/44'/0'/0'. (Thanks HCP for the correction.)

If you have both bitcoin and bitcoin cash, for more security, move your bitcoin before trying to move bitcoin cash or other forks.
That means that you imported the address instead of the private key and made a watch-only wallet. Note that it's impossible to spend fund from a watch-only wallet.
Create a new wallet (File > New/Restore) and import the private key (not the address) this time.

OK.  I'll have to do that tomorrow as I access my Blockchain from another computer which is elsewhere.  I can't remember seeing any 'private key' in the blockchain wallet?  Just the address. 
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
That means that you imported the address instead of the private key and made a watch-only wallet. Note that it's impossible to spend fund from a watch-only wallet.
Create a new wallet (File > New/Restore) and import the private key (not the address) this time.
OK thanks.  I am trying to send to my Coinfloor wallet.  I've chosen the 'send' tab and inserted the destination address and chosen 'max'.  I can't seem to find a tab or button to make the transaction?  Can anyone help?

legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I want to leave them there for the time being but I hope to send them to my Coinbase wallet later on. Do you need to save this or just quit or what?
You can safely close it. No need to do anything.
Whenever you want to spend the fund, you can open the wallet and make a transaction.
Note that as long as you have the private key(s), there is nothing to worry about. Even if you lose the wallet file, you can recover your wallet using the private key(s).
I have downloaded electrum etc. 

When you say "downloaded electrum etc"... do you mean that you downloaded Electrum and then several of the Electrum clones (Electron Cash, ElectrumG, ElectrumSV etc) to be able to claim the fork coins? Or did you just download Electrum and you're trying to access other coins in it?

Electrum, as stated above, is BTC only... to get the fork coins, you need to download the Electrum clone specific to each Fork. You can generally find links to these clones from the forkcoin's homepage.

I'm having difficulty in importing the bitcoin cash into the wallet from Blockchain.com
What exactly do you have from blockchain.com... the 12 word seed? or individual private keys in WIF format?

Thanks.  The private keys.
I have downloaded electrum etc.  I'm having difficulty in importing the bitcoin cash into the wallet from Blockchain.com  Any suggestions....again?  :-)
Electrum only supports bitcoin and cannot be used for claiming its forks.
For Bitcoin Cash, you need a wallet supporting it. As already said in my previous reply, I recommend you to use Electron cash.
In Electron cash, create a new wallet, select "Import Bitcoin Cash addresses or private keys" and after that enter your private keys.

I got confused.  I had download Electron cash as you stated but I hadn't selected "Import Bitcoin Cash addresses or private keys".  I've now done this and they have appeared in the default wallet. I want to leave them there for the time being but I hope to send them to my Coinbase wallet later on. Do you need to save this or just quit or what?  Thank you all for your help.
Pages:
Jump to: