Pages:
Author

Topic: I have a multibit wallet and I don't see any funds - page 3. (Read 878 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
I have downloaded electrum etc. 

When you say "downloaded electrum etc"... do you mean that you downloaded Electrum and then several of the Electrum clones (Electron Cash, ElectrumG, ElectrumSV etc) to be able to claim the fork coins? Or did you just download Electrum and you're trying to access other coins in it?

Electrum, as stated above, is BTC only... to get the fork coins, you need to download the Electrum clone specific to each Fork. You can generally find links to these clones from the forkcoin's homepage.

I'm having difficulty in importing the bitcoin cash into the wallet from Blockchain.com
What exactly do you have from blockchain.com... the 12 word seed? or individual private keys in WIF format?
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I have downloaded electrum etc.  I'm having difficulty in importing the bitcoin cash into the wallet from Blockchain.com  Any suggestions....again?  :-)
First suggestion: read the topic again, especially the part about replay protection.

Counter question: Do you have the private key to your address(es) now? If so, moving Forkcoins shouldn't be too difficult.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5178
I have downloaded electrum etc.  I'm having difficulty in importing the bitcoin cash into the wallet from Blockchain.com  Any suggestions....again?  :-)
Electrum only supports bitcoin and cannot be used for claiming its forks.
For Bitcoin Cash, you need a wallet supporting it. As already said in my previous reply, I recommend you to use Electron cash.
In Electron cash, create a new wallet, select "Import Bitcoin Cash addresses or private keys" and after that enter your private keys.
Activity: 38
Merit: 12
I have another question......I have a couple of Bitcoin Cash coins.  What can I do with them?
To access you bitcoin cash, you need to import your private key into a wallet supporting bitcoin cash.
The best choice is electron cash. Download it only from its official website.
Electron cash is a fork of electrum and it works same as electrum.
After you import your private key into electron cash, you will have access to your bitcoin cash and you can send them to anywhere (e.g. an exchange) you want.

Also, note that besides bitcoin cash, you should have some other fork coins too.
For more information on how to claim those fork coins, I recommend you to visit the link below and read the guide provided by LoyceV.

LoyceV's Bitcoin Fork claiming guide (and service)

I have downloaded electrum etc.  I'm having difficulty in importing the bitcoin cash into the wallet from Blockchain.com  Any suggestions....again?  :-)
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Lol, why do people keep saying I created this website. Grin
Shit, really? I could have sworn I saw you mention that it was yours. Plus the 'ninja' part of the site's name points at you. Did you advertise/mention it a few times in your posts that could have led me to believe that it was yours or joked about it being your site? I will surely remember it now. 
legendary
You can also use Find My Coins.ninja to see the entire list of fork coins available on your address.
Warning: you shouldn't trust this site! Although it works sometimes, it doesn't work for all addresses. Example: 1ELTDVM85P22TdMkK6asC5Sxzywafi1JKL holds 50 BTC and (most probably) every possible Forkcoin. Find My Coins shows this:
Image loading...
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
You can also use Find My Coins.ninja to see the entire list of fork coins available on your address. You just enter your address in the search field. The site was created by Bitcointalk user TryNinja, feel free to try it out.
Lol, why do people keep saying I created this website. Grin

I clearly would have done a better job, since you cannot use addresses with more than 20 transactions.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
You can also use Find My Coins.ninja to see the entire list of fork coins available on your address. You just enter your address in the search field. The site was created by Bitcointalk user TryNinja, feel free to try it out. You have already moved your bitcoin from the address, but as a remainder, it's always a good idea to move your valuable bitcoin from an address whose private key you are about to import in a wallet for one of those forks.  
legendary
I have a couple of Bitcoin Cash coins.  What can I do with them?
What you do with them is up to you (burn them, donate them, keep them, sell them....), so I assume you mean the "how" part: in my experience, there are currently 5 Forkcoins worth claiming:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-sv/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash-abc-2/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-gold/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-diamond/

The first 3 don't have replay protection, which means if you just sell your BCH, chances are you lose your BSV and BCH-A too. You need to ensure replay protection (by adding some fork dust to your address) before moving those.
The other 2 Forks don't have that problem, but I'd recommend to start with the most valuable coin. The total value of those coins is currently about 2.5% of the value of the Bitcoin you owned when they Forked.
Depending on the total value you could just import the private keys in a hot wallet, or use offline signing. I also offer my Bitcoin Fork claiming guide (and service) (coin prices in the OP are outdated).
legendary
I have another question......I have a couple of Bitcoin Cash coins.  What can I do with them?
To access you bitcoin cash, you need to import your private key into a wallet supporting bitcoin cash.
The best choice is electron cash. Download it only from its official website.
Electron cash is a fork of electrum and it works same as electrum.
After you import your private key into electron cash, you will have access to your bitcoin cash and you can send them to anywhere (e.g. an exchange) you want.

Also, note that besides bitcoin cash, you should have some other fork coins too.
For more information on how to claim those fork coins, I recommend you to visit the link below and read the guide provided by LoyceV.

LoyceV's Bitcoin Fork claiming guide (and service)
I managed to move the Bitcoin to Electrum and from the to Coinfloor.  So thank you for all of your assistance on here.

I have another question......I have a couple of Bitcoin Cash coins.  What can I do with them?
It then askes....."Enter a list of Bitcoin addresses (this will create a watching-only wallet), or a list of private keys."
If you enter a private key, you will be able to see your balance and also spend the fund.
If you enter an address, you will create a watch-only wallet. A watch-only wallet can be used for checking the balance and transactions without touching the private key. Note that you can't spend any fund from a watch-only wallet.

It looks like they have appeared in my wallet. :-)  What should I do now?
If you want to spend any bitcoin from your wallet, you should go to "send" tab.
In the "Send" tab, you need to enter the address you want to send bitcoin to in "Pay to" field" and the amount of bitcoin you wish to send in "Amount" tab.
You can also click on "Max" button to send the entire balance.
After you click on "Pay", you should select the fee rate on the new window.
Note that the more fee you pay, the faster your transaction will be confirmed.
If you want a very fast confirmation, you can use "ETA" option as the estimation method and and move the slider to right side".

Thank you.  :-)
legendary
It then askes....."Enter a list of Bitcoin addresses (this will create a watching-only wallet), or a list of private keys."
If you enter a private key, you will be able to see your balance and also spend the fund.
If you enter an address, you will create a watch-only wallet. A watch-only wallet can be used for checking the balance and transactions without touching the private key. Note that you can't spend any fund from a watch-only wallet.

It looks like they have appeared in my wallet. :-)  What should I do now?
If you want to spend any bitcoin from your wallet, you should go to "send" tab.
In the "Send" tab, you need to enter the address you want to send bitcoin to in "Pay to" field and the amount of bitcoin you wish to send in "Amount" field.
You can also click on "Max" button to send the entire balance.
After you click on "Pay", you should select the fee rate on the new window.
Note that the more fee you pay, the faster your transaction will be confirmed.
If you want a very fast confirmation, you can use "ETA" option as the estimation method and move the slider to right side.
It looks like they have appeared in my wallet. :-)  What should I do now?
legendary
Import "Bitcoin addresses or private keys" I would imagine?
Yes, select "Import bitcoin addresses or private keys". Then enter your private key and click on "Next".
If you have imported the correct private key, you should see your bitcoin address in "Addresses" tab.
(If "Addresses" tab is not available, click on "View" at top of the window and then select "Show addresses".)
OK thank you.

What kind of new wallet do I wan to create?

Import "Bitcoin addresses or private keys" I would imagine?
legendary
Is that easy to do.....importing into electrum?
Yes. Just make sure you don't download Electrum from a fake website, maybe verify your download, install Electrum, create a new wallet, and select "Import Bitcoin addresses or private keys".
Warning: If your computer contains malware, chances are you lose your 2BTC at this point!

If I import the private key into electrum, will the bitcoin also be imported?
If you import the private key, Electrum will know your address and lookup your balance. After that, you can send it anywhere you want.

So now I have the address where these bitcoin are held and I have what I am sure is the private key.
Did your QR-scanner read the address or the private key? Or both?

I guess that the only thing now is for the issue at Blockchain to resolve?
If that's related to the same address, you don't need Blockchain.com if you have the private key.
I have managed to get the QR codes to work by scanning and darkening and I used my iphone to read of the computer screen.  I wasn't too far out with the magnifying glass.

So now I have the address where these bitcoin are held and I have what I am sure is the private key.

I guess that the only thing now is for the issue at Blockchain to resolve?
The letters/numbers do begin with a 5 and it's 50 characters long.
Are you sure it's not 51? See:
WIF (Wallet Import Format) (51 characters base58, starting with "5").
Example: 5KMWmYkn5YWkJnUDG4utD9L1HXQv3DBseqqCGsQXmthcEerbA7k

The good new is that I've use a magnifying glass and I believe I've got most if not all the characters correctly written down.
When you're sure your computer doesn't have malware, an easy way to check if you got it correct is by importing the private key into Electrum.

I've been in touch with Blockchain and been trying to move the imported bitcoin address to a Blockchain Private Key wallet.  But their system won't allow this to be done at the moment.  They are now looking into it and I'm waiting to hear back from them.
Be very careful who you trust with your private key! I wouldn't enter it on a website (like Blockchain.com's wallet).

At what point would I need to use my Private Key?
To spend your funds Smiley

If I import the private key into electrum, will the bitcoin also be imported?  I apologize for not having too much knowledge concerning Bitcoin etc.
Pages:
Jump to: