Pages:
Author

Topic: I have made a 25% return this week trading *against* the pirate - page 7. (Read 12598 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Sure, it would be bullish but I've seen no evidence he is in a short squeeze.  Just a bunch of wild imaginations.

Okay okay how much do you have invested with pirate currently?

He's got a few BTC of mine.  So where's the evidence?

Dunno...asking the wrong person...

"a few"...like > 1000 BTC?

Why does it matter?  Why are you refusing to back up your accusations?

Where did I make accusations of a short squeeze?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Sure, it would be bullish but I've seen no evidence he is in a short squeeze.  Just a bunch of wild imaginations.

Why does it matter?  Why are you refusing to back up your accusations?
legendary

legendary

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic

no hard evidence yet

He has lifted the referral requirement. The end is nigh.
legendary
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

no hard evidence yet
legendary

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Looks like pirate needs more money.  He has lifted the referral requirement so now anyone can invest again in this BCTST.  I am speculating this usually happens when business goes bad so more capital is require to remain "profitable."

He needs more BTC in order to keep shorting. He has plenty of USD. The way to squeeze a short is to simply take delivery of the asset being shorted and then sit on it.

So you are saying he sold the BTC he was holding for other members and now he has a lot of USD.  pirate wants BTC to drop so he can buy more BTC than he started with.  But, the way to make BTC drop without Bitcoinica is to sell BTC, and since he has little or no BTC he needs more BTC to do so.  That is why he is asking for more BTC from members.

And you are suggesting that the way to beat pirate is to sit on our coins and keep the price stable and/or continue to buy BTC so the price goes up?

Right?  Interesting theory.

Yes that is exactly what I am suggesting. Also if those invested with pirate withdraw and insist on settlement in BTC and not in USD this can force pirate to have to buy BTC at market. The latter could easily set off a buying panic in this market. So yes I consider pirate in a short squeeze to be very bullish for the BTC price.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Looks like pirate needs more money.  He has lifted the referral requirement so now anyone can invest again in this BCTST.  I am speculating this usually happens when business goes bad so more capital is require to remain "profitable."

He needs more BTC in order to keep shorting. He has plenty of USD. The way to squeeze a short is to simply take delivery of the asset being shorted and then sit on it.

So you are saying he sold the BTC he was holding for other members and now he has a lot of USD.  pirate wants BTC to drop so he can buy more BTC than he started with.  But, the way to make BTC drop without Bitcoinica is to sell BTC, and since he has little or no BTC he needs more BTC to do so.  That is why he is asking for more BTC from members.

And you are suggesting that the way to beat pirate is to sit on our coins and keep the price stable and/or continue to buy BTC so the price goes up?

Correct, he is suggesting to hold / buy and hold.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
...Nope, can't see any reason why he'd want to pull in as many people as possible right now  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team

legendary
Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
This looks like Bit-pay Merchant Solutions (bull) just caught pirateat40 (bear) in a short squeeze. Very nicely done.
Short squeeze?

There's no Bitcoinica. Where would pirate have been shorting?

Selling borrowed stuff == shorting
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
This looks like Bit-pay Merchant Solutions (bull) just caught pirateat40 (bear) in a short squeeze. Very nicely done.
Short squeeze?

Quote from: Wikipedia
In finance, short selling (also known as shorting or going short) is the practice of selling assets,
usually securities, that have been borrowed from a third party (usually a broker)
with the intention of buying identical assets back at a later date to return to that third party.

BTCST, obviously. He is hundreds of thousands of Bitcoins in debt to his creditors, at ~3000% yearly, Bitcoin denominated interest.

But! He can short sell the Bitcoin borrowed from his lenders, "with the intention of buying identical assets back at a later date to return to that third party".

What can go wrong?

(Or he can short sell their assets without any such intention, for that matter. He's got a pretty cool setup.)
legendary
Activity: 960
Merit: 1028
Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.
Short squeeze?

Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Two giants, fighting against each other.
Who will win the battle and has the last laugh in the end ?
Only forum post will tell.

It's the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Two giants, fighting against each other.
Who will win the battle and has the last laugh in the end ?
Only forum post will tell.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
Will you also come and brag about it when you lose 25%? lol
This

I love how nobody's learned to keep their damn trading secret...
Pages:
Jump to: