Pages:
Author

Topic: I have started teaching Bitcoin to my Neighbors - page 4. (Read 1912 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1129
I have a neighbor who is a boy with a girl, they are both a couple and they ask me how the forum is going, lol, I tell them everything because I am an immigrant, in fact recently I had some problems in my local section, and They know all that, they wanted to enter the forum, but they tell me that it scares them because they think that since they don't know much they will treat them badly, but I already helped them get their accounts from Binance and they have already bought their first satoshis, and they see a lot about cointelegraph and the guy wants to trade, he says that makes a lot of money lol.

That's good of you, you have contributed on one way towards the general adoption of bitcoin in your own capacity, trading is always a good thing to do in bitcoin, but I will advise he gather experience in learning about the trading and it's types and strategies befoee he started, he also need to create time in making research, paying attention the learning and instructions especially here on the forum since you've introduce him here and i think bitcoin discussion and wall observer in economics will be a good learning ground for him, then you should never forget to let him know the difference between CEX and Dex in other to remain safe.
Any forms of sharing whether on your own relatives/family or other person around or in the community would be always considered as a good initiative or good gesture on sharing up about Bitcoin or crypto as a whole.

This might be just a small scale of sharing or adding up on recognition but at least we are really able to spread up awareness about its existence.As a sharer then you shouldnt really just make out some guarantees

that they would able to make money because we know that this isnt a quick or easy money scheme that most noobs do really mind off whenever they hear about something new and get those initial impressions.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 647
Were they able to jot things down? Regarding their sitting position. However, you are doing a great job, get them to create their first wallet then start putting Bitcoin into it bit by bit, since they are young people their parents can fund it. Are you teaching them free of charge? If so it's ok, but paying for the session with you in your little home will enable them take the whole process more serious. From time to time they will be able to understand how the blockchain network works.
Don't you think it will be to fast for them to get a bitcoin if they haven't yet know the risk that is involve in bitcoin,  I mean volatility.  I think right now they already know the benefits of bitcoin, it is also important to teach them the volatility of bitcoin,  and how to have patience when bitcoin go dip so that if they experience it they won't feel feel much panic, buying Bitcoin should be the last  aspect and this should be done by their own decision. Their are other important things they need to know to like how to secure wallet from fraudsters.
I guess everything about bitcoin that should be learned by his neighbors are already outlined in his teaching modules. OP is taking one step at a time until he will start seeing his neighbors well knowledgeable about bitcoin, as well of its own flaws. And when that time comes, investing in bitcoin will become possible because for sure OP will certainly guide them throughout investing.
Activity: 812
Merit: 560
I have a neighbor who is a boy with a girl, they are both a couple and they ask me how the forum is going, lol, I tell them everything because I am an immigrant, in fact recently I had some problems in my local section, and They know all that, they wanted to enter the forum, but they tell me that it scares them because they think that since they don't know much they will treat them badly, but I already helped them get their accounts from Binance and they have already bought their first satoshis, and they see a lot about cointelegraph and the guy wants to trade, he says that makes a lot of money lol.

That's good of you, you have contributed on one way towards the general adoption of bitcoin in your own capacity, trading is always a good thing to do in bitcoin, but I will advise he gather experience in learning about the trading and it's types and strategies befoee he started, he also need to create time in making research, paying attention the learning and instructions especially here on the forum since you've introduce him here and i think bitcoin discussion and wall observer in economics will be a good learning ground for him, then you should never forget to let him know the difference between CEX and Dex in other to remain safe.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever
@Mr. Magkaisa

You are doing a great job. I always like people who teach others about bitcoin and cryptocurrency as a whole.
Although you are doing a great job by initiating this step to teach your neighbors about bitcoin I would say you to go step by step so that they can get to learn it in detail.

For example:
You have to teach them everything session by session. These sessions can consist of different things involved in bitcoin and blockchain.
Your sessions may include the below.

Peer to Peer technology and the decentralized web
Cryptocurrency
Blockchain
Wallets
Making transactions
Block explorers
Different kinds of addresses
Lightning Network
Altcoins
Stable coins
Bitcoin core
Running a full node

These can be explained on a high level. Once all of these are completed you can go much deeper into the technology
Also, while teaching them make sure you include the practicals because showing how it works in practicality will make them understand better.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
It's really good that you have taken the initiative to tell them about bitcoin stuff but would also advise you to have proper knowledge about it in detail to tell them more friendly way because it's hard for people to understand the technical part and if you have knowledge about it then only you can tell them how it's decentralised and if you can do some practical through wallet transactions then it would be more clear to them.So hope they learn good things about it from you.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 701
Invest in bitcoin and always make profit without loss, I certainly wouldn't teach bitcoin to anyone.
Does that mean you haven't started teaching other people about Bitcoin yet?
Actually, I also had the intention to teach about Bitcoin to several people in the past, but because there were a group of people who started hating me when they found out that I was going to teach about Bitcoin to some people, I immediately stopped and did not continue my intention. And after I researched it turned out that this group of people were people who hated Bitcoin at that time and for now I don't know whether they like it or not.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1011
Be A Digital Miner
I also do the same thing as you I also teach others about bitcoin because in my environment many people who do not understand about bitcoin now the people I teach about bitcoin thank me because they have invested in bitcoin and they they have profited.
The good thing is that the person you teach is willing to listen and learn it well so he gives a very good response to you by thanking you for teaching him until he really understands Bitcoin. But will he also be grateful when he doesn't make a profit after investing in Bitcoin? I seem to doubt that he will be grateful when he has lost the little money he invested.

It is our responsibility only to teach them the basics of bitcoin, and if they are truly interested in bitcoin, they will discover more about it on their own. Investing or not is up to them to decide, we do not force them to invest. So if he invests and loses, it's his fault, not yours.
Investment is risky and we ourselves are not even sure that we will make a profit without loss, so we are under no obligation to guarantee profit to anyone. Invest in bitcoin and always make profit without loss, I certainly wouldn't teach bitcoin to anyone.
I also do the same thing as you I also teach others about bitcoin because in my environment many people who do not understand about bitcoin now the people I teach about bitcoin thank me because they have invested in bitcoin and they they have profited.
The good thing is that the person you teach is willing to listen and learn it well so he gives a very good response to you by thanking you for teaching him until he really understands Bitcoin. But will he also be grateful when he doesn't make a profit after investing in Bitcoin? I seem to doubt that he will be grateful when he has lost the little money he invested.
Activity: 672
Merit: 16

They don't need to be worried if they will be treated badly,  if they Real have interest to learn bitcoin they should go ahead to learn. If they always have in mind that people will laugh or treat  them badly that means they can't achieve their interest in bitcoin.
Activity: 910
Merit: 290
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
This is good, of course! But my hunch is that the primary motive why the parents are sending their children to you to learn about whatever it is you're doing is that they also want them to earn even if they're unemployed.

This is basically all about making money. And this is something every Bitcoin teacher needs to dispel from those who stumbled upon Bitcoin at some point and developed the impression that it is a way to earn quickly and easily. Because that isn't Bitcoin.

So I take exception to your 5th point. I guess that's incorrect.
Yes, earnings are important and this is not an easy job.
Many think that Bitcoin is an easy way to get lots of money,
and this can change their attitudes.

To teach young people is a responsible job
because they can believe things that are not working.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 207
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
congrats for that new venture mate and congrats for luring some people in your place to at least listen to what is bitcoin and how this can help their lives.

I see people coming sometimes because of free meals or something that we are offering for them to attend meet ups like this.

but what will be matter in the future if their response is positive , like if some of them will literally invest or even use bitcoin for their own daily living.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 100
legendary
Merit: 1742
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this topic I made, and I will continue to give you updates on my next teaching to these young people. God bless you all Smiley
I'm proud that there are still people who care about Bitcoin, where currently many people consider Bitcoin from a negative side for various reasons.

@Mr. Magkaisa, I was touched by your photo, they are serious about learning about Bitcoin, you have an educational and growing nature, you are a person who cares about neighbors where nowadays we rarely see concern for others.

There are not many words that I can convey, when I see what you are doing, one hope for you and your friends, if they really understand well how Bitcoin works, they will be successful in the future financially, continue to develop your knowledge of Bitcoin to neighbors and close friends.
Activity: 714
Merit: 277
That's fine but I think the basics are on YouTube and in some books like The Bitcoin Standard, Mastering Bitcoin, if these books and resources are available in your local language it will be easy for them to learn if they have some time.

A tip is to get them to stop thinking of Bitcoin as a short-term investment or a quick way to get rich.

Yes it would have saved the OP’s time, if he could have used the YouTube videos to make them understand about the basics.
Also in YouTube through pictorial representation , they would have learned the basics more quickly.
Moreover I also saw the information that you have written on the whiteboard while teaching your neighbors. It seems that you have only taught the one side of the Bitcoins, which is how it’s used to do economical transactions. You forget the main ideology of Bitcoins, that to remain anonymous and use money with complete control over it.
Nevertheless it’s great to see that you are educating this young mind without any greed in return. Wish you best of luck for your future.

Yes you are correct Sir, so far I'm not in the stage yet to discuss them about the main idealogy of Bitcoin.
I begun actually with the usages and features of Bitcoin and for them to understand it easily, of course I explained it in our local
language so they can absord at once. Because in this way I can ride with their expectation about in bitcoin.

But you don't have to worry, maybe later I can tell that things for sure. In fact, this week will going to have another part of the session
in my humble home, youtube videos is one of the part of my topic this week. And I already have a lesson plan for them actually, where
I knew it can give more excitement for them.

So, thanks for the support you've given me here Sir, its actually give me strength to continue what I had started
to these young mind about teaching of Bitcoins. I appreciated so much your courage words I read here in this
thread section.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 588
I always appreciate it when someone does something with Bitcoin. And I appreciate it more when someone tries to learn about Bitcoin and takes the initiative to teach others. The use of Bitcoin is increasing day by day and in the future the use of blockchain technology along with Bitcoin will increase for various businesses and industrial purpose. so it is very good idea to learn about bitcoin and blockchain technology too much
Yes, social awareness or educating about the use of Bitcoin is very important. Those who have good knowledge about this subject can teach others. As we know Bitcoin is officially banned in almost all countries so no official educational support on it won't be available at the moment. Therefore, it is important to emphasize on increasing the social awareness for its development.
For countries that still haven't adopted Bitcoin for payments and others, there really isn't any special education about Bitcoin for everyone who doesn't know it.
But for countries that have adopted Bitcoin and legalized it in all aspects, I think there are provisions and provisions for general education for their own citizens in order to provide knowledge and education that is quite good about Bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 2114
Merit: 536
Building my own Dreams!
That's fine but I think the basics are on YouTube and in some books like The Bitcoin Standard, Mastering Bitcoin, if these books and resources are available in your local language it will be easy for them to learn if they have some time.

A tip is to get them to stop thinking of Bitcoin as a short-term investment or a quick way to get rich.

Yes it would have saved the OP’s time, if he could have used the YouTube videos to make them understand about the basics.
Also in YouTube through pictorial representation , they would have learned the basics more quickly.
Moreover I also saw the information that you have written on the whiteboard while teaching your neighbors. It seems that you have only taught the one side of the Bitcoins, which is how it’s used to do economical transactions. You forget the main ideology of Bitcoins, that to remain anonymous and use money with complete control over it.
Nevertheless it’s great to see that you are educating this young mind without any greed in return. Wish you best of luck for your future.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 447
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
the umpteenth time you and your other friends are so impressive. I think your concern for the environment to educate them about bitcoin is very impressive. Indeed, there is no recommendation and maybe your environmental pressure and branding on social media might make them interested.
you have to be patient when maybe money management and psychology they are not used to the price fluctuations. I think you know enough about it. Your kindness and dedication are very good. I hope you are consistent and always enthusiastic about the programs you start, the spirit of educating other cryptocurrencies that you know
Having time to educate others in our own environment is a very good thing. Because not everyone has this ability at this time, especially educating people for the purpose of making money and work through cryptocurrency, it is clearly very good and cannot be denied. But as for the problem of consistency, I think it also really depends on the attitude and the person being educated, if for example their response can be very good, then the consistency of the educator will also exist.
And we as longtime bitcoin users should be able to do what the OP did because it's good for them and it can also increase users, but it's good that it happens on their own accord because bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies are high risk.
and it will be easier to understand for those of their own accord than we have invited, and they will surely appreciate and will also study earnestly when we teach them.
for the purpose of working or making money in this industry people will be excited but it all depends on their seriousness, not only relying on teaching but must have the initiative to seek further information or knowledge for themselves. Teaching, learning and understanding bitcoin requires patience for both the teacher and the person being taught to get the desired results.
the umpteenth time you and your other friends are so impressive. I think your concern for the environment to educate them about bitcoin is very impressive. Indeed, there is no recommendation and maybe your environmental pressure and branding on social media might make them interested.
you have to be patient when maybe money management and psychology they are not used to the price fluctuations. I think you know enough about it. Your kindness and dedication are very good. I hope you are consistent and always enthusiastic about the programs you start, the spirit of educating other cryptocurrencies that you know
Having time to educate others in our own environment is a very good thing. Because not everyone has this ability at this time, especially educating people for the purpose of making money and work through cryptocurrency, it is clearly very good and cannot be denied. But as for the problem of consistency, I think it also really depends on the attitude and the person being educated, if for example their response can be very good, then the consistency of the educator will also exist.
Pages:
Jump to: