Pages:
Author

Topic: I have started teaching Bitcoin to my Neighbors - page 9. (Read 1915 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1010
Only BTC
Teaching people about bitcoin is great, but i will not let people into my home for that purpose, that is too risky for a bitcoin user like me, even if they are neighbors, i may just be exposing myself to attacks in the future, people think every bitcoin user is rich you know. Roll Eyes A change of venue may be necessary, a group on any social media app may be even better, anything to maintain your privacy and anonymity and to protect yourself. You get an idea of what i am saying from this snippet from your post:
According to the image you see above, these young people told me that they got interested because it was their parents who encouraged them to come for me to teach them about what I was doing with bitcoins and their parents said that even though I am not employed or unemployed, I can still pay my monthly billings, rental house, internet bill, electricity, and water bill within 6 years. And the rest of them are already 27yrs old, 22, 18, and 17 years old.
^
Now on that snippet, i do not know how you manage to do all that without a job, you probably get bitcoin for providing a service, there is something many do not understand, bitcoin is money, just like £ for example, you have to do something to get it, it can't help you pay your bills without working for it, it is not bitcoin of itself that pays your bills, it is your skill you give out. You'd have to work or give out a service and be paid in bitcoin, then use bitcoin to pay your bills, so as people understand bitcoin, they should also develop a skill they can give out and be paid in the coin, or they have to work, and use their salaries to buy it (note that buying that way is for speculation and not spending), it is a crucial information, so people avoid building castles in the air with the thought that knowing bitcoin without working will be a panacea to poverty.
Activity: 48
Merit: 37
Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far
Well, first of all, I would like to thank you Wink. I have heard an old proverb that says:
"Anyone who teaches me something, he's like my father, and I have to respect him."

I see that most of your friends are young and that's great. Young people always have newer and better ideas. Who knows, maybe one of these guys will be influential in the future.
But I have a suggestion for you. One of my teachers said:
The best way to learn is "learning through videos."

If you have meetings in the future, you can use many videos from YouTube. Anyway, I'm glad to see you've invited people into the crypto family.
Activity: 714
Merit: 277
Hello everyone here in this forum, If you remember I made a topic here about the plan to teach Bitcoin in my Subdivision area. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/educate-my-community-here-in-subdivision-about-bitcoin-5404886

It took quite a few weeks before I was able to give you updates, and finally some of my neighbors who told me and showed interest in what Bitcoin is all about and how it can help them, they agreed to arrange their schedule so that I could teach them and here it is and it happened and it was held in my own little home. And the funny thing here is that they are all young people, and currently studying, they showed interest in what I am doing with bitcoin, what it really is. These are just some of the pictures that I will show you that I myself was really happy with them that's why I didn't regret to give them time and even it was conducted in my house in this regard.

This is the first step topic that I taught them first, it's really basic and I explained to them slowly and properly in our language, the funny thing is that they came to my house with a small notebook and a ballpen to jot down the important points I will make.

According to the image you see above, these young people told me that they got interested because it was their parents who encouraged them to come for me to teach them about what I was doing with bitcoins and their parents said that even though I am not employed or unemployed, I can still pay my monthly billings, rental house, internet bill, electricity, and water bill within 6 years. And the rest of them are already 27yrs old, 22, 18, and 17 years old. And they are all inspired by what I do. after the first session, they had questions about what I taught them about bitcoin, and they were completely satisfied with the answer they like to hear from me.

The beauty of it is that before the end of our bitcoin session, the five of them agreed that every twice a month there will be a small home party session here at my house. I said no problem and I will give it to them for free. One of the young people even said that he gradually understood bitcoin and plans to make it a secondary payment option in their small sari-sari store here in our subdivision. But for now, he will study for now. That's why the basic usages and benefits was the one I tackled in the first place.

So my only request to the other members here in this forum is to teach me what can be taught to them that I may not know at the moment, although I am not an expert here but only basic thing about bitcoin that I share with my acquaintances here in the community I'm in. So you are free to provide additional knowledge on this matter and I am willing to accept it because I am also one of those who are still learning about bitcoin.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this topic I made, and I will continue to give you updates on my next teaching to these young people. God bless you all Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: