Pages:
Author

Topic: I have started teaching Bitcoin to my Neighbors - page 5. (Read 1915 times)

Activity: 2338
Merit: 338
OP, honestly I salute your courage to teach Bitcoin to your neighbours. I don't find it convenient a thing to do with those around me for privacy sake. I can teach people online or get a neutral place (I can go to their homes to teach it if invited and I've the urge to go) but I find it a big risk inviting people to my home for that. We are at a time in a world that calls for safety and precaution. I hope you've your safety antenna on, anyway.
You also should congratulate those neighbors because of their curiosity, OP had the courage and confidence to try and teach them about bitcoin, if I assume that they're from Philippines, I am pretty sure that it's difficult for someone to ask someone regarding money stuff especially if there's earning involved. To OP, more power to you and hopefully these students of yours will continue what you did and teach them to other people.
Because they are willing to learn and that is why they are also willing to spend their time doing this, unlike in the other country(ies). Actually, this is not about asking who wants money because for sure everyone does but this is all about who is willing to listen and change their mindset. Apart from that, these people make believe that OP has the capabilities to teach them and clearly give them the understanding of crypto, about Bitcoin, that it brings them to hell and scams them.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 646
OP, honestly I salute your courage to teach Bitcoin to your neighbours. I don't find it convenient a thing to do with those around me for privacy sake. I can teach people online or get a neutral place (I can go to their homes to teach it if invited and I've the urge to go) but I find it a big risk inviting people to my home for that. We are at a time in a world that calls for safety and precaution. I hope you've your safety antenna on, anyway.
You also should congratulate those neighbors because of their curiosity, OP had the courage and confidence to try and teach them about bitcoin, if I assume that they're from Philippines, I am pretty sure that it's difficult for someone to ask someone regarding money stuff especially if there's earning involved. To OP, more power to you and hopefully these students of yours will continue what you did and teach them to other people.
When there's money involved or shall we say there's an opportunity for you to earn then it would really be that normal for a person to have these kind of reaction and have that interest thats why its not really that

surprising that they would really be eager on learning it but its still a good gesture for someone to consider on making other people learn on what bitcoin is all about but you should not forget to tell about its cons

because it would be not good if you are just focusing into its benefits and opportunities without explaining to them on what are the risk involved and other negative things attached.
Dont make out guarantees and dont give out assurance whenever it do talks about money making.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 603
I see your passion for doing this OP and a certain thing to appreciate your hard work and the desire to help people from your community. I know this is very important for them and I hope they could also help you to spread information and believe about Bitcoin, not this false accussations and FUDs.

the umpteenth time you and your other friends are so impressive. I think your concern for the environment to educate them about bitcoin is very impressive. Indeed, there is no recommendation and maybe your environmental pressure and branding on social media might make them interested.
you have to be patient when maybe money management and psychology they are not used to the price fluctuations. I think you know enough about it. Your kindness and dedication are very good. I hope you are consistent and always enthusiastic about the programs you start, the spirit of educating other cryptocurrencies that you know
Perhaps, it was the idea of a person who cares about spreading about Bitcoin and seeing what kind of help is needed for these people, for his neighbors. Such an idea wasn't new, some people also started doing it, assembling seminars and I see it was effective rather than just learning on the internet.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
Activity: 378
Merit: 167
betfury
the umpteenth time you and your other friends are so impressive. I think your concern for the environment to educate them about bitcoin is very impressive. Indeed, there is no recommendation and maybe your environmental pressure and branding on social media might make them interested.
you have to be patient when maybe money management and psychology they are not used to the price fluctuations. I think you know enough about it. Your kindness and dedication are very good. I hope you are consistent and always enthusiastic about the programs you start, the spirit of educating other cryptocurrencies that you know
Activity: 966
Merit: 573
God is great
Were they able to jot things down? Regarding their sitting position. However, you are doing a great job, get them to create their first wallet then start putting Bitcoin into it bit by bit, since they are young people their parents can fund it. Are you teaching them free of charge? If so it's ok, but paying for the session with you in your little home will enable them take the whole process more serious. From time to time they will be able to understand how the blockchain network works.
Don't you think it will be to fast for them to get a bitcoin if they haven't yet know the risk that is involve in bitcoin,  I mean volatility.  I think right now they already know the benefits of bitcoin, it is also important to teach them the volatility of bitcoin,  and how to have patience when bitcoin go dip so that if they experience it they won't feel feel much panic, buying Bitcoin should be the last  aspect and this should be done by their own decision. Their are other important things they need to know to like how to secure wallet from fraudsters.
Activity: 728
Merit: 512
Bravo! For what you have done it very much impressive and worth applauding. This is what I call cashing them young into the the World of Bitcoin before they grow older and they wouldn't depart from it.
I hope you just don't stop here but keep grooming them in the knowledge of what you know about Bitcoin until they are well enough to get to do well on their own based on all they have learnt.

Also, try to be patient with some of them that might not be catching up at a speedy pace, as some persons it takes a gradual but steady process to catch up with new things while for other it could be so fast  
Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
you are very extraordinary, before did you provide an explanation of the risks that will be obtained when dealing with bitcoin?
if people are given a good one, they will definitely be interested in bitcoin, but if we give them a favorable explanation, proceed to the risk that your neighbors or relatives will think twice about this

because I've tried it, when the value of my assets dropped to the price like today
It's quite right to educate people who don't know about cryptocurrency the positive and the negative impact of cryptocurrency. so that during the investment time they will all know the probability or the tendency of scaling through. Some use to be disappointed when they invest in cryptocurrency and it happens to result negative, so teaching people of cryptocurrency you have to go deeper in the disadvantages.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1246
Hello everyone here in this forum, If you remember I made a topic here about the plan to teach Bitcoin in my Subdivision area. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/educate-my-community-here-in-subdivision-about-bitcoin-5404886

So my only request to the other members here in this forum is to teach me what can be taught to them that I may not know at the moment, although I am not an expert here but only basic thing about bitcoin that I share with my acquaintances here in the community I'm in. So you are free to provide additional knowledge on this matter and I am willing to accept it because I am also one of those who are still learning about bitcoin.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this topic I made, and I will continue to give you updates on my next teaching to these young people. God bless you all Smiley

Thank you for the bold step and courage taking by you to teach these young men And spreading the good news of bitcoin. It is not an easy task. I know how it is. God should give you the strength to continue the job. But there are some minor mistakes that you did in the teaching and learning process on the white board image that you showcase here. If you carefully look at it, you will see them. But I will highlight them for you but please dont be offended. The first error or mistake on the board is the definition of bitcoin and the students have taking that wrong definition home, so your next class as the instructor, you have to correct that for them. You said, bitcoin was created in 2009. But bitcoin was created in 2008 and was launched in 2009. There is different between created and launched. There are many projects that have been created right now in this world but has not been launched so we do not know them until they are launched in the public domain. There are Haplography on the white board presented here which was used to teach the students (young men), such as: benifits instead of benefits, -is instead of It’s or it is. Once again I thank you for the help
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1022
Hello Leo! You can still win.
I agree with you. Many people prefer books and magazines, and it makes learning easier for them. But the human brain has a better understanding of images and video content.
That's why Metaverse creating an environment for medical students to see and repeat all surgeries in the Metaverse world.
Quite interesting though, but I will say that the human brain has no better understanding of images and video contents. It's all about how the brain was trained. Using myself as a case study, during my infant schools and high schools I learnt only by reading. I wasn't opportune to watch a single video clip and I did excellently well. Now, that I have a professional training I'm studying, we are taught only by  watching videos. I am finding it difficult to cope, this is because my brain wasn't trained with videos. I have to go look for the text format of the lecture, read before I will have full understanding. It's all about training and adaptation.

Op, it's a good work, ensure to guide them well before they could go into the investment aspect of bitcoin.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 366
we need more activities like this to make people understand the value of crypto. The future generation's adoption of digital currency will be in the past in our hands. We will have to pave the path so that they can walk on it. Good luck on your mission brother. Good time will come soon.
Activity: 714
Merit: 277
You should tell them how you earn with bitcoin and make them aware about what you've been doing for 6 years is not that simple. The only reason why those parents agreed to teach their kids is they think that you can easily earn from it since you are doing it at the comfort of your home. They should be aware that bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are not a get rich-quick scheme like how some of the investment schemes portray it.

Right now Sir I'm not at that stage yet, I just revealed features and usages to them as a start to their entry into the bitcoin industry. As far as I can see, if I immediately tell them how I make money here with bitcoin, they will not immediately understand it, because I have seen many people on this forum who have approached like that, and in the end, most of them immediately lost their appetite to learn what Bitcoin is. What I want to happen is to put in their minds that they need Bitcoin in our time, and make them feel that bitcoin is important or in other words "Bitcoin is necessity because it is more than an opportunity".

We have the right time there Sir in the matter that they can make money through Bitcoin, but right now it is not time yet although it is possible to make money. It is better now that their interest deepens in the usages and features of Bitcoin. I already have a schedule there Sir don't worry. And thank you for supporting what I have done.

If people will only see bitcoin as a get-rich-quick scheme, they will never come to understand bitcoin the right way. You should consider explain it to your neighbors OP as i believe their mothers have influenced them to approach you because they think bitcoin can get them rich quickly. And explain to them that bitcoin is only good to be used as a payment system as long as its not prohibited in your country. Otherwise, they should only consider bitcoin today as more of a long term investment.

I understood what you wanted to tell me, Sir. Then you have nothing to worry about because the other parents of these young adults are the only reason why they agreed to let me teach their children even while they are still in school and we are still in the current pandemic here in the country. it can help and not get in the way. whatever they do. And there is a right time and time for what you want to happen and I am happy to do that later.

That might be his way of defining. Whenever we talk about bitcoin, the ultimate thing that gets into discussion will be the money making. Maybe to make his neighbours get interested towards bitcoin, he might've started to define it in such a way followed by the payment features. Through this thread he'll get more suggestions which could help him improve the teaching method.

You are certainly correct in what you said because I thought of another way to not lose their interest in learning about Bitcoin, rather it will go deeper until it comes to the point where they will embrace bitcoin in their lives because of its importance to us, that's really what we want to happen. And I will repeat that I am doing this for free and I am not asking anything in return from them, just seeing that they are happy and learning is a big thing for me, Sir.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
Well, good for them if they listen but you should also tell them to do their own research and not to depend to you all the time. The internet informations are free, they just need to search it if they want to learn more. By doing this you can tell who's interested and who are not because not everyone who listens will follow what you do but the one that who are curious and is interested the topic will do favor on their selves to find what is right.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 343
when lambo...
A complete to you mate who does this simple teaching, yet it gives a lot of positives insights and even changes their minds the way they think about Bitcoin before. I see how important this education is for them and likely gives them an opportunity to understand what Bitcoin is all about and how the crypto market works. Because those who never understand it in their mind it was a Ponzi scheme, scam, and full negativity. In this way, they were able to spread the reality about Bitcoin and correct those wrong speculations.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
This is really awesome! First off thank you for the follow up and secondly thanks for sharing photos of the first session with your neighbors. It’s one thing to tell us all about it but it’s another to actually show us the teaching / students. This is how we are all going to help bitcoin and it’s adoption process, so cheers and bravo to you !
Activity: 3010
Merit: 604
Maybe you need to have a comfortable place to be used in teaching. Having a good ambient will have a huge impact and help absurd the discussion as this was not just an easy topic, but more on technical matters. But never mind, I know this was just the first day of your discussion and it can be changed once the number of your listeners will increase.

Well, what is very important is that we know there are some people who have an interest and are willing to spend their time to know more about Bitcoin. We never know if you become the reason why their lives had changed and lead them on the way to reach their goal.
First, i would like to compliment OP for exerting such efforts on how he can help his neighbors. His acts simply shows the love for humanity, and also the faith in bitcoin itself. What is good here is that his neighbors have already prior knowledge about bitcoin, and his aim is just to expand it and explain it well to them. I just hope that all goes well in the next session days, and yes we might never know that maybe one of your neighbors will be the new millionaires in their generation.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
FOCUS
That's fine but I think the basics are on YouTube and in some books like The Bitcoin Standard, Mastering Bitcoin, if these books and resources are available in your local language it will be easy for them to learn if they have some time.

A tip is to get them to stop thinking of Bitcoin as a short-term investment or a quick way to get rich.
If people will only see bitcoin as a get-rich-quick scheme, they will never come to understand bitcoin the right way. You should consider explain it to your neighbors OP as i believe their mothers have influenced them to approach you because they think bitcoin can get them rich quickly. And explain to them that bitcoin is only good to be used as a payment system as long as its not prohibited in your country. Otherwise, they should only consider bitcoin today as more of a long term investment.
True! but one technique I am using in getting people attention is giving them example of people who got rich with the help of crypto. This can trigger their curiosity and be more interested in you giving them lessons about cryptocurrency. Of course telling them that it is not a quick way to get rich but as you see you can take advantage of it as a way of making your students be attentive to you. I've done it and it is always effective on my part. I taught the right persons and they understand that they can loss money from being ignorant and not knowing what bitcoin and cryptocurrency really is.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
I also done something like that before but only few of them are really interested in crypto.
Some of them just like to listen or hang out some of them did invest and earn from it, and I am happy that somehow I manage to help them.
I used to do it before with my co-workers but it didn't worked out because its clear that they only want fast investment profits, and i know bitcoin can't provide it for them. But i also explained to them that bitcoin is a long term investment and it takes a year or two before they make a decent income as long as they'll never be tempted to sell at an earlier price. I don't know if they have made real investments as i bet their only excuse is that bitcoin is very expensive. One thing i realized, they always have their own excuses just to make their reasons more valid.
Activity: 686
Merit: 107
I really appreciate it because I myself still haven't been able to do it because most of my neighbors think about what I'm doing with the blockchain and crypto world it's only temporary. and for those who are curious and think positively don't want to learn maybe just a few questions when they gather in the corner of the village and here I can take the opportunity to explain and educate them so that those who think negatively also come together and listen to my explanation about bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: