Pages:
Author

Topic: I have started teaching Bitcoin to my Neighbors - page 2. (Read 1912 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 108
I did this once with my office mates and some other
close personnels at another department years ago,
they listened and some had a grasp of the potential
bitcoins and cryptocurrency have, but most were quite
doubtful. I understand the doubt way back then,
but a lot were so skeptical and were hard to persuade.
Some years pass by and I encountered the skeptic
ones and they were all over it, investing and even
trading on some platform available in my country.
That was when bitcoin hit $30k, it peaked at 40k
that year I believe. No matter how much you teach
it’s entirely up to these individuals on how they tend
to invest and dive into the market based on their
understanding and knowledge. Risk is a factor that
everyone must take into consideration, since it still
is highly volatile, but with some luck and smart
choices it can be very rewarding.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
what you are doing is very good teaching the people closest to you, especially if they are unemployed and my heart is also moved to start inviting my friends who are unemployed to invite them to start learning to invest in the crypto world, especially bitcoin, but you also don't forget teach them about crypto (bitcoin) investment risk management so they don't panic when a loss hits them. and don't forget to tell them it's a good and safe platform to invest in.

I think the OP will give them all material related to crypto especially Bitcoin and will also tell them about how to deal with risks when panic comes suddenly when bad changes in the market occur. However, it will be more specific if the teaching uses the internet and several models of devices that can be connected to the internet so that they can more easily receive knowledge from the people who teach them at this time.

Because without the internet or devices that can connect to the internet, it will be difficult for them to understand even though there is a little explanation in writing, but they can only listen and pay attention to whatever the OP explains, but can't run it directly because it is hampered by the absence device in front of them.

As far as he shows us, he is just teaching the most basic things about bitcoin like the concept, benefits and some outstanding features of bitcoin. In this case, it is not necessary to use the internet and the good thing is that they have carefully recorded everything, it is quite manual but in my opinion this will help them remember longer.

Bitcoin is a method that requires internet to use and it will be very difficult if they cannot access or use bitcoin once, it is difficult for them to fully understand bitcoin. Hope OP has prepared those for later lessons.

The best thing which anyone can do for bitcoin adaption is to teach his/her family, friends, near and dear ones about bitcoin. The more spread awareness about bitcoin, the better it is for everyone. Also, this is a chain, we teach one person about bitcoin, he tells another person, and so on and on.
What if everyone one of us teaches one or two people minimum, we can't imagine how powerful can be the overall impact by this action.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 128
Vaccinized.. immunity level is full.
what you are doing is very good teaching the people closest to you, especially if they are unemployed and my heart is also moved to start inviting my friends who are unemployed to invite them to start learning to invest in the crypto world, especially bitcoin, but you also don't forget teach them about crypto (bitcoin) investment risk management so they don't panic when a loss hits them. and don't forget to tell them it's a good and safe platform to invest in.

I think the OP will give them all material related to crypto especially Bitcoin and will also tell them about how to deal with risks when panic comes suddenly when bad changes in the market occur. However, it will be more specific if the teaching uses the internet and several models of devices that can be connected to the internet so that they can more easily receive knowledge from the people who teach them at this time.

Because without the internet or devices that can connect to the internet, it will be difficult for them to understand even though there is a little explanation in writing, but they can only listen and pay attention to whatever the OP explains, but can't run it directly because it is hampered by the absence device in front of them.

As far as he shows us, he is just teaching the most basic things about bitcoin like the concept, benefits and some outstanding features of bitcoin. In this case, it is not necessary to use the internet and the good thing is that they have carefully recorded everything, it is quite manual but in my opinion this will help them remember longer.

Bitcoin is a method that requires internet to use and it will be very difficult if they cannot access or use bitcoin once, it is difficult for them to fully understand bitcoin. Hope OP has prepared those for later lessons.
Activity: 2758
Merit: 575
This is also the way I teach my friends but in my case, I was being careful and I was also being serious and honest to them regarding the volatility of the market so that I am not to be blamed when they messed up with their investment. So far so good and the thing is, they are earning more than me right now because they went through some more research than I did. Nevertheless, I'm glad they benefit from what I teach them about bitcoins and I am happier than just leaving them without knowledge of this opportunity.
We're having the same way of teaching. I'm also just looking to teach it to those serious folks and at least have a bit background and knowledge already.

Because those that I've talked to that were completely newbies and zero knowledge, they seem to be interested to talk about just the money and not interested in other things and hardships of the market when talking about reality.

It's much easier to discuss the reality of it when you're talking to real person that's truly interested in bitcoin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 265
Blackjack.fun
Being able to teach bitcoin to other people is a great thing. because I felt the benefit myself from someone teaching me bitcoin. although he doesn't teach much. but it means a lot to me. because I became more familiar with bitcoin little by little.

I also hope to teach my brothers and sisters about bitcoin. but I have to wait for the right time. because someone has taught me that I have to get other people to come to me. because it's more effective. and it will be ineffective if I teach those who are not interested. but at this time I myself am still learning because I too have not studied it for a long time.
and learning something that interests you is much more fun.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 584
You own the pen
The neighbour whom OP have taught about bitcoin will share with few more people. This is how things will get widespread and the real value of bitcoin is understood than just advertising on televisions. Not all will be interested in learning, but when we brief them with a proper understanding surely it'll reach their minds with ease, because there is a common mentality among people that bitcoin is something more complex.

This is also the way I teach my friends but in my case, I was being careful and I was also being serious and honest to them regarding the volatility of the market so that I am not to be blamed when they messed up with their investment. So far so good and the thing is, they are earning more than me right now because they went through some more research than I did. Nevertheless, I'm glad they benefit from what I teach them about bitcoins and I am happier than just leaving them without knowledge of this opportunity.
Activity: 21
Merit: 1
You’re doing great work by sharing what you have. Teach them about the associated risks. Because of the nature of decentralisation with currencies, you must take adequate steps to securely preserve and secure them. They are volatile, yet with high risk comes the prospect of enormous return. I would start modestly to gain experience and never ever put more money at danger than you can afford to lose.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 560
_""""Duelbits""""_
I think it would be exciting to share knowledge like this with the people around us. I've also tried to share this with the people around me. however, there are still quite a few who do not really understand or do not accept this development. well, it's great to have some people around us who are as interested in crypto as we are. that way I think it can be easier to teach other people and gather people who have the same goal.
This can be good or vice versa because sharing with people who still don't know it will be easier I think and the help is also more helpful because they are still very new and basic introduction can actually arouse their curiosity about this but the worst possibility is when their interpretation is wrong about money and when they want to introduce Crypto clearly we have to emphasize that this is something that has risks so that the people we tell do not feel cheated and must also emphasize the interpretation of instant profits because new people sometimes think as if crypto is a profit seeker in an instant way.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 690
I have seen series of threads of this nature where a forum member tries to teach his locals sme basics to cryptocurrency and its very encouraging even though, I might find it to come with some risk of exposure especially within crypto banned territories and that happens to be 90-95% of nations in the world.
It's a noble course yiu guys have taken up, to discern the fud that is been passed around and the notion that cryptos are ponzies or some scam innovation that is used to fraud people. In teaching these forks, you make an ambassador of them all and you'll be sure that one of your student(s) would be a student teacher some day.

I think it would be exciting to share knowledge like this with the people around us. I've also tried to share this with the people around me. however, there are still quite a few who do not really understand or do not accept this development. well, it's great to have some people around us who are as interested in crypto as we are. that way I think it can be easier to teach other people and gather people who have the same goal.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
The neighbour whom OP have taught about bitcoin will share with few more people. This is how things will get widespread and the real value of bitcoin is understood than just advertising on televisions. Not all will be interested in learning, but when we brief them with a proper understanding surely it'll reach their minds with ease, because there is a common mentality among people that bitcoin is something more complex.
Which advertisements you are talking about on television regarding bitcoin? I have not seen anyone endorsing btc directly as it's mostly for crypto based services like exchange but there's no education on television like specific channel about it.The @OP has taken a great initiative in teaching the neighbour about this financial technology but the thing is you must tell them the basics and in right manner and also tell them how to safely manage if they are using wallets to be safe from scam as once they get scammed they might think of it as bad way.So you must give them proper knowledge regarding btc.The chain can grow if others also take responsibility of telling others and clear the myths and rumours about bitcoin.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 191
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Hello everyone here in this forum, If you remember I made a topic here about the plan to teach Bitcoin in my Subdivision area. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/educate-my-community-here-in-subdivision-about-bitcoin-5404886

It took quite a few weeks before I was able to give you updates, and finally some of my neighbors who told me and showed interest in what Bitcoin is all about and how it can help them, they agreed to arrange their schedule so that I could teach them and here it is and it happened and it was held in my own little home. And the funny thing here is that they are all young people, and currently studying, they showed interest in what I am doing with bitcoin, what it really is. These are just some of the pictures that I will show you that I myself was really happy with them that's why I didn't regret to give them time and even it was conducted in my house in this regard.

Looks great mate , Hope that you will Update us here from time to time to what happens and the continuity of your projects because what I do believe is that things must not stops from this, because those who attend your seminar might not consider buying or holding , some of them as just shy  to deny you from invitation but the truth is they are not totally interested , so better to let them learn more and extend yopur invitation to many people that might bring more interest than others.
good luck to your campaign and hope that you will attract more from this point forward.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
It's nice that OP is volunteering just to give those young people time to teach them some ideas about Bitcoin. And it looks like OP's method of teaching them is also good. I think OP didn't imitate the first style of what the first teachers did base on the standard procedure of bitcoin, instead he simplified the depth of bitcoin so that those young people could understand it.

And what OP did was effective because they also voluntarily returned to OP's house, in short, they understood the explanation thoroughly. Because we know that bitcoin is not easy to understand in the beginning.

So I congratulate OP on his dedication to these young people when it comes to the field of teaching Bitcoin, we support you in that regard.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 532
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Activity: 882
Merit: 645
I have seen series of threads of this nature where a forum member tries to teach his locals sme basics to cryptocurrency and its very encouraging even though, I might find it to come with some risk of exposure especially within crypto banned territories and that happens to be 90-95% of nations in the world.
It's a noble course yiu guys have taken up, to discern the fud that is been passed around and the notion that cryptos are ponzies or some scam innovation that is used to fraud people. In teaching these forks, you make an ambassador of them all and you'll be sure that one of your student(s) would be a student teacher some day.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 306
As much as I think it will be a tough job, I don't think very many people will take on this task if they are not making any profit at all.
That right! For the illiterate people, I don't think we should rush to teach them bitcoin but encourage them to go to school is the most necessary thing. For those who do not believe in cryptocurrencies, it is best not to waste time with them, better to spend that time with people who have a need for bitcoin. We all have a need to increase income, and earn a lot of money, so as long as bitcoin grows, people who invest in bitcoin will give a decent income, and people who do not believe in bitcoin will soon come to us to say that we teach them bitcoin. It's not necessary to rush and waste time. People will eventually need bitcoin.
Not easy how to change people mind when teaching bitcoin to our neighbors, exactly when teaching about bitcoin all them imagine with how much earning every month when learning about bitcoin. I think before teaching about bitcoin need to change people minds with bitcoin is not give us profit without have capital for investing. Need to selective when teaching some people about bitcoin, some people have fund and capital for investing in bitcoin better teach them then make public teaching about bitcoin but many of them not have enough capital later for investing in bitcoin, maybe if OP have another way by teaching how to earn profit with bitcoin without have to invest.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 264
~
I thought I was the only one thinking of this one. Surely they cannot retain all those written information in their mind. I cannot even memorize a single column of blackboard writings back in my elementary days when my teacher starts to make a recitation inside our classroom.

To be specific, it will be more convenient if OP provides a Powerpoint presentation of those teachings he made for his neighbors and put a reference to it since I do not think it would be a good study session to just put all the text from your resources there. Props to the OP still though.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 701

Activity: 84
Merit: 12
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1042
HODL
But what about illiterate people who have no trust on digital currency? It is so tough to teach about digital currency. Besides, we have to teach them about the risk of investment also. If we able to teach them both pros and cons of Bitcoin, I think they will be able to adopt with it easily.
For illiterate people, they must have a specific study to be free from illiteracy first. When they already deal with the illiteracy problem, then they can learn about Bitcoin investment or trading. While for people who don't believe in digital currency, you don't need to teach them if they have no intention to know Bitcoin or crypto. We only waste time teaching people who don't have the intention to invest or trade in Bitcoin or crypto. Better to teach people who have a desire to know Bitcoin/crypto.

As much as I think it will be a tough job, I don't think very many people will take on this task if they are not making any profit at all.
That right! For the illiterate people, I don't think we should rush to teach them bitcoin but encourage them to go to school is the most necessary thing. For those who do not believe in cryptocurrencies, it is best not to waste time with them, better to spend that time with people who have a need for bitcoin. We all have a need to increase income, and earn a lot of money, so as long as bitcoin grows, people who invest in bitcoin will give a decent income, and people who do not believe in bitcoin will soon come to us to say that we teach them bitcoin. It's not necessary to rush and waste time. People will eventually need bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1056
Hello everyone here in this forum, If you remember I made a topic here about the plan to teach Bitcoin in my Subdivision area. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/educate-my-community-here-in-subdivision-about-bitcoin-5404886

It took quite a few weeks before I was able to give you updates, and finally some of my neighbors who told me and showed interest in what Bitcoin is all about and how it can help them, they agreed to arrange their schedule so that I could teach them and here it is and it happened and it was held in my own little home. And the funny thing here is that they are all young people, and currently studying, they showed interest in what I am doing with bitcoin, what it really is. These are just some of the pictures that I will show you that I myself was really happy with them that's why I didn't regret to give them time and even it was conducted in my house in this regard.

community servings

central florida electric

This is the first step topic that I taught them first, it's really basic and I explained to them slowly and properly in our language, the funny thing is that they came to my house with a small notebook and a ballpen to jot down the important points I will make.

According to the image you see above, these young people told me that they got interested because it was their parents who encouraged them to come for me to teach them about what I was doing with bitcoins and their parents said that even though I am not employed or unemployed, I can still pay my monthly billings, rental house, internet bill, electricity, and water bill within 6 years. And the rest of them are already 27yrs old, 22, 18, and 17 years old. And they are all inspired by what I do. after the first session, they had questions about what I taught them about bitcoin, and they were completely satisfied with the answer they like to hear from me.

The beauty of it is that before the end of our bitcoin session, the five of them agreed that every twice a month there will be a small home party session here at my house. I said no problem and I will give it to them for free. One of the young people even said that he gradually understood bitcoin and plans to make it a secondary payment option in their small sari-sari store here in our subdivision. But for now, he will study for now. That's why the basic usages and benefits was the one I tackled in the first place.

So my only request to the other members here in this forum is to teach me what can be taught to them that I may not know at the moment, although I am not an expert here but only basic thing about bitcoin that I share with my acquaintances here in the community I'm in. So you are free to provide additional knowledge on this matter and I am willing to accept it because I am also one of those who are still learning about bitcoin.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this topic I made, and I will continue to give you updates on my next teaching to these young people. God bless you all Smiley
Undoubtedly it is a good job. We all appreciate the plan you have adopted If every person starts working with such a step, surely Bitcoin will gain more popularity.We will also take such steps and try to educate all the boys and neighbors in our area about free bitcoins.Let's all take such steps and increase the popularity of Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: