Pages:
Author

Topic: I hope others will learn from this - page 2. (Read 1893 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 10
https://hovr.site/
August 16, 2021, 06:12:21 PM
Hold less coins will be my advice and always aim for high fundamental coins and follow their telegram announcement channel but is very rare coins change their smart contract except when they have issue of hack or develop their own chain so keep up with their new and read their wp well
Activity: 536
Merit: 15
August 16, 2021, 02:07:53 PM
I have done this too in the past and i almost lost out on my pundiX gains too back in 2018 when the  npsx token was swapped for the mainnet pundix tokens.
The concept of holding shouldn't just be buying bags of cryptocurrencies & not learning about the developments process of the project, you should always visit their media channels regularly to learn more about new developments
Activity: 1050
Merit: 109
1xBit.. recovered their reputation
August 16, 2021, 01:22:47 PM
~
coins that change their addresses or initials can we say as soft scam coins
I also have a token that I bought in 2017 but now it has no value because it has died or changed addresses and their token initials are the same as your case

now i'm looking at nft game tokens and trying to invest in some tokens, but i don't intend to invest long term for fear of the bad things above will happen again
Activity: 670
Merit: 512
August 16, 2021, 01:18:28 PM
I have some moozicore and nxps in holding and I just heard that they swapped to new coins leaving my tokens useless
I hope others will learn from this
Where you are holding your coins? I mean exchange or in your private wallets like myetherwallet, trust wallet, or any other wallet? I have seen most of the swaps support personal wallets, I mean if you own the private key or your wallet, then you can get swap coins easily. The problem is when you hold your coin in exchange you can be lost the coin(although most of the exchanges support the swap, but not all)

It would be nice if you share your problem briefly here. Also, try to contract with Pundix support system. Here is the latest swap option for NPXS is now PUNDIX: https://swap.pundix.com hope it will help you.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 22
August 16, 2021, 01:03:27 PM
But I'm sure the project owner will also definitely notify any changes that are considered important in their information channel for their users. well, here it is necessary to coordinate related to the above so that everything is clear and we are ready for these conditions.

Nothing is certain in the world of money markets, there are only probabilities.
Activity: 938
Merit: 255
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
August 16, 2021, 06:33:27 AM
To start with, I think if you are not ready to follow up on tokens you buy especially tokens based on different blockchains and you are already aiming for long term, then it is better you don't buy at all but go for those with an already developed blockchains. The truth is, we can't beat around it, most projects starts on a blockchain like ETH or BSC in order to grow with the anticipation to have their own blockchain, and once everything is set, they migrate to their own blockchain or even to other blockchains, and whosever didn't follow up is to be blamed, thus to avoid such ugly experiences go for coins with their own blockchain like SOL, ETH.
Also, with the way the crypto space is moving rapidly, it is very wise to always keep track of your investments, even if it's once in a week, try to check their Twitter page for updates, because I know token migration is a very big step for most projects, and information like that are always pinned on their twitter account.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 104
HEX: Longer pays better
August 16, 2021, 04:03:09 AM
Holding coins and tokens and not looking back until you start hearing how big crypto market is will leave you in a very bad mood, I'm sure this must have happened to some people here as well, this is my new sad story, I have some moozicore and nxps in holding and I just heard that they swapped to new coins leaving my tokens useless

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

Everyone has probably experienced this, it's just that people don't express it for real, so we need an understanding of the tokens we hold today, to prepare for what might happen in the future.

Moreover, conditions like this happen to people who are new to the crypto world, their initial enthusiasm to start has begun to disappear with conditions like this, never give up on events like this, this is just the beginning of the many that we will meet in the crypto world.

I still don’t understand if it was a scam or this guy just didn’t contact the development team to get know what happened, as I guess that there were different notices and maybe he still can swap his token for new ones. Nevertheless it is quite strange that developers decided to swap tokens for something new. I think that it is rather a scam. Please be careful before investing and hold only mainstream coins!
I've also had the same experience with him, there are some developers who understand and swap tokens even though they have passed the swap time limit and there are also those who don't have tolerance which in the end the tokens we buy just become trash tokens
I also don't understand why the developers don't do an automatic token swap which will make it easier for all holders of the token
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
August 16, 2021, 03:25:01 AM
Holding coins and tokens and not looking back until you start hearing how big crypto market is will leave you in a very bad mood, I'm sure this must have happened to some people here as well, this is my new sad story, I have some moozicore and nxps in holding and I just heard that they swapped to new coins leaving my tokens useless
MZI swapped to MZG, NXPS swapped to PUNdiX
what you are experiencing is a mistake that beginners often make, one thing you should pay attention to in crypto is that you must always follow the development of the project, whether you are an investor or a trader, following the development of the project is very necessary, because the development of cryptocurrencies is very fast.
I will give some simple ways so you don't make the same mistake;
first, you have to join the project's official telegram or discord channel,
second, find out what progress the project is making in the next few weeks to months,
third, after you join and find out, you only need to look at the activity in the group and look for the latest information once a week or every two weeks.

If you do the three ways above I'm sure you will be safe, and if you don't find a telegram or discord channel, you better leave the project, because I believe the project is probably scam or if not a scam the development is slow because communication between the team and the community does not exist .
Activity: 277
Merit: 22
lumintoken.com
August 15, 2021, 07:59:11 PM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

why don't you swap these altcoins to the development team ?? because many altcoins do swap but all old altcoin holders will get new altcoins from the swap. Is it because you didn't contact the team so you didn't get any new altcoins ?? Or you know too late that there will be a swapping of old altcoins to new altcoins ? and I think you are the only one who has this nightmare
Activity: 1414
Merit: 259
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 04, 2021, 04:51:08 PM
but whether the coin you have will change directly with the newly released coin?, or you can report it to the Altcoin telegram group there may be a solution they provide, at least not all your assets are lost. Well, that's why in the future invest in altcoi like ethereum, bnb, and bitcoin only
Investing in clear and proven coins with always large volumes is everyone's main choice, so there are still many people who always rule out new coins whose potential is still unclear and the volume is still very low.
Activity: 71
Merit: 1
August 04, 2021, 01:41:08 PM
It is better to always monitor your investment because some times there may be some sudden change to the policy which may cost the investor if she is not aware of it. It is even best to invest in projects/coin that has good history not some novel project/coin that will promise heaven and Earth just to be scammed at the end.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
August 04, 2021, 12:09:15 PM
but whether the coin you have will change directly with the newly released coin?, or you can report it to the Altcoin telegram group there may be a solution they provide, at least not all your assets are lost. Well, that's why in the future invest in altcoi like ethereum, bnb, and bitcoin only
Yes, investing in the three coins you mentioned such as bitcoin, bnb and ethereum is a good choice,
I say that because investing in the top coins is not as risky as investing in meme coins,
apart from that everyone has their own choice
Activity: 380
Merit: 12
Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card
August 04, 2021, 06:07:38 AM
Activity: 350
Merit: 104
July 28, 2021, 07:29:57 PM

I've also had a similar incident almost like this in the past on an XLM coin and i store my wallet on web wallet and then they updated their wallet and after few years i back again to crypto activity i couldn't recover the password from that wallet anymore. because their new update not able to recover old wallet. if i calculate , there are several thousand usd there. so completely didnt follow any update so possible to lose access some coin.

Yes I have had the same as well. There was no wallet upgrade or anything, but the service of the web wallet simply discontinued and I didn't take that email seriously. It didn't have an obvious header or the word warning. I thought it is some advertising for whatever and ignored the email. After a couple of months I wanted to access the wallet. Website not up, tried to reach out to them and never got an answer. The coin was quite worthless though, but it was a lesson anyway.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 326
July 28, 2021, 04:08:44 PM

I've also had a similar incident almost like this in the past on an XLM coin and i store my wallet on web wallet and then they updated their wallet and after few years i back again to crypto activity i couldn't recover the password from that wallet anymore. because their new update not able to recover old wallet. if i calculate , there are several thousand usd there. so completely didnt follow any update so possible to lose access some coin.
Activity: 868
Merit: 10
July 28, 2021, 01:39:49 PM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

If you hold a token, you must know how they progress. If the token is going to swap, of course the investor will be given time to swap. Some projects have deadlines and some don't, that's the reason why you should monitor the progress of the project.

yes, i agree with you. most people lose because they don't monitor the progress of the project itself. and that's often the case with bounty hunters who may not have time to monitor the coins they make from there. It's a different story if you are a project investor, chances are you will also be required to keep abreast of the developments of the project you are investing in so you don't miss out on information like the case experienced by the OP.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme
July 28, 2021, 01:31:50 PM

If we following a growing project since small project, we have to keep watch what they are doing with their projects. Sometimes they will have struggle in the market and make some strategies like changing contract address and etc, if we don't following the project we will lost our money, i've also experienced it before. So make sure make an alert notification for every news coming from the project
it was purely his own fault for not following the progress of the project he was following.
but usually, everyone follows social media which certainly gives notifications regarding SWAP or token releases in the market.
I usually get notifications from some members who really care about sharing information with all community members.
Activity: 568
Merit: 100
umachit.fund
July 28, 2021, 12:14:15 PM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

When you invest in different, not very popular altcoins, you should always be very careful, as, in case of emergency, you might be able to save your money if you act quickly. But if you don't follow the project and its altcoin you can miss some changes and as a result lose your money. It is acceptable to hold only coins and currencies that you are sure about. It might be Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB. They have high trading volume and they are quite popular among investors.

Activity: 1666
Merit: 887
July 28, 2021, 05:26:34 AM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

Holding coins and tokens in the long term is not the right solution, considering that these types of coins do not provide a sense of security in investing, their conditions will change over time both in price and level of security, almost everyone experiences the same thing as you.

The initial predictions that made people hold on to this coin, actually lost faith when this coin began to be exchanged for new coins, should we find out why they did this, or should we just let them do what they want to do.

I don't agree with what they are doing, it actually makes people lose faith in other coins, they need to be punished, so that in the future they don't do something that harms a lot of people.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 252
July 28, 2021, 05:23:08 AM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

Staying up to date on the projects is essential, many of them are forced to make changes, swaps, forks etc... and there is the risk of being left with obsolete coins.

If we following a growing project since small project, we have to keep watch what they are doing with their projects. Sometimes they will have struggle in the market and make some strategies like changing contract address and etc, if we don't following the project we will lost our money, i've also experienced it before. So make sure make an alert notification for every news coming from the project
Pages:
Jump to: