Pages:
Author

Topic: I hope others will learn from this - page 8. (Read 1893 times)

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
April 29, 2021, 10:50:35 PM
Holding coins and tokens and not looking back until you start hearing how big crypto market is will leave you in a very bad mood, I'm sure this must have happened to some people here as well, this is my new sad story, I have some moozicore and nxps in holding and I just heard that they swapped to new coins leaving my tokens useless

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

I hope others will learn from this

Have you tried to contact the team about the old token ? They should not limiting the dead line of the swap.
And, you should pay attention of the project you invest man, you will never know if something good or bad happening in the future.
On every coins i invest, i usually get into their social medias such telegram group, twitter, etc so i know what is going on and keep updated.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
April 29, 2021, 03:40:17 PM
Not aware that existing coins would be swapped to another when others are still holding it.
Well for you, OP. I am not aware of those coins you held, but for sure it wasn't that coin that would last overnight anyway. Take a lesson that a lot of altcoins aren't for long-term holding.
It could be because they're pump and dump, hyped coins, or simply just shit project making shitcoins.
Activity: 938
Merit: 159
April 29, 2021, 02:56:07 PM
unfortunately it happened to me too, i wanted to do a long term hold strategy and i have not followed the market every day (which should always be done) and i have lost the announcements of various swapps and now i find myself with useless tokens, worthless that  can not even be moved anymore in particular i am talking about aeternity and nxps, we must always be careful we risk losing a lot of money
Activity: 1708
Merit: 553
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
April 29, 2021, 02:45:19 PM
Downloading tracking app allows us to monitor our tokens and give some fundamental analysis when to buy or sell.
What kind of tracking app, you are referring? Do you have any particular app with efficient alarming set up? Honestly I'm looking for such app for long time because usually I missing to book profits for all of my tokens when they are peaking.

Moreover, I tried to be active on few of telegram groups so that I will be getting latest update on famous tokens and coins but those group people are mostly suggesting about pump and dump coins but never giving any update on swapping kind of things. I guess I must need any android app to make me informed all the times.

I doubt it. Maybe if the developers use it for crucial updates as well but that is unrealistic. The only thing you can do is follow the channels that those developer teams use for communication. Set the alarm for thread updates. Other than that, I know too well what it means to not follow a project or the thread for a longer period of time and then you come back and poof, swap and money is gone because you missed a short notice deadline.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1442
April 29, 2021, 02:42:26 PM
Crypto investments require almost daily involvement and monitoring, IMHO.

And yes ... swaps take place ... leaving behind tokens without value ​​...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 661
Merit: 108
April 29, 2021, 01:43:12 PM
To say reality this have happened to me too, extremely quite a while past when I was still new to crypto and blockchain tech, this is something typical to happen to most amateurs and later as time passes by they will learn, it's actually similar to attempting to sort out which task is the awesome put away cash on and which venture is a trick, crypto exercises can't be learning in a day.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1102
April 29, 2021, 11:11:36 AM
Downloading tracking app allows us to monitor our tokens and give some fundamental analysis when to buy or sell.
What kind of tracking app, you are referring? Do you have any particular app with efficient alarming set up? Honestly I'm looking for such app for long time because usually I missing to book profits for all of my tokens when they are peaking.

Moreover, I tried to be active on few of telegram groups so that I will be getting latest update on famous tokens and coins but those group people are mostly suggesting about pump and dump coins but never giving any update on swapping kind of things. I guess I must need any android app to make me informed all the times.
Activity: 882
Merit: 253
April 29, 2021, 10:21:21 AM
Next time download blockfolio app and add every coins and tokens you have in the app for tracking, you will know their worth or value and so be up to date with whatever the project teams are planning, this is why blockfolio app is highly recommended, you won't miss a single update
Yes, that's a good idea. We must always track the progress of the project, they will release statement regarding what are their future plans or even they will about to be close. Downloading tracking app allows us to monitor our tokens and give some fundamental analysis when to buy or sell. I also have still atlant in my wallet, and I'm not happy about how they execute their payment after they required KYC in distributing token, I didn't recieve after that. Now the price is low, and it's not worth the time I spend joining them but I still lucky that I be able to get profit to them. I'm still blessed and thankful not everyone get paid.
Activity: 862
Merit: 100
April 29, 2021, 09:41:08 AM
i have tokens that have swapped but im lucky that i sold them when they are pumping . lessoned learned is we dont need to wait for too long when we hold a token because we dont know what future awaits to them  . either they will dumped hard or they will swapped to a newer version leaving our old coins useless

we need to sell when we already gained some profit and practice monitor thier groups and bitcointalk amm thread if they have so that we are aware if what are the plans of the owner

That will happen if you take the right decision and when you sell the price has increased and after all that ends the coin acts useful. I also had the same experience with selling coins that had a very high price and now become junk that is not so valuable.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
April 29, 2021, 02:01:38 AM
Holding coins and tokens and not looking back until you start hearing how big crypto market is will leave you in a very bad mood, I'm sure this must have happened to some people here as well, this is my new sad story, I have some moozicore and nxps in holding and I just heard that they swapped to new coins leaving my tokens useless

AFAIK the period given was long enough for long hodlers to be aware of the swap.

And at the moment you realized it's too late, you can reach their respective devs and see if they can able to work something. I've remembered in Icerock, there was a swap into IceRockv2 and I was 6 months late. The devs still allow the swap but it takes time.

Do you coordinate already with the devs the moment you realized that you are now hodling useless tokens?
Activity: 227
Merit: 24
April 29, 2021, 01:11:11 AM
Next time download blockfolio app and add every coins and tokens you have in the app for tracking, you will know their worth or value and so be up to date with whatever the project teams are planning, this is why blockfolio app is highly recommended, you won't miss a single update
Activity: 2436
Merit: 343
April 29, 2021, 12:58:30 AM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

That is why as an investors especially for new projects must also be aware of the project development by simply joining their telegram group. Because most of the times after buying their tokens, we just hold, and wait the market will pump  but sometimes we neglected to hear any important updates just like it happen to OP. Though I'd never have that kind of experience we never have to wait then that it happens to us, anticipation to such possible event is vital.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
April 29, 2021, 12:15:33 AM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

Some projects will allow you to swap their tokens so you can contact them to know possible solutions. And this is a real problem if you wants to invest on shit coins in long term, you have to keep in touch with the project all the time if you don't want to lose your assets.
I don't know about the OP's case, but the project party should have provided information or at least explained to their holders that they are going to do a token swap, right? it looks really weird if they suddenly do a token swap without giving any information to anyone, btw, communicating to the project concerned and monitoring the altcoins you invest in are fundamentally important in investing
It shows that they don't really care about their investors, all they are looking to do is to make some profits with their changes and will let their project stranded at some point so avoid investing in shitcoins for long term that is my investment advice for the crypto newbies.
Activity: 641
Merit: 106
April 28, 2021, 07:51:28 PM
I also suggest that if you want to buy and save long-term, then feel free to choose long-term coins.  The number is on the market and the use of these coins is already popular in the community.  That way there will be a big chance of profit in the future if the coin goes up in price.  At a minimum, the coins are safe and do not disappear from the crypto market.
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
April 28, 2021, 07:51:02 PM
Doesn't this mean you can just follow them? Do they provide a means or mechanism for doing the swap? And if they allow then just follow the steps. Maybe they also do this for a certain good and with good judgment.

I personally am not too interested in buying new tokens, only those who are already on the top exchange with quite a lot of trading volume.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
April 28, 2021, 07:43:48 PM
There might still be a chance to convert that old token into a new one, just contact them directly and know what to do.

This is the reason why we should not just hold and forget, you have to monitor it from time to time and see if your holdings have some changes so you can update your token. We have to learn from this, long term hodler must visit the site at least twice a month and remember that this market is 24/7 anything can happen at instant.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
April 28, 2021, 07:42:09 PM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

Moozicore! I have a lot of information. First, I want to remind you to follow a telegram group of all new and old. This kind of problem we face in the ERC-20 blockchain tokens. Own blockchain coins never do that. There must be a good lesson either by coin or be active in a telegram group. Another suggestion is very risky, hold your tokens in exchange but exchange must be trusted, even though you must be active on all announcements.

i can understand the team is looking for something that will make transactions easier and cheaper but at least don't set dates to not allow swapping. keep it forever.

its frustrating to be doing some swapping while the team or anyone else doesn't even share the page of how to swap it to BSC or to new contract. the first tokens i have invested in crypto like iconomi (ICN) also did this swapping and then i lost track of the project because the team is just a disappointment. now they don't even want anyone else who to swap the old ICN and i still have thousands of it.

Activity: 978
Merit: 250
April 28, 2021, 07:25:52 PM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

Moozicore! I have a lot of information. First, I want to remind you to follow a telegram group of all new and old. This kind of problem we face in the ERC-20 blockchain tokens. Own blockchain coins never do that. There must be a good lesson either by coin or be active in a telegram group. Another suggestion is very risky, hold your tokens in exchange but exchange must be trusted, even though you must be active on all announcements.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 285
April 28, 2021, 07:23:41 PM
---

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

you are not alone, so don't be too sad. sometimes we have to pay dearly for a lesson, right? I am sure that after this you will become a new person, be more concerned with what you hold, and be more active in checking project progress.
make these mistakes a lesson, then evaluate what you have to fix.
a little advice from me so as not to repeat the same mistakes:
- turn on the telegram channel notification of the coins or tokens you hold
- join all the social media projects you hold
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
April 28, 2021, 06:59:55 PM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

So the saying that says 'buy and forget' is really not that good in any case. Once you invested on a project or a certain coin, you should always be active on their social media accounts so you'll be well-informed on what's happening. That's really a disappointing experience since whenever you invest into something, you have good hopes about it and some good expectations but those hopes turned to hopelessness.
You're thread is a good reminder to all of us to remain active and well-informed even if you're planning a long term deal.
Pages:
Jump to: